Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its over personally, but you never know. If they do challenge and they can show players were doped then they will deserve bans. Im satisfied with whatever result occurs

A breathe of fresh air from some one with 0 ignorance. Thankyou.

This will be fun.

Give them a bit of hope after they have suffered unbelievably so. We couldn't have crushed them any further today as they had nothing left to be crushed.

Now that they have hope and joy anew, the appeal will come and smash this newly born optimism to pieces. Brutal but fair - I like it.

Hey B Tron have I been around here before?
But the confidence and smugness is quite concerning.

What's the bet each essendon poster has made 100+ posts today? Actually. No need to bet.

* posters are welcome to post here as long as they don't act like shits. So far they have been alright.

*essendon posters will no doubt come over here and have a gloat and we can't really blame *them for that. We have given *them s*** over the last couple of years and I for one have enjoyed every minute of it. But its a bit like sex. It has to end eventually but hey the memories last forever and for me the memories of the last couple of years are magical ones, as far as the enjoyment I have gleaned out of the plight of the *essendon fc. These are memories which I will treasure for the rest of my life. As far as the *essendon posters are concerned they can post what they like (obviously within reason as judged by our mods) but it won't alter anything as far as I am concerned.

It is in my view a pyrrhic victory at best for the *essendon fc and their *donialist *supporters, for what we do know out of all of this, is that the *essendon fc has
  • allowed its players to be injected with substances some of which are unknown and that may or may not have long term detrimental health effects on those players. (This arguably is the most horrendous aspect of this very sordid chapter in the history of the *essendon fc.)
  • been fined a significant amount of money by the AFL for the poorly controlled practices and programs in place at the *club in and around 2012.
  • incurred significant extra costs in the form of legal fees.
  • been disqualified from a finals series because of these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • lost one of its better players in Paddy Ryder as a consequence of these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • to deal with the impact of its previously rookie listed player Hal Hunter and his recently commenced legal action.
  • suffered a significant turnover in staff associated with these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • the dubious distinction of being the sporting club which has sullied the name of Australia in world sporting circles.
And they may also have to face up to appeals from both ASADA and WADA.

Who knows how WADA will react to this and what action they may take, which might impact on some of our Olympic affiliated sporting competitions. It would be very interesting to know how the various bodies controlling these sports have reacted to this news.

*essendon posters will no doubt come over here and have a gloat and we can't really blame *them for that. We have given *them s*** over the last couple of years and I for one have enjoyed every minute of it. But its a bit like sex. It has to end eventually but hey the memories last forever and for me the memories of the last couple of years are magical ones, as far as the enjoyment I have gleaned out of the plight of the *essendon fc. These are memories which I will treasure for the rest of my life. As far as the *essendon posters are concerned they can post what they like (obviously within reason as judged by our mods) but it won't alter anything as far as I am concerned.

It is in my view a pyrrhic victory at best for the *essendon fc and their *donialist *supporters, for what we do know out of all of this, is that the *essendon fc has
  • allowed its players to be injected with substances some of which are unknown and that may or may not have long term detrimental health effects on those players. (This arguably is the most horrendous aspect of this very sordid chapter in the history of the *essendon fc.)
  • been fined a significant amount of money by the AFL for the poorly controlled practices and programs in place at the *club in and around 2012.
  • been disqualified from a finals series because of these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • lost one of its better players in Paddy Ryder as a consequence of these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • to deal with the impact of its previously rookie listed player Hal Hunter and his recently commenced legal action.
  • suffered a significant turnover in staff associated with these poorly controlled practices and programs.
  • the dubious distinction of being the sporting club which has sullied the name of Australia in world sporting circles.

Who knows how WADA will react to this and what action they may take, which might impact on some of our Olympic affiliated sporting competitions. It would be very interesting to know how the various bodies controlling these sports have reacted to this news.
A very wise and considered position Horace.

No - I just predict your finishing position.

11th in 2015 is not much to get excited about.
I love that you never change.

Yes yes Tronny I know I'm going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that you never change.

Yes yes Tronny I know I'm going.
Change what? 1 spot of 3 perfect predictions. You won't find anyone on your board better than that.

11th - I only have you 1 spot lower than your price for the flag. See you at years end with your excuse.

2014 - Asada ban hanging over us.

2013 - stopped playing as we knew we were getting kicked out of finals.

2012 - injuries

You always have one - the fact is *essendon are average. Doping did not help.

There was a whisper that the ACC does have sufficient evidence, but for some reason that was inadmissible. Perhaps this might be the basis of an appeal by ASADA, otherwise it would seem that they've got no basis, so no appeal and we all move on.

There was another whisper that up to six players had pleaded guilty ... I suppose that was wrong.

Seconded, good posting old mate.

truman-show-jim-carrey-jims-body-english.png

So................on with the footy?

In this saga who knows though. The Dank ruling will be very interesting, if he is found guilty I think(hope) the whole thing will be over
Except that if he is guilty, then * took banned drugs and got away with it because they destroyed the records. Would be a debacle. But one which the AFL will happily run with.

Not that fussed about the players. But the smugness of some supporters, some media and some at the club will be hard to live with.

Except that if he is guilty, then * took banned drugs and got away with it because they destroyed the records. Would be a debacle. But one which the AFL will happily run with.

Not that fussed about the players. But the smugness of some supporters, some media and some at the club will be hard to live with.
Exactly my position.

It's hard to accept player bans on insufficient evidence, but if Dank goes then it is clear that there is evidence that the drugs were there and used, just no clarity on who. That in itself is a disgrace and no * supporter should be happy with such an outcome. Sure, it will be glossed over by the supporters, the club, the AFL and the media, but it will never go away.

We've put up with that for a hundred years, we will survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back