Opinion The 8 - still tough to reach

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt the crows will make it without winning the last 2 games as either:

Weagles get through on %.
tigers keep winning upsetting swans.
Pies win 2 games - can't see it myself.

If we really want to make the finals we need t beat north & saints - otherwise another team will be more deserving.

That's nice dear

You'll lose to the swans, Sydney will be the best side you've come up in recent times. Winning 7 in a row is no mean feat, but Sydney are a class above

Still think we'll scrape 8th and play Port in the first week of finals. A dream for the AFL with AO and all

Richmond to finish 9th..... again
Recently history suggests RFC play pretty well against the swans just like I said this group plays pretty well against Adelaide :drunk:

Unfortunately it's probably us headed for 9th spot unless we knock off the Roos next week. Richmond will finish 10th is all results go as expected. Amazingly, despite throwing the game away yesterday, West Coast look set to jump into 8th on 11 wins with superior percentage. Essendon are locked in.

The only way West Coast don't finish 8th is if one of the following takes place:

1) We knock off North in Tassie

2) Richmond knock off Sydney in Sydney

3) West Coast lose to the Suns at Metricon

Can't see any of those happening personally. Amazingly, if West Coast did lose to Gold Coast (not out of the question), AND Sydney defeated Richmond (likely but not certain), we would still make the 8 even with a loss to North (assuming Essendon beat Gold Coast and also assuming we beat the Saints).

Ridiculous but true.

Unfortunately it's probably us headed for 9th spot unless we knock off the Roos next week. Richmond will finish 10th is all results go as expected. Amazingly, despite throwing the game away yesterday, West Coast look set to jump into 8th on 11 wins with superior percentage. Essendon are locked in.

The only way West Coast don't finish 8th is if one of the following takes place:

1) We knock off North in Tassie

2) Richmond knock off Sydney in Sydney

3) West Coast lose to the Suns at Metricon

Can't see any of those happening personally. Amazingly, if West Coast did lose to Gold Coast (not out of the question), AND Sydney defeated Richmond (likely but not certain), we would still make the 8 even with a loss to North (assuming Essendon beat Gold Coast and also assuming we beat the Saints).

Ridiculous but true.

One thing working in our favour - we play St Kilda in round 23 on the Sunday.

If we lose a close one to North on Saturday, will know how much we have to beat them by to get over the top of West Coasts percentage.

losing this week, is not game over for finals.

I gave us a 12 point loss to North and a 60 point win over Saints as a test..
West Coast a 60 point win over Melbourne and West Coast just a 12 point win over Gold coast..

This gave me West Coast in 8th spot and Adelaide in 9th, same number of wins but West Coast 2 percent ahead..
similar to what I did with same conclusion.

One thing working in our favour - we play St Kilda in round 23 on the Sunday.

If we lose a close one to North on Saturday, will know how much we have to beat them by to get over the top of West Coasts percentage.

losing this week, is not game over for finals.

Unfortunately, allowing for West Coast's probable winning margins against Melbourne (60 pts minimum) and Gold Coast (30), the required winning margin against St Kilda (assuming we lose to North by 2 goals) would be well over 100 pts (130ish).

I don't see it happening.

And to think, after round 14, the experts proclaimed the 8 was set. How they get paid to make comments is beyond belief

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, most of us have been trying to do ladder predictions each week since then and they change dramatically. I've given up.
which, if anything, suggests nothing is certain about the top 8. Yet the experts proclaimed it was set every week between rounds 14-17

Kerridge%20home.jpg

If he plays, we make the eight.

great comeback mate... that wasn't you arguing with dusty martin after the siren was it?
This is the reason I hate Richmond so much. Absolutely classless when winning

He may not kick 4 for a third time, but one thing is for certain - if he's there it's going to mess with Scott's head as he will be focused on not getting caught out by Kerridge again.

Of course, double whammy really. Either way, having Kerridge in is a good thing for us right now (well it normally is... kid should be a gun)

They've got nothing to brag about...they are permanent underachievers who last won a flag....soooo long ago I can't even recall....they're not even in the right and yet they're gobbling off...even Port supporters aren't that delusional

I've been following AFL for 23 years and I've never noticed that- ...oh.

great comeback mate... that wasn't you arguing with dusty martin after the siren was it?

Mate your pretty cocky for a guy who's club had one of the softest 2014 fixtures and still couldn't make the finals, but no surprise really considering that your club has only played finals once in 20 years, let's not forget your last seasons finals ChOKE

Come back when your club has some real credibility

Remove this Banner Ad

Back