Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good to see all the disappointment here after a long and arduous campaign by us. Hopefully mods are tallying votes and a 1.2.3. BOG award is coming someone's way.

Think we need to look forward to * having a very long run of sustained failure.
15 years since their last flag, no possibility of one in the near future.
Ageing players; Fletcher, Chapman, Cooney, Gwilt ( ffs ) Squibs ( read Heppell, Stanton ) and duds like Kavanagh clogging tbeir list.
Sponsors not renewing etc. etc.

They will...........tear themselves apart and St. James wont last forever. Ask Matthews, Malthouse, even Pagan. And those guys could coach ! Anyone think *Hird can coach ? ? ?

Just have to bide our time and watch it slowly unravel. End will come eventually and we can lord it over them after our next flag.

Well played all !

Good to see all the disappointment here after a long and arduous campaign by us. Hopefully mods are tallying votes and a 1.2.3. BOG award is coming someone's way.

Think we need to look forward to * having a very long run of sustained failure.
15 years since their last flag, no possibility of one in the near future.
Ageing players; Fletcher, Chapman, Cooney, Gwilt ( ffs ) Squibs ( read Heppell, Stanton ) and duds like Kavanagh clogging tbeir list.
Sponsors not renewing etc. etc.

They will...........tear themselves apart and St. James wont last forever. Ask Matthews, Malthouse, even Pagan. And those guys could coach ! Anyone think *Hird can coach ? ? ?

Just have to bide our time and watch it slowly unravel. End will come eventually and we can lord it over them after our next flag.

Well played all !

Yeah, they've gotten past the drug stuff (unless WADA does the expected), now they face onfield drama. Cooney could be a good grab by them, but I don't think he's enough to guarantee them a spot in the 8 let alone top 4. Ryder is a MASSIVE loss, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Chappy can't have many strings left in his hammys and their forward line is still a massive work in progress. On top of that they've lost Bomber, which I think will hurt a lot, and I'm not convinced Hird is a good enough coach.

Will be interesting. IMO they'll be around the 8, maybe get in maybe not. Can't see them doing much damage come finals though.

f23ea8c198b05cf43d523d8c2adc6956.jpg

F***, what a ******* tool. I can't stand him. There's so much wrong with that, but here's the one that really ground my gears:

"There’s no more emphatic two words in the English language than not guilty."

Here's one that is twice as emphatic: innocent. And they weren't found that, you slobbering fool.

Not guilty is almost insipid, really. Great to hear, for sure, but rarely emphatic. It doesn't say you're innocent, it says the case against you wasn't proven.

F***, what a ******* tool. I can't stand him. There's so much wrong with that, but here's the one that really ground my gears:

"There’s no more emphatic two words in the English language than not guilty."

Here's one that is twice as emphatic: innocent. And they weren't found that, you slobbering fool.

Not guilty is almost insipid, really. Great to hear, for sure, but rarely emphatic. It doesn't say you're innocent, it says the case against you wasn't proven.

"Not comfortable satisfaction" were the actual words used today. Along with, apparently, thousands more words that could be very interesting reading if we are allowed to see them (although some are getting leaked already, so it shouldn't be too long). Robbo as pathetic as anyone could have predicted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo = bumbling, foolish fanboi?

Well, i never...

The Age has certainly come out firing tonight!

This article caught my attention: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...nt-pause-not-a-full-stop-20150331-1mc0w5.html

Especially this bit:

Previously choosing to appeal would not have been an easy matter but there was a recent change to the AFL Anti-Doping Code as a necessary consequence of legislative changes to the ASADA Act.

The AFL, as it was required to do as a signatory to WADA, adopted the changes to the AFL anti-doping code this month and back dated those changes to January 1.

Buried among the minutiae of those changes was a tweak to the bases on which appeals are made.

Prior to the change any appeal of conviction - not sentence - could only be made on the ground that no reasonable person could have reasonably come to the conclusion the panel did. That was a notoriously prohibitive standard to achieve.

Now the matter has been simplified. Now the appeal can be made because a party wants the matter heard by a different panel. It is known in law as an appeal de novo and means that the appeal is conducted as a completely new hearing of the evidence.

It also means that the first hearing does not "limit the evidence or carry weight in the hearing before the appeal board".

Ah, de novo...the complete do-over. Like the Tribunal never found them guilty in the first place. Like the Tribunal hearing never happened at all.

I must say I was pretty doubtful that ASADA or WADA would appeal, if it meant trying to poke holes in the Tribunal's decision. But if an appeal is de novo - well, that's a different matter entirely. I guess we get to find out whether the players got a full pardon or merely a stay of execution soon enough.

Will Wada appeal i hope they do as i have a bad taste in my mouth.I think there has been a cover up by the AFL.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-was-deplorable-20150331-1mc8hi.html?stb=twt

Basically the tribunal states that Dank only ever purchased Thymosin Beta 4 and that even though the consent forms stated Thymosin that the were not satisfied that it meant TB4. Logic fail anyone?

It then reads as to absolve all parties at *, other than Dank, of any significant responsibility or involvement.

I hate to be a conspiracy nut, but What the Absolute *?

Oia-Santorini-Greece.jpg

I look forward to more detail as to how the tribunal came to its decision because if what is contained in that article is correct and an accurate snapshot of its rationale then I'm not sure I can follow this sport anymore.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...g-was-deplorable-20150331-1mc8hi.html?stb=twt

Basically the tribunal states that Dank only ever purchased Thymosin Beta 4 and that even though the consent forms stated Thymosin that the were not satisfied that it meant TB4. Logic fail anyone?

It then reads as to absolve all parties at *, other than Dank, of any significant responsibility or involvement.

I hate to be a conspiracy nut, but What the Absolute ****?

Oia-Santorini-Greece.jpg

I look forward to more detail as to how the tribunal came to its decision because if what is contained in that article is correct and an accurate snapshot of its rationale then I'm not sure I can follow this sport anymore.

If I read it right.... They didn't know what was in the injections. Fullstop.

The charge was for using TB4. They couldn't prove that it was TB4, or any other substance. So I can understand the ruling I suppose. Amazed there isn't a charge for 'was given an unidentifiable substance'.

I'm pretty angry actually. Not sure what to think.

Think what sums up the difference between the two clubs is that when one of the greatest players of the club/comp even, screwed up royally, we actually told the one who f***ed up to hit the bricks, regardless of what they did for the club as a player.

It is truly mind boggling that the health of a group of indivuals is secondary to the career and reputation of one person, in the eyes of supporters and sadly a couple of 'journalists'.

That is some cult level s**t right there. No verdict or punishment will ever change that.

It is that mind boggling ignorance that makes them the scorn of the competition, with a level of distain that Collingwood and Carlton could only ever dream of.

Now and forever a sh*tstain of a club.

If I read it right.... They didn't know what was in the injections. Fullstop.

The charge was for using TB4. They couldn't prove that it was TB4, or any other substance. So I can understand the ruling I suppose. Amazed there isn't a charge for 'was given an unidentifiable substance'.

I'm pretty angry actually. Not sure what to think.
Basically it means that the tribunal will never prosecute a non-presence violation. As such if an AFL club wishes to dope, don't test positive and don't keep records and all will be sweet.

Cop out.

Furthermore they needed to be comfortably satisfied that TB4 was used. As there are two forms of Thymosin and they stated that the other form was not used what is the form that was used? It seems to me that they have gone a fair way from comfortably satisfied.

I'm ok with the decision if the tribunal can explain it but not if they expect me to buy that bullshit.

Basically it means that the tribunal will never prosecute a non-presence violation. As such if an AFL club wishes to dope, don't test positive and don't keep records and all will be sweet.

Cop out.
This is the first time I've felt emotional over all of this. That article makes them sound guilty. Completely ******* guilty. What single piece of evidence would have changed their minds?! What else could there have been, which there wasn't a way to cheat around? *. What the *?

This is the first time I've felt emotional over all of this. That article makes them sound guilty. Completely ******* guilty. What single piece of evidence would have changed their minds?! What else could there have been, which there wasn't a way to cheat around? ****. What the ****?
Makes no sense. I hope that we see a clearer explanation because this one so far is laughable and reeks of mebournedidnttankism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back