Premier C - 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakleigh still no ressies coach

Yes but they have secured Jarred Robertson and Tim Doherty from St Bedes. Both proven A grade players. Doherty a B&F winner at the Tigers in 2014 and Robertson at least a few placing and multiple times in the VAFA rep team.

Yes but they have secured Jarred Robertson and Tim Doherty from St Bedes. Both proven A grade players. Doherty a B&F winner at the Tigers in 2014 and Robertson at least a few placing and multiple times in the VAFA rep team.
We already knew that quite a few posts ago

That was on a B grade thread mate. As you seemed so concerned about their failure to find a 2s coach I thought I would console you with some news about a couple of boom recruits!
Not concerned at all champ, it was in response to a post about the Eagles, seems to me its strange with the late appointments

Not concerned at all champ, it was in response to a post about the Eagles, seems to me its strange with the late appointments
Bedford you should be concerned you and your Ormond Mob will struggle big time in C grade. But hey at least you have the best hotdogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the same Ash Heaver that's on williamstowns VFL list? If him and young Ryan "squirrel" Joy link up often enough in the front half of the ground CY's could go deep into finals this year

Is that the same Ash Heaver that's on williamstowns VFL list? If him and young Ryan "squirrel" Joy link up often enough in the front half of the ground CY's could go deep into finals this year
I played footy with Ryan when I was younger. The kid could play had all the talent in the world.
It's a shame he started smoking a couple of years ago. Could be anything if he got off the darts.

Heard (via coffee with two senior regulars) that Eagles are struggling big time with a mass overseas exodus happening (again) this year. Confidence in Theisz is also being questioned.

Being the number one supporter doesn't necessarily translate to being the best fit as Coach.

Heard (via coffee with two senior regulars) that Eagles are struggling big time with a mass overseas exodus happening (again) this year. Confidence in Theisz is also being questioned.

Being the number one supporter doesn't necessarily translate to being the best fit as Coach.
Suppose that's what happens when people that have been involved in the club a long time and have a lot to say get their way when it comes to appointing coaches. Don't get me wrong DT is a fantastic bloke but as you said being number 1 supporter isn't always the best fit. They need an outsider in and have own agenda not get told what to do and how it should be done.

Suppose that's what happens when people that have been involved in the club a long time and have a lot to say get their way when it comes to appointing coaches. Don't get me wrong DT is a fantastic bloke but as you said being number 1 supporter isn't always the best fit. They need an outsider in and have own agenda not get told what to do and how it should be done.

Besides DT, when was the last Marcellin person to be appointed?? I think you would have to go all the way back to Cox.
The outside thing just hasn't worked.

Besides DT, when was the last Marcellin person to be appointed?? I think you would have to go all the way back to Cox.
The outside thing just hasn't worked.
Easy answer for that - they have appointed coaches with little or no amateur experience and who have come from admittedly successful clubs, but with massive player payment programs. Ie - Greenvale and East Ringwood.

It is almost impossible to transfer to Amateurs when you operate with lots of cash and a recruiting team who you can just send out to get what you want IF you haven't been in Ammos before OR didn't go to the school.

Marcellin said no to a former Brownlow medallist who had an amateur background and appointed a Whitefriars Club XVIII coach who lasted six weeks. The mentality there has been crazy for a long time.

This is not to say that DT isn't the right man - I hope that his tenure is very successful as he is a great clubman and a great bloke.

Any Practice Matches this weekend for the C Graders

Max "Free weekend" Leader
Doesn't appear to be much happening anywhere.

XfmPdhB.jpg

A "Here to help" M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back