Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I'm guessing that the players weren't administered TB4, OR that the level of proof required won't be achieved.

Yeah, but you're a cretin.

It is painfully obvious the players WERE administered TB4. Dank thought he could squeak it through S0 like AOD. I don't think the players set out to Cheat per se, but there were so many red flags that they should have asked more questions.

They'll be punished for a combination of stupidity and gutlessness.

It is painfully obvious the players WERE administered TB4. Dank thought he could squeak it through S0 like AOD. I don't think the players set out to Cheat per se, but there were so many red flags that they should have asked more questions.

They'll be punished for a combination of stupidity and gutlessness.
But jab, l mean jobe* was so brave.

But jab, l mean jobe* was so brave.

Jobe is an interesting one. Been suggested to me by a few people that he's got very mixed feelings about the whole thing but most of all feels he let his fellow players down by not challenging the programme more.

Jobe is an interesting one. Been suggested to me by a few people that he's got very mixed feelings about the whole thing but most of all feels he let his fellow players down by not challenging the programme more.
He should remind himself that there people he trusted that let him down by lying to his face. And a certain doctor by oath who didn't carry out his duties.

He should remind himself that there people he trusted that let him down by lying to his face. And a certain doctor by oath who didn't carry out his duties.

Reid took the hypocritic oath, rather than the hippocratic version.

I feel his dad* has been more involved in this than we thought.

The following quote from * ASADA thread posted for it's reassuring nature that we are on the right track :

"i wandered into bf this morning half asleep and saw a thread named #sympathy for the bombers on the front page.... oh cool i thought as a wiped my eyes, i wandered in there..like a lamb to the slaughter evidently...it was like one of those horror films when the person walks into the darkened room, the lightning flashes and revelals dead bodies hanging every where. i was part repulsed part furious as it turned out to be a North thread unloading on us.. by the time id mashed at the exit button several times to escape i must confess that a few of the posts seeped in... wow "
242394032_f779e2cd87.jpg

Are we "suing" anyone yet? If not why not?

:drunk:

Well, gee. How about....

(a) You're guilty
(b) Your club is a bunch of dickless losers

Happy to run with either.

P.S. Apologies, Mods, for quoting him in, but...

(a) I'm half cut
(b) Sometimes abject stupidity deserves a shout-out

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"And the lying, underhanded manipulation of the facts used to create that environment was exposed for all to see in the August court case, and the commentators and reporters, and so the general public, didn't even bat an eyelid."

"It's confirmation bias - people were already convinced we were guilty as sin (thanks to the very effective campaign to paint that picture), so any new information that came out that doesn't support that belief gets ignored."

image.jpg

Rines mini breakdown:

"I, for one, am very sick of the references to our case and Lance Armstrong. The latest is Coates (lolz right there) who suggests that it took USADA 2 years to get him because no positive test etc etc.

Well, for one, it has almost taken two years for ASADA and they are still not even past step one in the process.
Second: Our players co-operated fully and promptly with the process, Armstrong and his 'camp' did not
Third: USADA had to investigate a period that spanned close to 10 years, the EFC case involves a 6 month program at most
Fourth: USADA had to investigate possible violations in over 26 different countries and events, EFC competes in one country and one competition
Fifth: USADA had to gain co-operation by members of a sport that, unfortunately, is still known for its open 'doping'.. there were conspiracies and coverups that involved entire teams, groups of teams and entire events. EFC had no background or history in this regard.

Sixth: Catching Lance Armstrong was prompted by the fact that rumours had been swirling for YEARS about his possible doping, because it was almost an 'open secret' amongst any of his team about what was happening. There was almost a feeling of 'when' rather than 'if'. This was the single biggest case USADA had ever attempted and they made sure they got it right. In the end there were multiple confessions, documented evidence and a very strong paper trial that supported the allegations. This case, the EFC case, is so far away from that scenario it isn't funny. We are talking about a group of players who may, at the most, have been given a single dosage of a substances without their consent that was on the banned list. There is no intention to cheat, it was not prolonged, it did not span years, decades and involve close to 100 different people.

The scary thing.. it still only took USADA to start, and finish, their investigation into Armstrong.. meanwhile ASADA are at 20 months and counting and still no closer to resolution.

It is a disgrace and a joke.. and not for Hird or EFC.. this lands squarely at the feet of ASADA.

*I am wondering whether McDumbnuts is posturing so bad in the media right now because he knows that even if the players don't defend.. ASADA still might not have enough to get the rubber stamp by ADRVP such is the weakness of their case? It appears no one wants to touch it with a barge pool at the moment.. the AFLPA lawyers are ripping in hard and have (at least on the surface) no fears whatsoever.. one can only hope they are not bluffing however you would think they aren't.. with such lenient bans on the table and ready to go.. and yet not one players looks like jumping.."

Rines mini breakdown:

"We are talking about a group of players who may, at the most, have been given a single dosage of a substances without their consent that was on the banned list."

And they didn't inhale. o_O

Unbelievable. She says it didn't happen, it never happened, never never never, not in a million years did it happen... and even if all that evidence shows it did happen, then it was only once. Honest.

*Rines is kinda right. The true comparison to Armstrong is that half forward flanker who became the best midfielder in the game over the course of 1 preseason because his teammates said he should do more. :rolleyes:

Other than that though, she's a perfect case study for a bunch of psych students out there, but she ain't alone.

You'd want a pen full of ink to write down the names of posters who can't see the forest for the trees.

*Rines is kinda right. The true comparison to Armstrong is that half forward flanker who became the best midfielder in the game over the course of 1 preseason because his teammates said he should do more. :rolleyes:
o_O Do tell. :fire:

I would love nothing more than to go through *their ASADA thread, but I'd need an iron clad guarantee that the SOG wasn't after me for doing so.

"Have you ever woken up with a SOGgie pointing a shotgun at your head?"

One of the more epic posts from a long lost North board stalwart.

Their ongoing effort to come up with new embarassingly s**t versions of "McDevitt" is the saddest thing I have seen in a long time.

The bloke is up them to his elbow and they think calling names on the internet will do something.

It is genuinely pathetic.

Dean Robinson was signed as Strength and Conditioning coach in 2007.

After week 5 of that season Geelong went on an unprecedented run, losing only one game before winning the Grand Final by 119 points.

After this Grand Final win Dean Robinson singled out Stephen Dank as worthy of praise for his role in the Geelong win, through the information they shared with one another about strategies for improving player performance.

Geelong, with Robinson still as Strength and Conditioning coach went on a run that could have given 4 flags in 5 years if not for the upset on Grand Final day by Hawthorn in 2008.

http://www.footyalmanac.com.au/is-it-fair-and-reasonable-to-question-geelong/

Fwiw, I think Geelong managed to stay within the rules, but I am very sceptical that Little Gaz is clean, and I'm surprised more people don't ask just how a guy can go from being a good player in a decent team to the best player in the league for the next 8 years straight. Lance Armstrong-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back