Competitions The DreamTeam/SuperCoach Thread - ALL enquiries in here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my team atm:

Backs: Deledio,Gibbs,Goddard,Shaw,Enright,Broughton and Puopolo (Duigan,O'Keefe and Brennan)

Mids: Boyd,Pendlebury,A.Swallow,Ablett,Cotchin and Swan (Heppell,Didak and Bewick)

Rucks: Petrie and Sandilands (Cox and Bathie)

Forwards: Fyfe,Goodes,Franklin,Chapman,J.Riewoldt,N.Riewoldt and Mzungu (Darling,Richardson and M.Brown)

Deciding between Jamar or Goldstein to replace Sandi.Problem is I have Petrie so when North have a bye I'll be down to one ruck.Does Jamar usually score that well? And is he worth a risk to put in my ruck?

And yes I know my back-up players in my backline are crap:p Gotta somehow replace Duigan with a upgraded player but just don't have the cash.

This is my team atm:

Backs: Deledio,Gibbs,Goddard,Shaw,Enright,Broughton and Puopolo (Duigan,O'Keefe and Brennan)

Mids: Boyd,Pendlebury,A.Swallow,Ablett,Cotchin and Swan (Heppell,Didak and Bewick)

Rucks: Petrie and Sandilands (Cox and Bathie)

Forwards: Fyfe,Goodes,Franklin,Chapman,J.Riewoldt,N.Riewoldt and Mzungu (Darling,Richardson and M.Brown)

Deciding between Jamar or Goldstein to replace Sandi.Problem is I have Petrie so when North have a bye I'll be down to one ruck.Does Jamar usually score that well? And is he worth a risk to put in my ruck?

And yes I know my back-up players in my backline are crap:p Gotta somehow replace Duigan with a upgraded player but just don't have the cash.

How many trades have you got left?

you could go sandi > mcevoy and richardson > j.tippett

That would cover your byes and give you a little more fwd cover

How many trades have you got left?

you could go sandi > mcevoy and richardson > j.tippett

That would cover your byes and give you a little more fwd cover

I got only 5 trades left:eek:

I could go with McEvoy for this week just to cover my rucks. I figure you are saying Tippett because then I can use Petrie as a forward right??

That would only leave me 3 trades though. And I really don't like Duigan being there but think I just have to stick with him and Pupolo as the 7th backmen.

Yeh I know tell me about it :(

Got screwed up when Grimes from Melbourne got injured for the whole year.Plus I went stupid with my trades for a few rounds there to set my team up. Now Sandi decides to get injured and now I have to trade.

Trades: 8
Cash: $30k

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Gibbs, Newman, Suckling (Lower, Strauss, Toy)
Swan, Pendlebury, Judd, Priddis, Dal Santo, Boyd (Mzungu, Iles, Hibberd)
Cox, Smith (Bailey, Tippett)
Franklin, Pavlich, Harvey, O'Keefe, Petrie, Chapman, Sylvia (N Riewoldt, I Smith, Richardson)

Thoughts for my next move?

Franklin, Pavlich, Harvey, O'Keefe, Petrie, Chapman, Sylvia (N Riewoldt, I Smith, Richardson)

Nothing. Your team is done. Looks really good.

If you wanted to make a couple of luxury trades you could cull some deadwood on your bench such as Richardson > Callinan. And if you're really trade happy Toy to someone who is playing, you'd only have 290k to spend so options are pretty slim. N.Smith, R.Shaw, HarryO.

I'd just hold though.

For someone ranked 200ish why would you ask for help? Me thinks you're just showing off :p

Good luck, the car is within reach.

For someone ranked 200ish why would you ask for help? Me thinks you're just showing off :p

Good luck, the car is within reach.

Because I look at my side so often its often helpful to have another set of eyes look it over. I'm happy with the side, so I guess I am showing off too a degree!

I am seriously contemplating Iles - Callinan and Lower - Fisher next week.

It avoids Lower's bye, gets probably the best backman I don't have, and is a pretty major upgrade on Lower. Then again I could upgrade Smith in the rucks, but there aren't many good options.

I think I'll hold tight for a while because I really only want to win my leagues. I'm 800 odd points off the leaders so I don't think it's a realistic chance unless they all have 2 or 3 trades left and we have an injury heavy run home.

Is this DT or SC joxstrap?

Either way nice team and well done.

Kudos to all the BF DT/SC leagues this year and Axel for doing another marvelous organisational job.

I really hope BF Magpies SC Div 1 will go onto finish 2nd;)

Supercoach.

I'd be happy to win my cash league and finish top 100. Not asking for much!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, i'd love to hear some thoughts on Cloke with respect to the Dawes injury. Does he now get more of the ball or do teams now double team him reducing his output?

He's such a good contested mark that being double teamed is less of an isssue imo and I assume Keeffe will replace Dawes anyway.

This would be my team at full strength

Defenders: B.Deledio, B.Goddard, H.Shaw, N.Lower, C.Pedersen, M.Hibberd, A.Silvagni (N.Smith, N.Duigan (E), A.Toovey)

Midfield: S.Pendlebury (VC), G.Ablett (C), B.Moloney, D.Swan, E.Curnow, I.Smith (J.Gysberts (E), T.Liberatore, I.Callinan)

Rucks: Z.Smith, M.Jamar (T.Vickery, N.Vardy)

Forwards: B.Harvey, D.Zaharakis, N.Riewoldt, B.McGlynn, C.Rioli, J.Howe, M.Newton (M.deBoer (E), A.Didak, J.Schulz)

I've got 2 trades left and $50,500 in salary cap. I reckon my team will be fine with almost all of my guys playing each week, although some are injured I always have a full team when the head to head rounds are. Do you think my 2 trades in the bank will be enough for finals?

Trades: 5
Cash: 60K

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Suckling, Shaw, Fisher, Goddard, Heppell (Hibberd, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Ablett, Pendle, Swan, Hodge, Thmpson, Boyd (Bewick, Jacobs, Callian)

Rucks: Cox, Smith (Vardy, McCauley)

Forwards: Pav, Fyfe, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Franklin, Higgins, Mzungu (Krak, Smith Richardson)

What's my next move?
Thinking:
Smith out for Lobbe to make 170K and then upgrading him or Vardy to a McEvoy or S. Jacobs. Leaves me with 3 trades for the rest of the year.

Are any of these trades worth doing? Currently sitting 8th in my league by %. one game off 7th

Hey guys, i'd love to hear some thoughts on Cloke with respect to the Dawes injury. Does he now get more of the ball or do teams now double team him reducing his output?

He's such a good contested mark that being double teamed is less of an isssue imo and I assume Keeffe will replace Dawes anyway.
Personally I don't se to much changing with Cloke as a lot of his possessions are contested anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped a little bit in scoring but the with others around him I'm not sure teams can go all out and double team him. Collingwood will be trying to keep his role similar to what it was.

Trades: 5
Cash: 60K

Backs: Gibbs, Deledio, Suckling, Shaw, Fisher, Goddard, Heppell (Hibberd, Toy, Lower)

Mids: Ablett, Pendle, Swan, Hodge, Thmpson, Boyd (Bewick, Jacobs, Callian)

Rucks: Cox, Smith (Vardy, McCauley)

Forwards: Pav, Fyfe, Riewoldt, Sylvia, Franklin, Higgins, Mzungu (Krak, Smith Richardson)

What's my next move?
Thinking:
Smith out for Lobbe to make 170K and then upgrading him or Vardy to a McEvoy or S. Jacobs. Leaves me with 3 trades for the rest of the year.

Are any of these trades worth doing? Currently sitting 8th in my league by %. one game off 7th
With 5 trades left I'd leave your rucks and focus on getting another forward. You're going to need to be careful with not running out of trades.

I've got 2 trades left and $50,500 in salary cap. I reckon my team will be fine with almost all of my guys playing each week, although some are injured I always have a full team when the head to head rounds are. Do you think my 2 trades in the bank will be enough for finals?
To be honest, no. I think you'll be lucky if you can keep your team together that long. Every year there are players injured, rested or go for surgery early. Keep those 2 trades as long as you can.

Why do you think another forward? Suggestions?
Right now you're having to play 1 rookie minimum in the forward line every week. The thing you need to think about is; are the points between Z.Smith and McEvoy is going to be greater than the difference between say Mzungu and a premium forward? Plus what will give you more cash in the bank and give you better cover as the game goes on?

Right now you're having to play 1 rookie minimum in the forward line every week. The thing you need to think about is; are the points between Z.Smith and McEvoy is going to be greater than the difference between say Mzungu and a premium forward? Plus what will give you more cash in the bank and give you better cover as the game goes on?

I am going to play devils advocate but I think Z Smith's points have been dropping and as a young guy carrying the ruck in his debut it's not out of the question that he will be rested or at very least played up forward later in the year.

On the other hand both Z Smith and Mzungu are mature age recruits who debuted late in the year. Mzungu has been consistant whilst I Smith has had a couple low scores and 3 highs. I think between the two though you'd be unlucky if you didn't find a guy averaging in the 80's by the business end.

The only problem is I don't rate McEvoy long term. Especially if Gardiner comes back and McEvoy is moved forward.

I am going to play devils advocate but I think Z Smith's points have been dropping and as a young guy carrying the ruck in his debut it's not out of the question that he will be rested or at very least played up forward later in the year.

On the other hand both Z Smith and Mzungu are mature age recruits who debuted late in the year. Mzungu has been consistant whilst I Smith has had a couple low scores and 3 highs. I think between the two though you'd be unlucky if you didn't find a guy averaging in the 80's by the business end.

The only problem is I don't rate McEvoy long term. Especially if Gardiner comes back and McEvoy is moved forward.

Jacobs instead of McEvoy? I'm just not sure that at this stage I can afford a premium fwd.

I think Smith still can score well. Last week he scored 61 off two and a half quarters. I think he would have scored 90 odd off a full game and I can see him averaging 80-100 scores for the rest of the season. But someone like McEvoy/Jamar/Jolly/Jacobs could all average 100+ for the rest of the year. With 5 trades left I don't think it's worth spending 2 of them to upgrade your rucks, especially like what ST09 said, McEvoy's role could change if Gardiner returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back