Universal Love RIP Russell Ebert. The greatest man!

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as a grander gesture such as the prisonbars would’ve been nice, the patch is in keeping with similar recognition of legends in the NBA/NFL,

View attachment 1351893

The Lakers went with a Kobe Bryant patch and accompanying black armband

View attachment 1351894

Washington Football Team went with a 49 patch to honour franchise icon, Bobby Mitchell, etc
I think its more the fact it's an ironed on afterthought

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I find this so bland and uninspiring that it makes me sad. The iron on patch is so sub-standard that it's come out grey. It also looks to me like it's a last minute thing. Perhaps they requested to wear PBs but only got the 'No' recently? Who knows. They certainly won't tell us what's going on.

RE7 would have been a better option than trying to pretend there's a PB guernsey on display.

Regardless, I'll be there with my two lads and we'll honour the man with our presence and reflection.

Don't for a second assume the club tried to get the PBs up for this game just because a few people had suggested it here. In fact, assume the opposite. The club's publicly stated desire is to respect Victorian football by wearing them in Showdowns only.

Don't for a second assume the club tried to get the PBs up for this game just because a few people had suggested it here. In fact, assume the opposite. The club's publicly stated desire is to respect Victorian football by wearing them in Showdowns only.
Yea I'm feeling this way, the showdown only push will fukc us forever I'd sack everyone involved if I had a say.

Not even allowed to wear the heritage jumper for Russell Ebert's tribute...Don't expect much respect from the VFL but this is beyond insulting if the request was made and they said no.
Meanwhile Sydney will be wearing the VFL South Melbourne heritage jumper in ALL Vic games from here on in.

Gotta look after the Victorian faithful after all.

It shouldn't matter. We should have the balls for do it anyway on am occasion like this.

fu** them.
Exactly. Although the club doesn't need to flag it in advance. They should go all the pre-game tributes etc. Then as they are about to run out (so TV audiences all there), cut to Koch saying the club will be wearing the PB's in honour of the greatest PAFC player, with the club fully expecting the AFL is of course supportive of honouring such a great player of the game. There's no way Gil is going to want to look like a complete dick by saying they will penalise us. He's spineless and hates criticism. Only problem is Koch is spineless as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retiring the no.7 is a gesture befitting the great man. That's better pafc

Edit: it's only for the one game (is Duursma even playing?)

Whoopdy doo... make it permanent. That's a gesture with some weight, otherwise just smacks of tokenism

Last edited:
This is weird.
Saying we're 'retiring' the number 7 for the match when Duursma is unlikely to play anyway.

Are they trying to spin his injury into a tribute to Russell?

This is weird.
Saying we're 'retiring' the number 7 for the match when Duursma is unlikely to play anyway.

Are they trying to spin his injury into a tribute to Russell?
Boak wore 10 when he was captain at one point, so if Duursma plays, he can wear another number.

Boak wore 10 when he was captain at one point, so if Duursma plays, he can wear another number.

IF he plays?
Have I missed something on the injury reports?

It’s just another messy thrown together idea.

The number retired for just one game.

If Dursma is picked he will play in a different number.

Do we still get an ex player to kick the first goal? Should be Brett or one of his siblings.

It's retired for the match whether Duurs plays or not it doesn't hurt the gesture, Russell certainly wouldn't have wanted the number retired permanently imo goes against his type of outlook on life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back