Opinion The 8 - still tough to reach

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this week is winnable

Pretty much a neutral ground
Wells and Boomer could be big outs
Don't be surprised if Norf take a zero risk policy with L Thomas and Ziebell who look like they are carrying a few niggles

Are you mathematically challenged?

The facts are, compared to the other 17 clubs, we are neither old nor young we are average. In average games played we are also average.

This isn't a criticism, we are in year 5 of our rebuild, statistically speaking, so I would hope that we were not competing with GWS for the youngest and least experienced team. Last week the GWS average age was 21 years 11 months compared to our 25 years 5 months and average games played were 37.9 for GWS compared to 81.6 for Adelaide.

Last week there were 396 players that took the field in the AFL. The average age across this group was 25 years 2 months (our team had an average age of 25 years 5 months. There were only 6 teams older than the Crows.

Last week the average games played across the AFL was 81.9 games. We had an average games per player of 81.6 games. There were 10 teams that had a higher average games played.

Yep, but, but, but, we are really young and inexperienced.

Can't handle the truth?

You are taking the average games experience from Footywire which seems to report "average games played at that club" not career games experience. Your numbers are all wrong.

You have taken a game which was one of our most experienced to try to prove your point, and comparing it against a side which is the least experienced and even clubs which are re-building don't even get close to........ but let me give you some real figures.

For round 16 we had an average games experience of 92.4, the AFL average for the round was 92.5.
However, for the season: the AFL average is 92 and ours is 82.6. We are only in front of Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast and GWS for experience over the season.

I think this week is winnable

Pretty much a neutral ground
Wells and Boomer could be big outs
Don't be surprised if Norf take a zero risk policy with L Thomas and Ziebell who look like they are carrying a few niggles
Agree - feel more confident about this game that last week's.

Forget about ladder position, Richmond are currently a top 4 side, and clubs inside the 8 will be hoping like hell they don't make it.

North reflect their ladder position more closely and are a genuine 6-8 type side.

Mate your pretty cocky for a guy who's club had one of the softest 2014 fixtures and still couldn't make the finals, but no surprise really considering that your club has only played finals once in 20 years, let's not forget your last seasons finals ChOKE

Come back when your club has some real credibility

Just a tip, 'you're' or even 'you are' in place of 'your' works much better.

Go kangas:)

Just a tip, coming onto an opposition's board and acting like a dick after winning just shows you to be a classless moron.
just giving a little back after you blokes were so confident of wiping the floor with us. Cmon toughen up a little, if you can dish it out learn to take it and stop being a princess.

just giving a little back after you blokes were so confident of wiping the floor with us. Cmon toughen up a little, if you can dish it out learn to take it and stop being a princess.

There is a place for all of that, the AFC team board is not that place. Move along.

If AFC supporters came over to your board and were giving you s**t pre-game they are idiots and feel free to give it back to them...there. Quote their posts and go nuts.
If the crimes that have got you so worked up are simply our fans being optimistic of our chances, on our own board, get a life and kindly * off.

Good comeback.... If your nick picking on my grammar well you obviously found it difficult to argue with the rest of my post".......

Like I said when your club actually wins something, or at least makes it to consecutive finals then come back until then go away and CHOKE just like last Sept

Just a tip, coming onto an opposition's board and acting like a dick after winning just shows you to be a classless moron.

And the Richmond flogs are still here...never met a group of supporters so proud of a win over a team in eighth position on the ladder..can't wait til Sydney flog them and then they finish 9th

Oh really ? I don't know any of us who were so confident of a win...I certain wasn't. I'd guess your age is about 13 years old. News flash...YOur team ISNT even in the eight and yet several days after a very close game that you won you're still on our board. That says a lot about u. When you get beaten by Sydney I'm going to come onto your board and haunt it for weeks...what do you bet your supporters won't like that? Go away 'princess' and get a life. Your team is the biggest underachieving mob in the history of the game. Go brag about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Note to mods...wtf? Why is this person still allowed on our board when his only function is to stir s**t?

And the Richmond flogs are still here...never met a group of supporters so proud of a win over a team in eighth position on the ladder..can't wait til Sydney flog them and then they finish 9th
They do seem to be one of the worst at winning.

That game a couple of years ago where they jumped us in the first quarter I had a Richmond supporter in front of me. Through that quarter he was up and about, not just cheering, but actively taunting the crowd. We copped a couple of rough decisions and the crowd weren't happy, he stood up, turned around laughing and waving his arms saying 'Squeal piggies'.

...he disappeared halfway through the last quarter.

Oh really ? I don't know any of us who were so confident of a win...I certain wasn't. I'd guess your age is about 13 years old. News flash...YOur team ISNT even in the eight and yet several days after a very close game that you won you're still on our board. That says a lot about u. When you get beaten by Sydney I'm going to come onto your board and haunt it for weeks...what do you bet your supporters won't like that? Go away 'princess' and get a life. Your team is the biggest underachieving mob in the history of the game. Go brag about that
actually i haven't posted here since yesterday morning however can see that i'm missed so you've drawn me back. can't understand why you don't like a bit of argy bargy between supporters... is it because you are so used to the whole stadium going for the one team(port games aside) that you just can't handle anyone having a difference of opinion?

its ok. richmond are the least liked club in the afl. outside their own supporters, i can't ever recall finding one person who actually has a soft spot for them

personally, i think they should be killed off. nothing good has ever come out of richmond anyway, other than lulz

its ok. richmond are the least liked club in the afl. outside their own supporters, i can't ever recall finding one person who actually has a soft spot for them

personally, i think they should be killed off. nothing good has ever come out of richmond anyway, other than lulz
Actually if truth be told I would rather no-on has a soft spot for us, does that make you feel better about your team? Other teams supporters having a soft spot for you? Did your port friends tell you after the game on saturday not to worry and keep your chin up as they had a soft spot for you?

Actually if truth be told I would rather no-on has a soft spot for us, does that make you feel better about your team? Other teams supporters having a soft spot for you? Did your port friends tell you after the game on saturday not to worry and keep your chin up as they had a soft spot for you?
ninthmond.. lulz

Here's the thing.

There is this massive surge of excitement from you guys because , if everything goes right, you may finish 8th.

You all seem to have forgotten 2 things;

1. You were a finalist last year; and
2. You were 3-10 at one point this year.

Richmond should have progressed to being a top 4 side this year, they are certainly worthy of a top 4 ranking right now.

If that was my team, I would be deadset f...g furious and embarrassed about what was served up this year and how little the side has progressed across the season given 8th and possibly a finals win is the absolute most I could expect now.

That your supporter base on here is strutting from thread to thread boasting that the potential for finishing 8th is some kind of stellar achievement tells me all I need to know about the Richmond psyche.

Here's the thing.

There is this massive surge of excitement from you guys because , if everything goes right, you may finish 8th.

You all seem to have forgotten 2 things;

1. You were a finalist last year; and
2. You were 3-10 at one point this year.

Richmond should have progressed to being a top 4 side this year, they are certainly worthy of a top 4 ranking right now.

If that was my team, I would be deadset f...g furious and embarrassed about what was served up this year and how little the side has progressed across the season given 8th and possibly a finals win is the absolute most I could expect now.

That your supporter base on here is strutting from thread to thread boasting that the potential for finishing 8th is some kind of stellar achievement tells me all I need to know about the Richmond psyche.
Ok a couple of things, am i disappointed about our first half of the year? You bet I am as are most of our supporters, however would you rather continue the year the way we started it or try to turn it around and string together the most amount of wins in a row since 1980? Should I continue to at the end of each win drop my lip, stamp my feet and yell we shouldn't be in this position or be thankful that at least we have been able to turn it around even though it may be to late?

At the end of the season when we review the season as a whole no-one from inside or outside the club will be happy and no cracks will be covered up to make sure we start 2015 the way we are ending 2014. However the time for that review is not now and I am enjoying each and every win even if we may not achieve our goal at the start of the year.

As for us strutting around, geez if opposition supporters having a bit of fun at your expense after a win gets you upset I suggest you not turn on the nightly news for fear of being in tears by the time the sports report comes on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back