Opinion Qualifying Final Changes vs. Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

With Fyfe straight in and potentially Silvagni it's hard to see any other surprise inclusions as there's just no room to cut anybody else (unless injured/suspension).

If Sutcliffe gets a week then for me it's:

In: Fyfe, Silvagni
Out: Suban, Sutcliffe

If they want to keep structure then maybe De Boer in for Sutcliffe (35 disposals for Peel and looked in solid form) - and Silvagni could come in for Johnson if too sore.

Great to see how much depth we have at the moment, I want Crozier to get a full game as he adds that X-factor along with Son-Son.

Why Sutcliffe? He has been one of our most consitent performers this season?

I saw the Sutcliffe incident and I think it will be insufficient force, like it was with Travis Barcode.

Crozier butchered his first 3 kicks badly and had little impact as the sub, given that we needed fresh legs due to being out of rotations.

Suban and Ibbo were pretty good I thought, and Johnno was almost a liability.

I think match ups will decide the outs and ins.

Got a feeling one decisive clanger will cost us the game . Ibbotson has great skills I would leave him in. The dude and silva for crozier and somebody very unlucky

I saw the Sutcliffe incident and I think it will be insufficient force, like it was with Travis Barcode.

Crozier butchered his first 3 kicks badly and had little impact as the sub, given that we needed fresh legs due to being out of rotations.

Yes Crozier didn't help his cause by basically butchering every disposal which is a pity because he was in a good run of form until being made a sub. Hopefully we are healthy and the selectors have the hardest decision of the year on Thursday.

Also wish McPharlin gets up quickly as we may still need to take the punt on him due to injuries.

Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How 'bout this eerie irony...

Last time we played Sydney at ANZ, in the '06 Prelim, a decorated yet aging veteran defender, Shane Parker, was being outmuscled by the Swans' Barry Hall. Announcers questioned why Freo didn't move to shift a younger, athletic defender to Hall. The defender? Luke McPharlin.

Eight years later, McPharlin is the decorated yet aging defender and if he gets up, would face the enormous task of minding another Sydney tall, Lance "Buddy" Franklin. The younger, athletic defender this time is Alex Silvagni. But because of McPharlin's calf, he may be spared the possible indignity of not being able to keep up with Buddy.

I like Silvagni's chances. Not that McPharlin would, but Silvagni won't take any physical intimidation crap from Buddy and likely will dish it right back. Silvagni has a habit of playing big in big games, too. Silvagni just must be extra careful not to give away silly frees.

And the wet weather forecast may well work in Freo's favor, as the Swans may have the tallest timber, but our mosquito fleet is elite.

Saw a numerologist in Fremantle on Sunday (don't ask why) - he explained that as Fremantle had finished 4th this year in the last three years we finished 7th + (3rd + 4th) = 7 + 7 = 2014 Premiers. Two 7's are meant to be unbelievably powerful.

That logic's good enough for me, will be selling the apartment and contacting Tom Waterhouse tomorrow.

Saw a numerologist in Fremantle on Sunday (don't ask why) - he explained that as Fremantle had finished 4th this year in the last three years we finished 7th + (3rd + 4th) = 7 + 7 = 2014 Premiers. Two 7's are meant to be unbelievably powerful.

That logic's good enough for me, will be selling the apartment and contacting Tom Waterhouse tomorrow.

And if I make it to the Grand Final, it would be my third one (third time's a charm?), plus my seventh (lucky?) visit to Australia. o_O

The Hoochie,Coochie man theory. If the greatest slide player that ever came out of the Delta Muddy Waters says its so it must be right
The number 7 is not to be messed with.

Got a feeling one decisive clanger will cost us the game . Ibbotson has great skills I would leave him in. The dude and silva for crozier and somebody very unlucky

Ibbotson is the most prone player in our backline to turn it over at a vital stage. Watched his game closely on the weekend and although he was good what clogged said last week is so true, he gets the ball and just stops. Will usually wait 5-10 seconds before chipping it sideways or going down the line.

Saw the other day that we look to use the corridor the second most of any team in the comp and I want Ibbo to buy into this quickly.

I don't think we need to get too carried away with changes suggestions of dropping Sutcliffe or D Pearce are ludicrous tbh.

Out: Suban, Ibbo (or MJ if not fit)
In: Fyfe, Silvagni

Silvagni on Franklin, Dawson on Tippet. It will be interesting what they do with Reid, will they play him up forward or play him down back to cover Taberner/Clarke. Interested to hear any arguments in regards to backline selection and matchups if it does indeed rain on the day.

Johnson not a certainty. Will be assessed during the week as expected. Shame we had to win every game in the lead up. Would have been nice to have rested him earlier.

Wow, that's really bad news. Struggling to see how we're going to cover their forward line now :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back