Old GeelongMazenodOld Geelong
1st SEMIFINAL
FREARSON OVAL, MONASH UNI
11:40am SAT 10/9
vsvs
Monash BluesOld IvanhoeMazenod
Old Ivanhoe

Last edited:
I think all C Grade reserve grade coaches hope OG win the seniors in Saturday. Their two’s are on another level.
As someone involved with reserves footy, i could not agree more. The Cats have demolished the top team twice in 2 weeks. I watched the previously unbeaten Mazenod get taken apart in last round, then they backed that up and demolished them in 2nd semi.
I thought Wllly in 2019 was the best 2nds side ive seen, Cats might be better. Not unbeatable, just damn good
Nick off to B Grade please.

Monash will win the C Grade grand final simply because they have been the best team for the last 2 years. Without Covid, they would have been in B Grade this year and the final 4 would have been Geelong, Mazenod, Hampton and either Ivanhoe or Parkdale.
Monash and maybe Cats go up.
Carey comes down
Essendon and Camberwell come up
A very even 2023 season coming up. All teams should be up and about for their chances
No easy wins in 2023

Monash will win the C Grade grand final simply because they have been the best team for the last 2 years. Without Covid, they would have been in B Grade this year and the final 4 would have been Geelong, Mazenod, Hampton and either Ivanhoe or Parkdale.
Monash and maybe Cats go up.
Carey comes down
Essendon and Camberwell come up
A very even 2023 season coming up. All teams should be up and about for their chances
No easy wins in 2023
Hampton would've been on top as they were 2nd

I know some will say that weather is unpredictable and ‘what can you do?’, but I cannot help but think the Premier B Grand Final was yet another indictment on an absolutely hopeless VAFA administration. I watched 2 quarters of the livestream and the conditions were simply disgraceful. Blacks averaged 90 points a game this year, OH 103 points a game, and they had to go out and play a final on an ice rink. It was an absolute abomination. Credit to both teams for going out there and getting it done, commiserations to the players injured in a very tough game. And congrats to OHA on a well earned win. As for the VAFA, hang your heads in shame - find another venue, play it on another day, fix the VAFA’s HQ…do something. Embarrassing.

I know some will say that weather is unpredictable and ‘what can you do?’, but I cannot help but think the Premier B Grand Final was yet another indictment on an absolutely hopeless VAFA administration. I watched 2 quarters of the livestream and the conditions were simply disgraceful. Blacks averaged 90 points a game this year, OH 103 points a game, and they had to go out and play a final on an ice rink. It was an absolute abomination. Credit to both teams for going out there and getting it done, commiserations to the players injured in a very tough game. And congrats to OHA on a well earned win. As for the VAFA, hang your heads in shame - find another venue, play it on another day, fix the VAFA’s HQ…do something. Embarrassing.
That ground as i've said before is run by contractors who have no passion , just get paid and piss off and to allow a big school to use it over anyone else is bullshit

That ground as i've said before is run by contractors who have no passion , just get paid and piss off and to allow a big school to use it over anyone else is bullshit
Please tell me they’re not playing the C Grade GF at Elsternwick ? Surely Trevor Barker or somewhere decent is available !!

A big school? When was the last time Melbourne Grammar played there? Answer is NEVER.

The VAFA will make an announcement about the Premier C Grand Final venue on its website later today, and the match which is likely to be at Trevor Barker Oval in Sandringham. Would be very surprised if the game was held at Elsternwick Park, considering all the rain we've had over the weekend, and very little time to get the ground ready, with the grand final scheduled for Friday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to hear how those on this thread believe Monash and OG will go in Prem B next year? It's not the step up that it has been in previous years that's for sure.

As a De La man, I'm looking forward to facing a couple teams that I don't believe we would have ever played against.

Interested to hear how those on this thread believe Monash and OG will go in Prem B next year? It's not the step up that it has been in previous years that's for sure.

As a De La man, I'm looking forward to facing a couple teams that I don't believe we would have ever played against.
Monash would've pushed finals , have an A grad ruck , big bodies and well coached . Geelong are unpredictable , at their best outstanding , but rely on a few .

I'd suggest Monash from all reports will do things comfortably, but OGs do have a very strong list and a good top 5 players.

Monash have certainly played against De La before. Early 90s I recall. Maybe also earlier on.

Packed footy agenda. Monash traditional GF lunch tomorrow at the MCG, then down to Sandy on Friday. Super stuff. Can almost forgive the VAFA for trashing the fixture now it’s all but over!!

Have enjoyed the Ashes work all year and they start warm favourites for many reasons. Cameron in the ruck is massive. Not sure what OG do here but if they let him dominate it’s gunna be a tough arvo.
Monash on ballers are big, tough and hard. Easson, Harris, Le Lievre, Flett and Cosgriff will all be important. Look out for big Mitch King who might be the wild card for the Ashes, alongside Plugger Darling.

Great day for the club. Well done to Pass and all down there at the Frearson on the season to date. One more big effort. The clubs elusive 5th flag is a big chance!

Packed footy agenda. Monash traditional GF lunch tomorrow at the MCG, then down to Sandy on Friday. Super stuff. Can almost forgive the VAFA for trashing the fixture now it’s all but over!!

Have enjoyed the Ashes work all year and they start warm favourites for many reasons. Cameron in the ruck is massive. Not sure what OG do here but if they let him dominate it’s gunna be a tough arvo.
Monash on ballers are big, tough and hard. Easson, Harris, Le Lievre, Flett and Cosgriff will all be important. Look out for big Mitch King who might be the wild card for the Ashes, alongside Plugger Darling.

Great day for the club. Well done to Pass and all down there at the Frearson on the season to date. One more big effort. The clubs elusive 5th flag is a big chance!
How would Hampton Rovers have gone in the Premier C Grand Final if they had defeated Old Geelong in the preliminary final last Saturday at Trevor Barker Oval?

I'd suggest Monash from all reports will do things comfortably, but OGs do have a very strong list and a good top 5 players.
It is impossible to tell how clubs will go once they come up, or go down for that matter. Have a mate involved at Mazenod who watched a few B grade games this year. He reckons the top four sides in C this year would fill the bottom 4 places in B grade. He says the current Monash list would get hammered by the top 3 B grade teams and struggle against most others. Not sure how accurate this is and personally I doubt that that would be the case but just an example of the disparity in opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back