Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
Up interesting stat came up pregame
Hawthorn had only won 5 of 16 games at the mcg vs Geelong, in the clubs history
Given that 3 of those are finals (89,08,13), it's a pretty big concern, and I'd hazard a guess that it's probably one of he worst records for any team over the best part of 100 yrs

Given that 3 of those are finals (89,08,13), it's a pretty big concern, and I'd hazard a guess that it's probably one of he worst records for any team over the best part of 100 yrs
Concerning for who exactly? If we've only ever beaten them 5 times out of 16 at the MCG and 3 of them are all knockout finals then I'm amazed that anyone could suggest that Hawthorn are the ones who have a hoodoo on them. I'll gladly watch us lose every H&A game we play against them by under 20 points for the rest of my life if it means we beat them every time we play a knock out final against them.

I'm surprised we've only played them 16 times at the G in almost 100 years . . .
We would've played them a lot at Kardinia Park, Glenferrie and then Waverley Park. MCG would've just been for finals and then in the recent years due to crowd numbers.

I don't think historical form has much to do with the next time we play them, particularly any form that predates the current playing squad.

If you're concerned about this, you probably need to look at other, more tangible things.

Make that 5 of 17 after yesterday!....All 12 losses in the past 6 seasons!....Though we lost to em twice in 63 so not sure if the stats are overall or just over the past 50 years!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back