Premier Division 2021 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Richie, frustrating day. Dogs looked very good especially on the counter. Used the ball beautifully.

Long season ahead potentially. Very young with either a lot of guys retired or injured.

Interesting to see donny east nearly topple Blackburn . Would have been a huge upset .
Great to have local footy finally back !
Did you go cheong Bobby beecroft ?

Makes you wonder about the depth at Doncaster East.Seconds scoreless and beaten by 30 goals and only 15 players listed on the EFNL results.

His opponent had 22. That's a stoppage about every 78 secs.

Funnily enough its about right that number - we underestimate the number of stoppages these days and in fact should be a pretty important part of any training now considering the number. When you think sometimes the minutes spent on kick outs for example when you might be lucky to have 10 of these it seems a bit incongruous.

South Croydon are going to be a real threat this year, they seemed to have Blackburn covered throughout the game. Good crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big result for Berwick. Shows they can really match it in Premier, great addition to the league.

That result surprised me after Berwick,s performance R2.Only early days but Doncaster not travelling well especially with their 2,s being held scoreless against a very strong Blackburn reserves.BUT Doncaster East reserves were also held scoreless by Blackburn a couple of weeks back as well.

That result surprised me after Berwick,s performance R2.Only early days but Doncaster not travelling well especially with their 2,s being held scoreless against a very strong Blackburn reserves.BUT Doncaster East reserves were also held scoreless by Blackburn a couple of weeks back as well.

Only 19 players listed for Doncaster ressies versus 24 for Blackburn. Must have been a very tough day.

You really don’t like to see that at any club. No matter what the result, you want to see two (or three) full sides for every club each week.

Berwick were missing 8 players in rd2 and lost their captain 15 minutes in against Rowville. Not sure how much of an indicator that game will be.

Have only seen Balwyn play once so I cant rate how well they played. Their coach was certainly unhappy. Thought it was an entertaining game, though both sides were inaccurate until late on. At one stage I think the scores were 4.16 and 5.11.

I meant more that he is just out there playing footy.
That is really wonderful news. 2 years ago it looked pretty grim.
I had heard that he was doing some part time coaching at Park Orchards. I wonder why he didn't play there, maybe the info I heard was wrong.

Last edited:
Think you have completely missed the point of the post.

Bob I think my reply backs up your point.Have posted on EFNL facebook about Kire's return and hopefully they will give it further exposure.Must admit I feel a little embarrassed as I missed the point of Bunks post.Cancer is s**t and prostate cancer got me 4 years ago,removed and at this stage OK.To all guys over 40 I recommend you get blood tests every 12 months,if I had of not done then I might not be here now.

Last edited:
Marcus Alessi is a similar story at Doncaster, although younger. Has played the last 3 games in the Reserves, hopefully into the future he can return to the seniors where he would rightfully belong.

I can accept getting cancer at 69 but these young guys getting it we do not want.Hopefully Marcus ends up OK.

Bob I think my reply backs up your point.Have posted on EFNL facebook about Kire's return and hopefully they will give it further exposure.Must admit I feel a little embarrassed as I missed the point of Bunks post.Cancer is sh*t and prostate cancer got me 4 years ago,removed and at this stage OK.To all guys over 40 I recommend you get blood tests every 12 months,if I had of not done that might not be here now.

All good Voice, honest mistake

Remove this Banner Ad

Back