Smedts and Ballantyne: How many weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

So according to the MRP, an accidental high bump is worse than a deliberate coathanger?
Nothing accidental in that mate. Went for the hit while Taylor was over ball. Deserved the 3 weeks.

The MRP found it wasn't intentional...
It makes no difference to me whether Ballas gets off or not, but unless the MRP interviewed him how would they know if his actions were intentional or not? Are they really saying "his actions did not look intentional"?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It makes no difference to me whether Ballas gets off or not, but unless the MRP interviewed him how would they know if his actions were intentional or not? Are they really saying "his actions did not look intentional"?
They have to make the judgement call, otherwise all players would say "I didn't mean to do it".

I'm pretty content with Ballantyne's shoulder slip up to the head ruled "careless" and Smedt's attempt to crush Spurr's Larynx as "intentional".

Then the High grading is a bit of a joke. He didn't go off and played out the game. Buddy did the same thing last year and the force didn't reach reportable level.
That's where it will get interesting doubtless Franklin will do the same thing as Ballas at least once this year...

I'd of had no problem the tribunal giving Smedts 5-6 weeks.

There was literally nothing Ballantyne could do to avoid contact in that situation. Absolute crap from the MRP.

Handbagger's have history of embellishing the medical evidence when they get beaten. Very soft once again from Taylor and the pussies.

No biggie I guess, given how completely out of form Ballantyne has been in the first two rounds. Several Freo posters want him dropped anyway. Nice to give Handbag Harry a whack too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back