Opinion Qualifying Final Changes vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys we just won a game where the opponent's key forward kicked 6 goals and the guy MJ played on ran riot. It would be ideal to have MJ fit and playing, but Silvagni will come in and we can win even if buddy/tippet/reid kick 8 or 9 between them.
We will just tweak things a bit. Mzungu will drop back in front of Franklin at all opportunities, and the ruckmen will work hard to get back as well. It's not good news but not season ending.

Yeah it's not the actual defending bit i'm concerned about. It's the MJ step, assess and deliver the ball on a platter to a player in space that i'm worried about. Big game for Duffield, Sutcliffe and Spurr. Would love to see Duffman back to his 30-possies form of a few weeks ago.

Biggest loss with Jonno is his leadership. He always steps up when Macca is out. Time for Spurr to take charge. While bummed for MJ at least we have the whole week to plan rather than a late pull out

The ground is a disgrace and should be moved to SCG. AFL has the final say and because of loss of profit via contract breach there is no way they will move it. Infuriating from everyone's point of view from players to coaches to supporters.

No thanks. I'd rather play you at ANZ than the SCG.

There be merit in the suggestion from a poster that Mayne may go back, which would mean Crozier into the starting team. Issue of who to select sub becomes a problem then though.

Great point. And indeed, Coach Lyon just said on 6PR moments ago, Mayne may be sent to the backline -- and also left the door just a little ajar on McPharlin coming back, saying that while he's unlikely, "Mick Barlow was unlikely, too, but he played."

It's the MJ step, assess and deliver the ball on a platter to a player in space that i'm worried about.
Yep. He's the best in the business in this department and that's what's going to hurt.
Still, as mentioned we beat a pretty fired up Port team with a clearly very unfit Johnno so looking at it that way, we should be stronger down there this week (glass half full I know but it's finals!)

Ross didn't say much about possible changes. Kinda said yes , maybe to every suggestion.
Only thing of any note that he said that was not related to the finals was that they rate Clancee.

edit he also mentioned the running out of interchange was deliberate. He wanted to use them up early and then hold on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans four tall players (I think reid will play back to man up on either Taberner, Clarke or Pav)
Tippett - 201cm
Reid - 196cm
Franklin - 198cm
Goodes - 191cm

Potentially match ups for the above four players
Silvagni - 192cm (6 cm's on Franklin)
Dawson - 197cm (5cm's on Tippett)
Ibbotson - 186cm (10cm's on Reid)
Duffield - 188cm (3 cm's on Goodes)
Sutcliffe - 186cm
Mundy - 192cm - Such a waste of his talent, although he could rest in the back line for short periods if needed and then use his skills to rebound.

In short, pray for rain.

Umm why the hell would we drop Crozier for De Boer?
the 100 games more of experience will be handy in finals, he can play genuine mid I'd needed or fwd defence, cause he is overall a better option IMO for finals footy, crozier is stiff but with balla, Walters tabs and pav up fwd crozier doesn't have the ability to play in the mid like MDB

Lucky we have been playing with Mayne down back, he is not impacting the scoreboard so he will be a great option. I imagine we will also play an extra down back.

Love Johno but we just have to make it work and there are options. I don't see us picking Smith or A Pearce.

Crozier to play a final which is great for his development.

Lucky we have been playing with Mayne down back, he is not impacting the scoreboard so he will be a great option. I imagine we will also play an extra down back.

Love Johno but we just have to make it work and there are options. I don't see us picking Smith or A Pearce.

Crozier to play a final which is great for his development.

What? 2 goals on the weekend and plenty of goal assists.

the 100 games more of experience will be handy in finals, he can play genuine mid I'd needed or fwd defence, cause he is overall a better option IMO for finals footy, crozier is stiff but with balla, Walters tabs and pav up fwd crozier doesn't have the ability to play in the mid like MDB
Righto

Swans four tall players (I think reid will play back to man up on either Taberner, Clarke or Pav)
Tippett - 201cm
Reid - 196cm
Franklin - 198cm
Goodes - 191cm

Sutcliffe - 186cm
Mundy - 192cm - Such a waste of his talent, although he could rest in the back line for short periods if needed and then use his skills to rebound.

In short, pray for rain.
Mayne - 188cm - also has the leap

So in Fyfe and Silvagni, out Croz - Suban as sub.

Tippett - 201cm
Reid - 196cm
Franklin - 198cm
Goodes - 191cm

Sutcliffe - 186cm

In short, pray for rain.

Those will be the match ups methinks. need to limit the supply and put pressure on up the field - we are still definitely a chance

Good luck on the weekend boys.

Gee whiz the AFL must hate you more than Hawthorn. Last year they made you play down at Skilled, this year they are making you playing on the ANZ 'ground'. It is a piece of s**t. Better pray that none of your players are seriously injured because players were slipping all over the place on Saturday, it's a disgrace.

Good luck on the weekend boys.

Gee whiz the AFL must hate you more than Hawthorn. Last year they made you play down at Skilled, this year they are making you playing on the ANZ 'ground'. It is a piece of s**t. Better pray that none of your players are seriously injured because players were slipping all over the place on Saturday, it's a disgrace.

Our 4wd midfield unit will be frothing at the prospect at playing on that cow paddock.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back