Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you game on console with such a tiny screen?
I always wondered the same until I tried out a 24" BenQ monitor. Despite the colours being washed and blurry, leading me to take it back to the store two hours later. I found out it was for RTS games, so I'm looking for another monitor. I've played on various other monitors but the 1ms response times and being able to see 'dark spots' is good as. You don't really need a monitor if you're just a casual have fun on a console guy though. The response times make FPS shooters a hell of a lotta fun. ;)

How do you game on console with such a tiny screen?

ydkf0p8.jpg

This is what it's like when I'm gaming 0.5m away from a 24" monitor, it looks tiny in the other pic because I took the pic from a couch distance.

Asus GTX 670 GPU
Intel i5-4670k CPU
Asrock Z87 Extreme4 MOBO
Corsair 8GB 1600 DDR3
Samsung 250GB SSD

etc.
I have to assume inside the case is as neat as the desk....
Pics?

Also console + 24" monitor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> console + TV

So here's a question, as I've seen a couple of variants in this thread and would like opinion on them as I'm in need of one with the reno going on in my room at the moment.

What's a good seat/chair for gaming in? The last few years I've mainly used an office chair, but eventually they start to creak and crack and they just in general don't last all that long and aren't necessarily all that great in terms of comfort.

What's the recommendation? Sofa/Couch Seat? Expensive office chairs? Specifically designed gaming chairs?

What do you guys use and what do you think is best?

I use this, perfect for gaming it has low arms so you can hold the controller nicely. Has a nice angle on the recliner as well.

image.jpg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So finally, I managed to get around to my setup, it's taken a while of renovating and some setbacks. But I finally have what I wanted and here it is.

Apologies for the number of pics, but I have a lot to show. :p

Starting off with Nintendo/Handheld corner.
For reference, the gameboy games are Tennis, Star Wars, Pokemon Red, Mortal Kombat 3, Game Boy Gallery (5 in 1) and a bootleg 150 games in 1 cartridge.
On the left are my N64 games. Next to that my two DS games. The systems are a PS Vita, Nintendo DS, the first edition of the Game Boy and a Game Boy Pocket. Also have a Google Nexus Tablet there. I also have the end portion of a Portal Bookend.
6cstTwC.jpg
Next up is the shelf above, that features a Sherrin, GTA IV Number Plate and two Minecraft Light Up Ore's.
50QD2dx.jpg
Next is the game collection (if needed, can take a closer up image of the games). They range from PS3, to my 2 physical Vita games, my PS4 games and my few PS2 games. Also have the other portion of the Portal Bookend.
3LYwg6Q.jpg
Next is the chair I ended up getting, sitting next to my table with laptop on it so I can browse BigF and play games/watch TV.
1rDSzhk.jpg
Now the show off shelves, with close ups to come (no close-ups of the Duke Nukem Bust, Edward Kenway figure, Eric Cartman squishy and various other little knick knacks).
8n3WzGL.jpg
My favourite item, the Hitman Vinyl. My collection of LBP Keyrings (Chimera, Helghan, Kratos, Nathan Drake, Delsin Rowe, Iota), behind those is Sackboy Kratos (in front of him a blades of chaos keyring), a Sackboy and finally a plasma cutter from Dead Space.
N5h4qO8.jpg
My pop vinyl collection, starting off with Superman, Batman and Black Robed Ezio. Below are some LootCrate items, a Skyrim character, Jon Snow from GoT and a squishy dice.
pDmrCKz.jpg
A couple of framed posters. On the left a signed GiantBomb Bombcast poster from 2011. And on the right, Don Bradman Cricket 14's poster.
70zYxuO.jpg
2nd last pic. My PS3, PS2 and N64, as well as a controller charger for the PS3.
EOWOIl3.jpg
Last pic. PS4 with DS4, GTA V Sony Pulse Headsets, a DualShock 3 and just bought today a Sony Bravia 32" LED LCD TV (inb4 I'VE GOT A F****** SONY BRAVIA YA s**t C***!)
1PvVJdr.jpg

So there it all is!

Sweet set up HBK619 although am I seeing right? Your PS4 looks like it's nearly only half placed on the TV unit?

Sweet set up HBK619 although am I seeing right? Your PS4 looks like it's nearly only half placed on the TV unit?
I think it's the angle of the pic, definitely all the way on the unit, not risking that thing falling off!! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back