Universal Love RIP Russell Ebert. The greatest man!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah.

Iron on guernsey patch.

Half baked retiring the number for a week, and the player is under an injury cloud anyway.

Announced during the week, not prior to the season beginning.

We've completely made a mockery of this.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Shout out to Andy Munro
Crows fan but is very knowledgeable on guernseys
Anywho i follow his tik tok and he has pointed out that these are 2021 guernseys we are wearing with the iron on 7

Shout out to Andy Munro
Anywho i follow his tik tok and he has pointed out that these are 2021 guernseys we are wearing with the iron on 7

You mean what we're wearing in the game or what we're wearing in the promo photograph?

Shout out to Andy Munro
More likely that the club was too poor/cheap to run a set of new guernseys with a commemorative logo and have just used last seasons guernseys with an ironed on patch over the top of the club logo.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

More likely that the club was too poor/cheap to run a set of new guernseys with a commemorative logo and have just used last seasons guernseys with an ironed on patch over the top of the club logo.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
There's so many things that the club could have done given the time they've had, they could have superimposed the image of Ebert in action on the guernsey, the image of when he splits the two Glenelg footballers comes to mind as one of many iconic moments.

Shout out to Andy Munro
Would this be because the patch wouldn't fit on the new guernsey design? As they've removed the logo and basically moved up the AFL & sponsors logo, which looks better and more central but no longer room for anything else above it?

Whereas the 2021 guernseys they can just Iron over the logo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least all the Buddy 1000th hooplah will either be done with tonight, or on hold for another week - if Sydney had been playing in the SUNS v Melbourne slot tomorrow, poor Russell wouldn't get much of a look in.
The Burgoyne cup is on 7 natiomwide tomorrow night and Shaun will be on the boundary for 7. They will ask him about Russell and he will tell a couple of stories.

Spirit of the man was with us tonight.

He was there saying you remember when I got sacked as coached for not winning the granny...

Sorry big Fella, remember you forever, as a player and a man, but tonight your fans got to pay their respects until the 8th minute mark of first quarter.

Forever sorry for what your family had to suffer from that point forward 😪

Oh well, that burden of the past is out of the way now, and when the new museum is finished all those dusty old SANFL flags can be taken out of the training facility and the players won't have to look at them every day, putting unrealistic expectations on them...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back