List Mgmt. Swans Best 22 for 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised, I will try to be blunter/more obvious. like Rhyce Shaw - good leadership, takes the game on. Disagreed when many here wanted him dropped for 'youth'. Media department sucks.
Is it wrong to drop him for ball use? If he loses his line breaking, I'll be worried

Is it wrong to drop him for ball use? If he loses his line breaking, I'll be worried
Quite a few players would/should be dropped if they lost their pace - look how fast a club legend in O'Keefe fell from grace when he lost a yard, and he definitely hadn't lost his toughness or tackling ability.

I'm surprised, I will try to be blunter/more obvious. I like Rhyce Shaw - good leadership, takes the game on. Disagreed when many here wanted him dropped for 'youth'. Media department sucks.

I'm with you on Shaw. I don't think he's a spent force yet. Wouldn't surprise me to see him have a similar year to ROK's 2014 given Laidler and Jones have been used similarly over the last 12 months and will be competing hard but there's a reason that Shaw was wanted back this year. Longmire can't be pleased to have lost Malceski and I highly doubt that he'll willingly drop another 200 games of experience from what has been a very cohesive defensive unit to begin the year.

The one article so far has been about the great condition Rhyce Shaw is in, a blow to all those here that want him dropped.

Those that are "training the house down" generally fail to feature much in the season proper if history repeats itself...

I can see Rhyce being surpassed by Jones\Rohan as the season wears on

I don't get it the same people that Shaw to play are the same then to bemoan the club when young players leave for more opportunity.
I can think of no greater indication of a team's depth than talented young players being forced to seek opportunity elsewhere. If we had to play all of our 'potentials' it'd be a sorry indictment of the state of our senior players.

Sad as it is to see that talent walk out of the door, as long as they don't leave because the club's a shambles, then I say "Long may they continue to depart"

I'm surprised, I will try to be blunter/more obvious. I like Rhyce Shaw - good leadership, takes the game on. Disagreed when many here wanted him dropped for 'youth'. Media department sucks.

And he gives a ****.
Makes a few blues but plays every game like it's his last.

Take him every day of the week over a couple of others.

Well said Bunghole, very sensible post, well done
High praise indeed !

There was a recent period where we were struggling to stay in the 8 and quite a few players were walk up starts who would be considered fringe dwellers in today's team.

Seeing players like Membrey go to Saints and Lamb to GWS is sad for them as they've decided to cash in any real chance of a premiership for the regular pay check that comes with game payments. Fair enough. I can understand that. What I couldn't countenance would be us giving players games just to keep them on the list.

In my view the best way to hold onto young talent is to play deep into finals and hold out the ultimate carrot of a potential spot in a GF team. We want players who stick with the Swans because they 'desperately want to be part of a premiership'

Jetta polarises Swans supporters views on his worth to the team. A speedy squib is always going to have
positives and negatives. His negatives are magnified by the fact that he plays in a team that prides itself
on work ethic, hardness at the man and the ball and above all else an honest selfless attitude. His Work ethic is arguable unless he is on the end of it, Hardness at the man and the ball is null and void which would make it very difficult to say he has an honest selfless attitude. So in summary I am Jack of people making excuses for blokes like him and Reid being on Longmire's protected species list.

3 tackles per game (72 per game as a team)
2 one percenters per game ( 56 per game as a team)

Seems to me that he does his fair share.
+ delivers the ball into forward 50.
+ kicks goals.

Hawks went after him in the GF, they even sent Hodge to him. Does that tell you anything?

Do you have anything that supports the view that he doesn't contribute to the team?

3 tackles per game (72 per game as a team)
2 one percenters per game ( 56 per game as a team)

Seems to me that he does his fair share.
+ delivers the ball into forward 50.
+ kicks goals.

Hawks went after him in the GF, they even sent Hodge to him. Does that tell you anything?

Do you have anything that supports the view that he doesn't contribute to the team?

My eyes serve me well enough to know a bludger and a weak one at that when I see one on a football field. Not personal on you but you can stick your stats up your lemonande. Hawthorn could have sent Isacc Smith to him in the GF and he still would have s**t himself. They didn't need Luke Hodge I can assure you of that, so your perception of Hawthorn needing to nullify him with a hitman is flawed. Jetta is a showpony with a big head and a heart that would make a split pea look gargantuan.

My eyes serve me well enough to know a bludger and a weak one at that when I see one on a football field. Not personal on you but you can stick your stats up your lemonande. Hawthorn could have sent Isacc Smith to him in the GF and he still would have s**t himself. They didn't need Luke Hodge I can assure you of that, so your perception of Hawthorn needing to nullify him with a hitman is flawed. Jetta is a showpony with a big head and a heart that would make a split pea look gargantuan.

My perception of what the Hawks did in the GF is NOT flawed, it actually happened. They set out to take him out of the game. They took him out of the game because of what he provides our team.
My point...what he provides is important to our team and underestimated by people like yourself. I don't think it is entirely fair that all of the good stuff that he does is over shadowed by the perception that he is a pea-heart and showpony. I say perception, because the stats don't support that argument. Of course stats aren't the be all, however, if he wasn't getting the ball or tackling, then you would be the first to point to stats that show that.
How many times did Jets have the ball within his goal kicking range or he had open space in front of him but he elected to pass to someone else? It happened a hell of a lot last season. That doesn't say showpony to me.
All of us would love nothing better than 22 Paul Kellys bursting through tackles every week, or 22 Brett Kirks underneath every pack. That is simply not Jets' style, what he provides in the alternative is nothing to be scoffed at. When we have a half dozen midfielders that can't hit the side of a barn with a 20m pass, what Jets gives us is doubly important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My perception of what the Hawks did in the GF is NOT flawed, it actually happened. They set out to take him out of the game. They took him out of the game because of what he provides our team.
My point...what he provides is important to our team and underestimated by people like yourself. I don't think it is entirely fair that all of the good stuff that he does is over shadowed by the perception that he is a pea-heart and showpony. I say perception, because the stats don't support that argument. Of course stats aren't the be all, however, if he wasn't getting the ball or tackling, then you would be the first to point to stats that show that.
How many times did Jets have the ball within his goal kicking range or he had open space in front of him but he elected to pass to someone else? It happened a hell of a lot last season. That doesn't say showpony to me.
All of us would love nothing better than 22 Paul Kellys bursting through tackles every week, or 22 Brett Kirks underneath every pack. That is simply not Jets' style, what he provides in the alternative is nothing to be scoffed at. When we have a half dozen midfielders that can't hit the side of a barn with a 20m pass, what Jets gives us is doubly important.

Fair enough your opinion and I respect that. I can't cop him as a player that's mine.

Jetta's a Premiership player. As an old South supporter that carries a lot of weight. When things go awry the outside players always look the worst. I'll back him, but note that there are half a dozen midfielders knocking on the door.

The problem as I see it is that Jetta seems to be the whipping boy for a Grand Final flogging when obviously there were many others who contributed to the devastation. The starting place should be our Captains. If we'd had Hodgie and they'd had McVeigh.........and your grandfather had been....etc etc ??? The Jetta debate is a sorry sideshow. We were comprehensively let down by others who lacked the wherewithall to do anything about it. Coaching staff included. Don't single out Jetta and let the others off the hppk.

The problem as I see it is that Jetta seems to be the whipping boy for a Grand Final flogging when obviously there were many others who contributed to the devastation. The starting place should be our Captains. If we'd had Hodgie and they'd had McVeigh.........and your grandfather had been....etc etc ??? The Jetta debate is a sorry sideshow. We were comprehensively let down by others who lacked the wherewithall to do anything about it. Coaching staff included. Don't single out Jetta and let the others off the hppk.
Don't make assumptions on where I draw my opinions from. My opinion of Jetta has nothing to do with the GF what so ever especially when it comes to blame. The whole 22 carry the can there. All as insipid as each other. To many people give him a pass mark because of his flair, skill, speed and excitement factor just as they did Nick Davis during his career because of his turn a game in 5 minute factor. Both Lazy bludgers to people that have a clue but out and out champions to those that wear their numbers on their duffle coats like Female teenyboppers. Worst part about it that most are grown men.:rolleyes:

Don't make assumptions on where I draw my opinions from. My opinion of Jetta has nothing to do with the GF what so ever especially when it comes to blame. The whole 22 carry the can there. All as insipid as each other. To many people give him a pass mark because of his flair, skill, speed and excitement factor just as they did Nick Davis during his career because of his turn a game in 5 minute factor. Both Lazy bludgers to people that have a clue but out and out champions to those that wear their numbers on their duffle coats like Female teenyboppers. Worst part about it that most are grown men.:rolleyes:

No Nick Davis, no 2005 Premiership.
G A M E O V E R

Both Lazy bludgers to people that have a clue but out and out champions to those that wear their numbers on their duffle coats like Female teenyboppers. Worst part about it that most are grown men.:rolleyes:

Ladies and gents, I give you the new coach of the Sydney Swans....cinderella man. Apparently he has a clue about footy and knows what's what....not many people do. Please join me in congratulating him on his appointment. We all look forward to the success you are sure to bring the team. :thumbsu:

Ladies and gents, I give you the new coach of the Sydney Swans....cinderella man. Apparently he has a clue about footy and knows what's what....not many people do. Please join me in congratulating him on his appointment. We all look forward to the success you are sure to bring the team. :thumbsu:

Yeah I have a clue and if you fall into the category of "not many people do" If the cap fits wear it. Judging by your immature sarcastic response I think you have categorised yourself quite well.

No Nick Davis, no 2005 Premiership.
G A M E O V E R

None the less a Bludger. The Serve Kirk gave him in the last qtr was the catalyst for winning that semi don't kid yourself. Gave him a spray for have a guess what ? For bludging behind the play and letting his opponent run down the ground unmanned and kick an easy goal akin to a training run. Davis was sitting in the forward pocket eating donuts and reading the form guide. Brilliant football brain, magnificent kick and freakish opportunist but still a Bludger. Trouble with most on this Board is they have rose coloured glasses when it comes to their favourites.

None the less a Bludger. The Serve Kirk gave him in the last qtr was the catalyst for winning that semi don't kid yourself. Gave him a spray for have a guess what ? For bludging behind the play and letting his opponent run down the ground unmanned and kick an easy goal akin to a training run. Davis was sitting in the forward pocket eating donuts and reading the form guide. Brilliant football brain, magnificent kick and freakish opportunist but still a Bludger. Trouble with most on this Board is they have rose coloured glasses when it comes to their favourites.
That's the problem I have with it as well. My thoughts on Jetta has nothing to do with his GF , they were all bad as a team. Hodge is a Captain who leads, McVeigh is not, but I can't bag him on here can I . What Kirk did is something that McVeigh or Jack wouldn't have been able to do, but there is only 1 Brett Kirk. Jetta should never have been allowed to stay on and Bird should have gone to Mitchell.

Me thinks you assume too much. I am no fan of Jetta. And Davis liked to roll the dice....you could call it laziness. I accept that. But there was a flip side...... which you acknowledged. I just feel the debate regarding Jetta loses sight of much bigger issues. The outside receiver will always be "soft". We have no enforcers to protect them. Dunks was the last one we had with a vicious streak. Barry Hall had the power to be an enforcer but lacked the smarts in that role. And Mummy was a big ground level bulldozer.....and we missed him big time in the GF. Blue singlets.......hard at the ball. That's what we need to regain. Horse needs to making a play for Kirkie to return as an assistant coach. He knows all about blue singlets.

That's the problem I have with it as well. My thoughts on Jetta has nothing to do with his GF , they were all bad as a team. Hodge is a Captain who leads, McVeigh is not, but I can't bag him on here can I . What Kirk did is something that McVeigh or Jack wouldn't have been able to do, but there is only 1 Brett Kirk. Jetta should never have been allowed to stay on and Bird should have gone to Mitchell.
Agree.Agree.Agree.Agree. No disagreement here. Conclusions? Why have Captains who can't lead? Why have taggers and not play them on the opposition's best playmakers? Why persist with coaches who can't see what Hawthorn do to us time and time again?
believe that coaches should learn far more from a loss than a win. Our chance to learn big time has arrived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back