Sheffield Shield Round 3: Victoria vs Western Australia @ MCG 14-17th November

Remove this Banner Ad

Klinger dropped by Ayers, should have let that go to first slip, would have been a sitter.

Siddle and Pattinson bowling really well here, deserve another wicket. Boland has bowled well also.
You'd never know there was a dropped catch going by the online commentary. It is very effective. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was there yesterday. Ahmed's first spell was complete rubbish, only had 1 good delivery in the first 7 overs (which Beaton played very stupidly), but came back excellently. Boland was the pick of the bowlers for me, tight line, length and was swinging it just enough to trouble them. Really improved as a bowler.

Ayre had a poor start with the gloves but I'm willing to mark that down to nerves on debut. Siddle was the captain out there but Handscomb looked as much an on field leader as Sid, very good signs (although he dropped a very sharp chance for Whiteman).

As an aside, Bobby Quiney is a legend. Has no problem joking around with the crowd when he's on the boundary. There were a couple of idiots around from me who clearly had no idea what Moody was doing when he was basically stonewalling Victoria.

Why did Victoria bring in a ringer as keeper and not Handscomb? And have Christian as the extra batsman?
Because thankfully David Saker knows that Handscomb isn't a keeper. Why invest in a young keeper (rated extremely highly by CV and those in premier cricket) when you can palm the gloves off to a batsman and play a 32-year-old mediocre allrounder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back