The Detroit Pistons thread - Where Motown is being rebuilt by forming a f'in wall, that's all we do

Remove this Banner Ad

C - Andre Drummond
PF - Ersan Ilyasova
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
PG - Reggie Jackson
-----
C - Aron Baynes
PF - Marcus Morris
SF - Adonis Thomas
SG - Jodie Meeks
PG - Brandon Jennings
C - Joel Anthony
PF - Anthony Tolliver
SF - Darrun Hilliard II
SG - Reggie Bullock
PG - Spencer Dinwiddie

Trade/Buyout - Steve Blake, Danny Granger, Cartier Martin

Solid squad coming together there for the Pistons. Should be a playoff team (5th-8th seed) this year.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the set up of the team. Although I think Morris will be the starter for the first couple of months, until hopefully Stanley out plays him.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with the set up of the team. Although I think Morris will be the starter for the first couple of months, until hopefully Stanley out plays him.

I feel like Morris starting at the 3 in that line-up could turn Josh Smith-esque. Better for balance all round if he comes off the bench IMO.

I feel like Morris starting at the 3 in that line-up could turn Josh Smith-esque. Better for balance all round if he comes off the bench IMO.

Morris is a much better shooter than Smith though. It's also based on SVG saying a few times that he believes in rookies having to earn their minutes, and he talked about how he wanted to sign/trade a starting small forward (Initially targetting Carroll/Green). Hoping Johnson is starting before the new year though.

Morris is a much better shooter than Smith though. It's also based on SVG saying a few times that he believes in rookies having to earn their minutes, and he talked about how he wanted to sign/trade a starting small forward (Initially targetting Carroll/Green). Hoping Johnson is starting before the new year though.

I don't know, I just have a feeling like he'll think he should be the first or second option in that line-up, and could get too trigger happy. I also feel like he's better as a 4. Playing him significant minutes at the 3 would force Johnson or Thomas to play as an undersize 4 off the bench, too, which I don't think either is quite suited for right away coming into the league.

I feel like now that the Pistons have the option to do so, they should balance themselves out size-wise and position-wise, and have some genuine talent coming off the bench, too. Putting their rotation in a position where guys like Anthony and Tolliver either play minimal minutes, or don't play at all, should put them in good stead IMO.

Last edited:
Agree with the worry about Morris being a gunner, hoping he plays a team game. I think the minutes will be something like this...

Dre 35/ Baynes 13
Ilyasova 28/ Morris 15/ Tolliver 5
Morris 15/ Johnson 25/ KCP 8
KCP 25 / Meeks 18 / Jennings 5
Jackson 35 / Jennings 13.

Then hopefully Johnson increases minutes and takes Tollivers.

Hey Sos, I should be able to write a bit. I've got a fair bit of time off early next week so will do it up then if it's good to wait 8 or 9 days.

All good mate, whenever you're able is A-OK.

Doesn't have to be an essay or anything, just an insider's perspective so to speak.

So i'm off to Detroit for work in the last week of October. Looked into grabbing tickets to the Pistons v Jazz game and managed to grab court side tickets at the end of the away team bench. I'm in between the Jazz bench and the media/commentary bench court side (Im the first seat next to the bench). Ended up costing $400USD but along with the VIP seating it comes with free food/beer/wine/softies and access to the Pistons VIP club area. Pity Exum won't be playing, but stoked to be able to get that close.
Will be taking PLENTY of pics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Detroit came back from 18 down against Portland to win by 17. Andre Drummond had 29 points, 27 rebounds. If you bet on anyone else winning the rebound title this season, you've just wasted your money.

Reggie Jackson scored 40 with 26 coming in the last quarter, 10 from 11 shooting. Crazy game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back