2nds The Adelaide Crows Reserves - sponsored by Bendigo Bank

Remove this Banner Ad

LT and Harto smashing he league leading goal kicker, Siggo impressing me too.

Anyone know why Daniel wears a lid ? Might be a touch small but id definetly be having a look at him.

If we get grigg into the side he actually counts as bringing in "pace" even though his foot speed isn't elite.

Grigg has an insane side step and has a serious left foot weapon. Needs to be in the 1sts.

Elite disposal helps to make up for speed as well. Hawks aren't a quick team but they move it quickly with confident, quality and quick disposal.

The kick to handball ratio puts the AFL side to shame...

SANFL and the AFL are very different games.

In the AFL, the players don't allow time and space coming out of the defensive 50 or stoppages and when the pressure is getting applied, like last night by quality teams - the need to handball increases or we just chuck it on the book and it comes back in just as quick.

These are the same players playing the same game plan. It works well under less pressure as Alex mentioned. Several guys impressed me today, in fact only Mckernan was a bit of a let down. Guys like Atkins, Knight and Spina weren't outstanding but still played their part.

Props to Paynter and M Thommo too, they were great. Think the coaches have encouraged our ruckmen to push forward too, Gus actually does it well and Sauce is starting it as well. Liked what I saw from Ossie too, can pick the ball up off his toes very well.

Grigg looked like he was back to the form we saw late last year - Play him
Matty Crouch had a tight tag and still picked up 25 possessions - Play him
Jarryd Lyons spent a lot of time at half forward but looked in great nick - Play him
Luke Thompson and Kyle Hartigan are not retiring at the end of this year - Play one of them instead of you know who.

Radar looks slow in the SANFL let alone the AFL - Don't play him

Of the KIDS, Rory Atkins is looking better every week, Riley Knight is coming along nicely and Spina, Kelly, Osborn (not really a KID) and Siggins are developing nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg looked like he was back to the form we saw late last year - Play him
Matty Crouch had a tight tag and still picked up 25 possessions - Play him
Jarryd Lyons spent a lot of time at half forward but looked in great nick - Play him
Luke Thompson and Kyle Hartigan are not retiring at the end of this year - Play one of them instead of you know who.

Radar looks slow in the SANFL let alone the AFL - Don't play him

Of the KIDS, Rory Atkins is looking better every week, Riley Knight is coming along nicely and Spina, Kelly, Osborn (not really a KID) and Siggins are developing nicely.

Should we look at giving Atkins a taste this year?

Spina, Kelly, Siggins and Osborn no chance for a game in 2014? Maybe 2015?

Should we look at giving Atkins a taste this year?

Spina, Kelly, Siggins and Osborn no chance for a game in 2014? Maybe 2015?
No bigger fan of the Rat than me, however looks to me like be still has a bit of work to do. Can just tend to fall out of the game a bit. Not sure if its still fitness or if its a concentration thing. He has shown a few times he can dominate a game so he just needs to fund a way of making that the exception not the rule.

Very talented and should make it, but I think it might be 2015 now. I've a feeling he might being groomed for the half back distribution role.

Watched probably a half.

It's a shame grigg didn't come on at afl level this year like we thought he would. Smart footballer with an awesome left foot.

Crouch has decent disposal. Once he builds a tank for afl and puts on some more size, he will rack up serious numbers.

Knight was pretty disappointing with his kicking. Missed a few very easy targets. Looks lively, but I am so sick of crows players who can't kick well.

What did everyone think of CEY's game?

I thought he looked quite decent and important in our SANFL side.

He will never get a gig in the midfield in the seniors and i'm surprised we aren't trying him in other positions.

But gee, hope Grigg, Lyons and Crouch get some decent time in the seniors.

No bigger fan of the Rat than me, however looks to me like be still has a bit of work to do. Can just tend to fall out of the game a bit. Not sure if its still fitness or if its a concentration thing. He has shown a few times he can dominate a game so he just needs to fund a way of making that the exception not the rule.

Very talented and should make it, but I think it might be 2015 now. I've a feeling he might being groomed for the half back distribution role.
I'd suggest Atkins has benefited more than any other from us having an SANFL side, given he spent all last year in Sturt's reserves.

What did everyone think of CEY's game?

I thought he looked quite decent and important in our SANFL side.

He will never get a gig in the midfield in the seniors and i'm surprised we aren't trying him in other positions.

But gee, hope Grigg, Lyons and Crouch get some decent time in the seniors.
I'd have CEY in instead of Martin at this stage of the season.

Martins disposal isn't great but its faaaaaar better than CEYs. That said he does have the ability to do the odd freakish thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back