List Mgmt. Swans board trade period discussion: Part 2 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally I didn't want Matthew Warnock or Jordan Lisle, but with this afternoon happening it might not be a horrible idea to take one of them on as a short term insurance policy in defence. Warnock moreso than Lisle, given he is a far more experienced defender at AFL level.

We really do need one of them now as we need at least one player in the reserves who has experience at an AFL level as a key position defender. If Ted goes down (which given his age is not unlikely) then we will need someone with AFL experience to take his place. No offence to Aliir or X.Richards as they could be good defenders one day but right now I would not trust them on the oppositions number 1 or number 2 forward. I would feel more comfortable with both of them getting a shot against the 3rd tall in defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets just hope to christ the AFL dont screw us on Mills and Dunkley.
We are in a very interesting phase now, we have the list to challenge for a flag provided we get 0 injuries and the likelihood of that happening is low, we do need another key defender, the best we can hope for is Warnock id say.
If we cant trade players in for 2 years do we need to do a mini rebuild? Bring in Mills, Dunkley then potentially trade out an A grade mid to try and get a pick 1 or 2 so that we can have another jet player that fills a deficiency. In 3 years time we should have a very handy young team having brought in Heeney, Mills, Dunkley, Maybe another high pick if we trade, these guys are in addition to A graders like Parker, Mitchell, AJ, Kennedy, Hanners, Smith, Jack and potentially Jones, Hewitt, Rohan, Cunningham, Lloyd.
The hope will be that Buddy's body can give us another 5 years maybe, Who knows what will happen to Tippett but if we can keep these 2 going together as long as possible it gives us that really potent forward line that can be fed by a quality midfield which I think is only going to get stronger. The real test is picking up a KPD in PSD or a long shot is having at XR or Aliir Aliir blossom.

Anyway just a few thoughts id blurt out there.

If we can't get a trade/draft in a competent KD then what are our options?

Is Laidler an option? Surely there are smaller KD than him still going around? He's bigger than Leo Barry or Craig Bolton were

We are going to have some spuds on our list in the next couple of seasons.

Yeah well most thought Jake Lloyd wouldn't make it...we won't have many spuds. I agree we need some insurance down back though. Luckily there are a buckletload of ready made KP defenders in the draft.

Not 100% but im pretty sure he nominated for last years draft.

Still young enough like Lisle but not sold on Lisle

Too much of an in-betweener, seen a bit of him. Too small to be key position, too slow to be a flanker/running tall. Pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back