Preview Round 5 Changes and Discussion Vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm up and about for next week against North never too early to start a game discussion thread right?

Geez it's really crucial that we gain momentum with a win against North! A loss will have feeling too much pressure against the Bombers - win and who knows how far we can travel if we get on a decent roll before the bye?

Funnily enough they have a key forward sadly out of form too - think i'll back both blokes to turn things around - their work ethic and pride of performance is of the highest order

The old master and Thomas need close attention - Caff would likely matchup on Wells or NDS - NDS probably his best match up imo.

We would need that tandem of Grundy and Witts against Goldy and Currie/Petrie another great game for the learning curve against one of the premier rucks in the league.

Changes - mmm i like unchanged sides - continuity generally translate into sucess!

What are your thoughts?

C'MON PIES!

In: Sinclair and Brown
Out: Witts and Maxwell (susp)

Sorry Mr Adams, you don't get your spot back automatically after doing a stupid thing and I don't think there will be room for him this week due to the performance we had last night, unless there are injuries.

Sinclair is more important to us structure wise with his running from defence and pace. He is the ideal natch up for Wells when he goes in the midfield or in the forward line. Witts will need to go out for him because we don't need two ruckman against North.

From all reports Brown has been training and is a huge chance to play this week so it's a no brainer that he will replace Maxwell once it becomes official of his suspension.

Witts and Grundy must play, Goldstein will smash us other wise, and they are playing Currie too.

So;

In: Brown
Out: Maxwell (suspended)

I wouldn't be against the "no change" sign going up if Maxy is available.

Kennedy and Adams obviously in contention, but unless we are going to drop Blair or Thomas there's no room for them.

Bonus; We get an 8 day break, they get a 6 day break.:D

I think Adams' inside ability will be important against the Roos. I would like to see him come back in.

Agree with Matty that Grundy and Witts must both play.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see if anyone demands selection today.

No Change.

And jeez it felt good to post that.

I would consider Brown for Keeffe or Sinclair for Langdon if they can get up, but I believe we'll err on the side of caution.

On a side note for those picking Adams are you please able to point out what exactly he has done to justify selection? He was poor v Freo, 1/4 and a bit v Syd, 1/4 and a half v Cats and misses last night. So he's played 3 quarters of footy since March 14 which will be 5 weeks ago come next Saturday. He comes back through the twos and finds form first.

Whys Blair always a scapegoat? His pressure isnt unfortunately counted in stats.

Langdon needs a rest but i cant see who we can bring in for him

I would keep JT in i like the idea of a fresh clearance player coming in half way through the game, if he is sub again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Change.

And jeez it felt good to post that.

I would consider Brown for Keeffe or Sinclair for Langdon if they can get up, but I believe we'll err on the side of caution.

On a side note for those picking Adams are you please able to point out what exactly he has done to justify selection? He was poor v Freo, 1/4 and a bit v Syd, 1/4 and a half v Cats and misses last night. So he's played 3 quarters of footy since March 14 which will be 5 weeks ago come next Saturday. He comes back through the twos and finds form first.

Agree that Adams needs to find form and earn his place in the team via the magoos.

Would really like to see BenKen in place of Blair. To me Blair does 2-3 nice things a game that seem to keep him in the team. Frankly that's not enough given that I believe Kennedy has more upside in the long run.

People are too quick to call for players coming back from injury to be dropped after their first games back.

Last week Fas was rusty but you expect that after such a long lay off, and people called for him to be dropped.
Now Thomas will cop it. Give them time to get back into it!

Whys Blair always a scapegoat? His pressure isnt unfortunately counted in stats.

Langdon needs a rest but i cant see who we can bring in for him

I would keep JT in i like the idea of a fresh clearance player coming in half way through the game, if he is sub again
Bucks said Seeds is back (VFL) next week, perhaps Langdon will get a rest in 2 or 3

Out: Maxwell,
Ins Adams,

By the way there's no way Thomas or Witts will be dropped, Witts was very impressive whilst Thomas played well when coming on as a sub.

No changes unless Maxy is sent on a holiday, in that case bring in Brown.
This.

Out: Maxwell, Blair, Witts
In: Adams, Kennedy, Armstrong

Sam Gastin [on Armstrong's performance to half time today]:

"I like him Jade but have to admit he's been very quiet today. Other games I've seen this season I've been really impressed with his ability to find the footy and use it well, whether it be on the ball or across half-back"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back