Season 2015 - General Footy Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good luck Timmy Sumner
Played 17 games which in my admittedly harsh opinion was about 16 more than he should have - but that's not his fault
Always seemed to try hard but I think he just never quite got used to the frightening speed and pace of senior AFL footy
I hope he's successful in whatever does from here on in
I suspect his opportunities would have been limited under Rocket
I wonder if Eade would have retained Warnock or Hutchins if he had the steering wheel last September?

He was very humble. In terms of his coaching time at Gold Coast, he said he still wants the Suns to see success and still loves the club. He's obviously very devastated that he lost his job, but said he was told that if he made 'double digits', he'd done what he's supposed to do. He made double digit wins, and was sacked anyway. He said he was surprised and there was no communication.

Basically, he lost the support of Blight throughout the season at some point and was ditched as a result.

It was a very interesting episode!

Agree, Bluey held himself well.

The only thing I disagreed with was the 10 wins and your safe statement he made, the last third of the season was shockingly poor and he paid the price for that, whether that was far or not can be debated, but the last third killed his chances of continuing 10 wins or not.

Are we sure we can replace Sumner?

We couldn't replace Krakouer when he quit and we couldn't replace Brown when he was sacked.

Got a funny feeling he is on our list until the end of the season because final list lodgements are done.

Well he had no pressure when taking those set shots against the Dees, and still didn't want to go for goal. Maybe the pressure will be good for him!
Was it a lack of confidence, unselfishness or lack of penetration with his kicking? He took the shot with his 3rd attempt and struggled for distance, yet was closer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it a lack of confidence, unselfishness or lack of penetration with his kicking? He took the shot with his 3rd attempt and struggled for distance, yet was closer.
Seemed like the whole team was out of it, so hopefully we'll see some more confidence on Saturday!

Gorringe sees his versatility as a strength of his football and something that will help secure him a spot in Eade’s best 22.

“I think I’m pretty versatile, I can play CRAP back, I can play 2nd rate midfield, I can play under whelming forward,” he said.

...this article made me chuckle.

Edited for correctness, much more accurate statement

Well that sucks balls now doesn't it.

Someone will be elevated for Jaeger going onto the LTI list though correct????
There will be a spot open, yep. But the club isn't forced to promote anyone yet. They might keep it up their sleeve for later.

Yep
Been saying it a while
Gary has been a blessing and a curse
GWS had to learn to stand on their feet early and it's starting to pay off
Interesting to note Tom Lynch was disciplined for drinking over the off-season

Tom Lynch.. I was more shocked to see the quiet shy young gun in Martin on the beers with the lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back