Steve Smith vs Glenn Maxwell

Who would you rather have for the India tour?

• Smith

Votes: 89 64.5%
  • Maxwell

Votes: 49 35.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What can I say? When it comes to cricket, the inferiority complex of a lot of Victorians is hilarious.

I mean, plenty of Bushrangers fans are perfectly rational - but the other states don't have anywhere near the same percentage of parochial nutters. Particularly when it comes to their northern neighbours - the frothing is palpable.

What can I say? When it comes to cricket, the inferiority complex of a lot of Victorians is hilarious.

I mean, plenty of Bushrangers fans are perfectly rational - but the other states don't have anywhere near the same percentage of parochial nutters. Particularly when it comes to their northern neighbours - the frothing is palpable.
We feel bad because of it in reverse with all other sports.

291048_25ac229a_5fea_11e4_bfd9_14a3bab01828.jpg

Shudder.

Photo taken on the 1986 tour of India.

I'd agree with O'Keefe, but I do believe Steve Smith is a huge talent, and has a genuine future as a Test Batsman.

They threw him to the wolves when he was younger, granted, he dominated Domestic Cricket to earn it, but they threw him in the team with no clear role, the public had no idea whether he was a bowler or a batsmen - it was just poorly handled and messy.

If he's got half of the strength of character as Phil Hughes, he'll be back, and he'll be a gun.

I've been dominating this forum for YEARS.

Allrounder Glenn Maxwell has conceded that batting below wicketkeeper Matthew Wade in Victoria's Sheffield Shield side this year has been "a little bit painful", especially with a potential Test recall on the cards. Maxwell has his sights set on winning a place on Australia's Test tour of India in February-March, and he could be a viable candidate if the selectors decide a fifth bowling option is required in the XI.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/1069950.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether he is right or not this comment would've done him no favours

When asked why he had batted below Wade, Maxwell said: "I think because he's captain and he chooses the batting order. That's my view on it."

Subtle little digs at the captain rarely go down well.

yeah but it's wade so who cares. maxwell's leaving anyway.

dead set, there's not a man whose stock has gone up higher recently. first he tries to quit victoria and now he's in full no ****s given mode when talking to the press. what a guy.
It won't be looked upon well by anyone in the Australian camp either.

He can speak his mind in the press all he wants, but if does then he has gotta back it up with runs and wickets. He's not exactly covered himself in glory on the field this summer.

Regardless of whether he is right or not this comment would've done him no favours

When asked why he had batted below Wade, Maxwell said: "I think because he's captain and he chooses the batting order. That's my view on it."

Subtle? :D

True, but when Wade's not really performing it's warranted. Wade may be dumped from the team before the Indian tour anyway if Nevill can keep scoring FC runs.

True, but when Wade's not really performing it's warranted. Wade may be dumped from the team before the Indian tour anyway if Nevill can keep scoring FC runs.
Cameron White was batting below Wade as well - has he said anything?

Back