Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

What's wrong with Good Friday? It's been a GREAT Friday... No work, massive BBQ, and an all-day gaming session. Beats 99% of normal Fridays. :)

This. Everyone says it's boring. Make your own fun! It was a beautiful day yesterday, take your kids down to the park for a kick, chuck on a movie, get a head start on that DIY project you've got.

Personally, the family and I just chilled around all day watching the Frasier marathon that was on TV Hits and enjoying each others company.

I love it.

Last edited:
Just in case you needed more proof OTR are incompetent hacks.

Got a heap of scratchies for my birthday, of which one was a winner (a $4 free ticket), which I left on my bedside table for a few months. Yesterday, decide to finally claim the ticket, so pop into the OTR at Glen Osmond, where the idiots behind the counter told me I had to claim it from SA Lotteries head office, claiming they knew I won something but didn't know how much.

Lucky I work relatively close to SA Lotteries head office, so off I went at lunch, wondering if I'd misplayed the game or if it was an OTR stuff up.

It was an OTR stuff up. They validated the ticket expecting it to be a big win, saying usually when you get sent there it means a big win...unless you validated the ticket at OTR.

So in the end I got my expected $4 free ticket (not complaining because that was all I was expecting anyway), but it really shows how poorly trained OTR staff are when they refer just about any winning to SA Lotteries head office.

FTR the free ticket was a dud.

I always laugh when I hear people going on about the Peregrine corporation (OTR) and how great they are cause they stick it to Coles and Woolies when in reality they are no better if not worse in some aspects.

In the early days, maybe, but now that they've gobbled up all the Mobil's and the majority of BP's (Agostino still has a couple of AM/PM's, which are pretty much the only non-Peregrine BP's left), they're, at best, on par with Coles and Woolies (though I've noted several Woolies/Caltex servo's have reverted back to just being Caltex).

Also, who in their right mind would fill up at an OTR when they're in a hurry - you always end up in some form of queue because someone's ordered a coffee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the early days, maybe, but now that they've gobbled up all the Mobil's and the majority of BP's (Agostino still has a couple of AM/PM's, which are pretty much the only non-Peregrine BP's left), they're, at best, on par with Coles and Woolies (though I've noted several Woolies/Caltex servo's have reverted back to just being Caltex).

Also, who in their right mind would fill up at an OTR when they're in a hurry - you always end up in some form of queue because someone's ordered a coffee.
Treat their employees like s**t as well known a few people who have worked there and would never go back.

CostCo - 20 cents cheaper :thumbsu:

I always laugh when I hear people going on about the Peregrine corporation (OTR) and how great they are cause they stick it to Coles and Woolies when in reality they are no better if not worse in some aspects.

My mate squeezed 26L of diesel into his 20L jerry the other week at OTR. They are magicians! Or scum who don't calibrate their pumps properly... One or the other...

RIP Richie Benaud :( My favourite commentator in any sport ever. Oh, and not too bad a cricketer either ;)What an awesome legacy he left.

I'll miss that amazing voice :(
terribly sad news. sadly most of the cricket community knew this was coming, doesn't make it any easier to read though

Actually thought he was kind of on the mend, obviously didn't look great after everything over the past couple of years but the clip they had on him during one of the breaks over summer cricket seemed promising - I hadn't been keeping all that close of an eye on him.

Sad news, at least he had a good innings.

He didn't look too flash when he did the cameo role commentating. Looked better doing the lamb ad but he could of had a tire pump from the medical people first.

I always laugh when I hear people going on about the Peregrine corporation (OTR) and how great they are

Stopped reading at this, I can't believe anyone has every said they were great about anything

Treat their employees like s**t as well known a few people who have worked there and would never go back.

True, I know someone who worked there, they would hire people to follow and check on staff...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back