Opinion Round 3 Changes vs. West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best thing about having De Boer in the 22 is that it improves the quality of our depth players.

Just wondering how it improves the quality of depth players? .

1 - they have to push through the wall with great form? (conversely if they have been doing this and are still not getting a game wouldn't this be a negative?)
2 - ?

just wanting your thoughts

If you have seen any of the Peel games its hard to use mobile and Hannath in the same sentence.
Maybe mobile isn't the right word but he is looking far more agile than he did even 12 months ago. He was so slow 12 months ago but seems to have picked up a yard of pace. So by mobile, I mean relative to what he was like 12 months ago and even compared to Griffin.

I see ballas as having 2 roles.
1. A small forward target
2. Provide manic forward pressure

If RTB think 1 is more important, crozier. If 2, deBoer, Mzungu sub.

My preference is crozier, as I think he can do both 1 and 2 well and it's a more positive move. But my money will be on deBoer.

Surely Mzungu is a definite in for Ballas and then who knows. Still not convinced by Suban/deBoer but they are playing their roles and we are getting the wins so they'll probably stay in at the expense of a Crozier/Duffy.

Just being facetious Pman. At the moment if De Boer is in a better player is out, thus improving the average quality of those not in the 22.

Suban also?

We may never know, but I'm not sure I would want crowley back in the team after these last couple of weeks. However a couple of the swans mids running riot could change that, though he hasn't exactly won every dual with those guys over the last couple of years either.

Based on our latest game plan, the small forwards are seeing less of the ball than in the previous game plan - key forwards also. More goals are coming from the midfield and the implied pressure. On this basis, replacing Ballas with another small forward may not be the plan. Adding Gu as a tall goal kicking runner adding to the implied pressure seems to suite this plan - so a straight swap Gu for Ballas should be the go.

That leaves De Boer as the remaining question - three weeks as sub really not on. Given the small forwards are not kicking goals, but providing pressure - De Boer could actually do very well there. Suban could be a logical choice for the sub, but this may very well be a lottery.

Don't pity the match committee this week :)

Unfortunately I can't see Fyfe and Johnson playing. Fyfe heavily strapped calf and Johnson trying with our Peel group looking proppy.

Fingers crossed they are fine. Maybe just need to gave a week or two off to freshen up.

We will win regardless because Freo as a team are strong and work like a unit.

Unfortunately I can't see Fyfe and Johnson playing. Fyfe heavily strapped calf and Johnson trying with our Peel group looking proppy.

Fingers crossed they are fine. Maybe just need to gave a week or two off to freshen up.

Well the game is still 2 days away. Are you at training? Any more updates?

Well the game is still 2 days away. Are you at training? Any more updates?

Any game Fyfe misses is another vote away from a Brownlow. I know it shouldn't be the priority, but it's true.
These are the games where he can poll big votes.
Nat wasn't wearing strapping on Wednesday, incidentally. Michael Johnson only ran early laps with Zac Clarke so he might be a late out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any game Fyfe misses is another vote away from a Brownlow. I know it shouldn't be the priority, but it's true.
These are the games where he can poll big votes.
Nat wasn't wearing strapping on Wednesday, incidentally. Michael Johnson only ran early laps with Zac Clarke so he might be a late out.

Zac trained well today. I'd say he's playing.

All I can say (and don't hit me up for the world coming down because I'm not saying that) but the loss of Johnson in a team where Kennedy plays would be massive. And Fyfe. Well. Blakey chance I guess. But Fyfe

jedi mind tricks, Fyfe and Johnson came out about a minute after you left and participated in a short practice match.

There is clearly an issue, but it may just be management. Even though Johnson had no visible strapping (apart from ankles) he looked the more unlikely of the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back