Phantom Draft Snoop Dog 2013 Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort once again Snoop.Who would be "Plan B" if Salem is gone by Pick 12?

Freeman, lennon or Taylor. All have burst of speed and are polished. I think you are good for ball winners but a little more polish never hurts and they have that. seeing Lennon at HF would have me excited if I was a tiger fan. On the hand I could see Dumont, crouch going there as well but not what I think u need. But look you ain't going wrong here and I wonder if McCarthy isn't an option either.

The Eagles' midfield blows. They're VERY short and not necessarily quick. They have Kennedy and Darling. Why would the Eagles pick McCarthy?

I didn't say they would. I simply said wasn't sure what they are up with #11 and raising some possibilities. The most left field of which was him. But in saying that darling isn't a key tall rather a mobile 3rd and that leaves just Kennedy. Unless there is someone else on their list who looks rolled gold for it I think it could be a left fielder.

Notwithstanding, I think you are correct they need to build their mids and I suspect it's Sheed or Acres they are on

Freeman, lennon or Taylor. All have burst of speed and are polished. I think you are good for ball winners but a little more polish never hurts and they have that. seeing Lennon at HF would have me excited if I was a tiger fan. On the hand I could see Dumont, crouch going there as well but not what I think u need. But look you ain't going wrong here and I wonder if McCarthy isn't an option either.
Thanks for the reply Snoop.I'm not fussed who we get really.Although with White gone we do need speed.

Some good names thrown up in the latter part of your PD.
Would love for Curnow, Franetic and Haynes to get on to list.
Was particularly impressed with Curnow in the first round of the TAC Cup when I thought he was BOG.

Yeah curnow seems a bit unheralded doesn't he. Just so many like him in this draft who have teased but just haven't quite gone on with it. I'll won't be surprised if Franetic doesn't only BC so few picks will go but Haynes must be selected.

Yeah curnow seems a bit unheralded doesn't he. Just so many like him in this draft who have teased but just haven't quite gone on with it. I'll won't be surprised if Franetic doesn't only BC so few picks will go but Haynes must be selected.

You'd think so.
I'd rate him in a similar bracket to Taylor Garner from last year who NM picked up.
He at least did as much as Taylor in the TAC Cup but probably isn't considered as having as much upside as Taylor.

How high do you think Brady Grey could go?

I think his best would be back end of national with 60-65 selections in it. Quite possibly a rookie but he is about 6th in line for Tas kids and that would be unusual for that many to go from a Div 2 side. In saying that he shows good footy smarts and he makes good decisions and uses it well so I am leaning to he will go in the rookie. Got a couple of things going for him which recruiters will like - aggressive and will apply pressure on the ball carrier, clean hands and a pretty good kick.

You'd think so.
I'd rate him in a similar bracket to Taylor Garner from last year who NM picked up.
He at least did as much as Taylor in the TAC Cup but probably isn't considered as having as much upside as Taylor.

The thing Taylor had was he was a bit more aggressive and had that harder edge in his draft year. No question that was a shortcoming for Matt last year. Nobody questioned his movement and ball skill but they just werent convinced he wanted to do the harder stuff'. I think Haynes worked on that this year and was a lot better at his contested work in the air on the ground. I think he is a real player and I dont know if I am just 'oversold' and going back to his bottom age days when I thought he was a dead set top 15 chance in last years draft or everyone else is over amplifying his weaknesses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing Taylor had was he was a bit more aggressive and had that harder edge in his draft year. No question that was a shortcoming for Matt last year. Nobody questioned his movement and ball skill but they just werent convinced he wanted to do the harder stuff'. I think Haynes worked on that this year and was a lot better at his contested work in the air on the ground. I think he is a real player and I dont know if I am just 'oversold' and going back to his bottom age days when I thought he was a dead set top 15 chance in last years draft or everyone else is over amplifying his weaknesses.

How tall is he now? 192cm?
I guess his height is of some concern to recruiters.

Surprised at who you rate from the state leagues. I'd have Banner, Alwan and Sherlock ahead of a few of those mentioned simply because they are younger and have more upside whilst still being able to have an impact from the get go.

Surprised at who you rate from the state leagues. I'd have Banner, Alwan and Sherlock ahead of a few of those mentioned simply because they are younger and have more upside whilst still being able to have an impact from the get go.

Banner not for mine. To slow unfortunately. Crouch was v similar to him in his draft year funnily enough.

Always yeah should be a rookie chance for sure.

Sherlock is interesting. I've never caught a game of his where stood out but plenty rate Him and he looks the business. Where do you reckon he would wanted?

Banner not for mine. To slow unfortunately. Crouch was v similar to him in his draft year funnily enough.

Always yeah should be a rookie chance for sure.

Sherlock is interesting. I've never caught a game of his where stood out but plenty rate Him and he looks the business. Where do you reckon he would wanted?

Very good comparison with banner + crouch. Although banner always had more impact forward of centre. If he doesn't get re-drafted I'm tipping he'll be coming home to play VFL so I'm sure we'll get to see a lot more of him.

Any club that needs a genuine lockdown small forward, while he has improved out of sight with his offensive game
It's still the defensive mindset that is appealing to me. Being 175cm he may be a bit on the short side, but he always plays on bigger opponents in the VFL, to me he plays a lot taller than his height suggests. He uses his body really well and his closing/speed in General is exceptional.

Bulldogs, Geelong, Roos (if Atley or Mullett were to move up the ground) and Essendon (good competition for Baguely) would be good homes I'd think. Brisbane also with the less of Yeo/Doc. I'm tipping if he goes it'll be as a rookie but just feel he has the right attributes to have an impact. There is always one random/late/spec pick every year that does well like Rampe this year.

Very good comparison with banner + crouch. Although banner always had more impact forward of centre. If he doesn't get re-drafted I'm tipping he'll be coming home to play VFL so I'm sure we'll get to see a lot more of him.

Pretty sure he's signed with the Seagulls for 2014. Obviously providing he doesn't get snapped up.

How has Moller been going?

Very well. Was blooded in Round 23 and was not disgraced.

Had some injury issues but was very solid for Peel when he managed to get on the track, was quite often the starting ruckman and got some good numbers; his agility and decision making really set him apart. But against the mature, bigger bodies (Seaby etc) he struggled, though this will be less of a problem as he's filling out nicely.

Snoop,
SCHARENBERG.
That's the latest rumour going around. If Bontempelli goes at 4 to Dogs or even 3 to StK, then word is the Pies will take Scharenberg at 6. That's fine with me and it works out better for us as players like Aish or Freeman could be there at 10, perhaps even Billings. What do you reckon?
Cheers.

Any club that needs a genuine lockdown small forward, while he has improved out of sight with his offensive game
It's still the defensive mindset that is appealing to me. Being 175cm he may be a bit on the short side, but he always plays on bigger opponents in the VFL, to me he plays a lot taller than his height suggests. He uses his body really well and his closing/speed in General is exceptional.

Bulldogs, Geelong, Roos (if Atley or Mullett were to move up the ground) and Essendon (good competition for Baguely) would be good homes I'd think. Brisbane also with the less of Yeo/Doc. I'm tipping if he goes it'll be as a rookie but just feel he has the right attributes to have an impact. There is always one random/late/spec pick every year that does well like Rampe this year.

there are certainly a lot of clubs looking for smaller defenders who can lock down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back