The football video games thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Having played about 4 games of 16 now, I'm liking it after not being a big fan of 15. The goalkeepers don't seem to be as challenged any more so no more scoring from halfway I guess.

PES is great gameplay wise, but to release a game without squads which aren't updated is terrible. Love the addition of Peter Drury in the commentary box. The game actually sounds exciting.

FIFA looks great, gameplay isn't as good but I am enjoying career mode for now. The training they've added is a great feature.

I like that it's challenging.

seem to have worked it out. loaded up the midfield and i've become hard to beat. need to work on shooting too hard, hit the bar way too many times. penalties need a bit of tightening up too, had otamendi sent off for giving away a pen on a late tackle after the ball had been lofted away from me, but there was no card down the other end for aguero being taken down from behind. this sort of thing has always annoyed me to no end, the clear lack of consistency.

Loaded up my Kits, badges and managers...

vOuomDf.jpg

7mxs507.jpg

uuefzuQ.jpg

lruCybX.jpg

Q2sqm0a.jpg

There's a few out.

I've only played about 5 matches myself mate so don't worry you won't be embarrassed :)

Played a handful of games in both Master League and also MyClub (seems to be the PES version of Ultimate team.)

Installed an option file as well as I was sick of seeing Tyneside in red and white. Seriously Konami, giving us the dirty mackem colours? :p

Loving it though!

Played a handful of games in both Master League and also MyClub (seems to be the PES version of Ultimate team.)

Installed an option file as well as I was sick of seeing Tyneside in red and white. Seriously Konami, giving us the dirty mackem colours? :p

Loving it though!
Hard to do? Please explain how/where.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to do? Please explain how/where.

Not hard at all but maybe a bit tedious/time consuming (unless there is a faster way to do it?). Think Fwoy did it earlier, not sure how long it took him but I probably took an hour all up. I also updated stadium names, rival clubs and the announcer name (think most of the club names were there).

I got the premier league pack (emblems, kits and manager) from here:
http://www.pesworld.co.uk/p/pes-2014-files.html

Basically all you need to do is.
  1. Download an option file to a USB (make sure the USB is FAT32 or exFAT format).
  2. Put the file into a folder called "WEPES"
  3. Extract it (assuming if it is a zip file).
  4. Plug the USB into the PS4.
  5. Boot up PES, go to the 'edit' option. Next go to 'Data management' and then 'import'.
  6. Import the files - I think it is best to go 'import selected' rather than 'import all' - that way you can select all the kits, emblems, managers separately - which makes it easier to sift through when applying later on.
  7. Go to each club and 'paste image' accordingly for the kit, emblem or manager.
I used this video, pretty straightforward overall but can take some time when doing all 19 clubs.

Played FIFA heaps and enjoying it. Playing on pro and it's challenging enough without being annoying. Like the training aspect too.

But back to FIFA, this is how my squad looks -

Cech
Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal
Coq Cazorla
Ox Ozil Sanchez
Griezmann
Umtiti
Aboubakar
Calhanoglu
Ward-Prowse
Goretzka
Bernat
Wanyama
Munir

Were the other signings I made & Grimaldo on loan. Bench is pretty much that, with the exception of one of the CMs for Campbell, with Wilshere coming in when needed also. Should really start Umtiti because he is better than Gabriel but whatever.

Griezmann has been very good, and Calhonglu too, particularly with his free kicks, nailed three with him. Sanchez scored a faie few too.

Generally rotate the CM spot between Cazorla and Calhonglu who is outstanding at free kicks. Pinged one in from 36 yards. Drew the first game with West Ham 1-1 then one five in a row, drew 3-3 with Chelsea (was 2-0 up) and their second goal game from some bullshit with my keeper and the bastards scored in the 86th min with Terry. Got done 2-1 by Leicester as well but pumped United 3-0. Alexis with a brace. Think I am second with Spurs on top.

Will smash some PES this week too, pleased that there is an OF available, once they release their patch with transfers it will get a good run.

Don't know how they haven't ******* removed the stupid rigged games in career mode.

Also has anyone had a glitch where mid game they will suddenly switch to being the goalkeeper? Absolutely infuriating.
Happened to me, but thought I might have pressed the pad by accident as I've done it before.

Also haven't come across any rigged games that I can think of. The one I drew I was the poorer side, as with the one I lost.

Getting pretty over FIFA 16 already. Headers are over powered and lack any sort of direction, directional passing has been completely ****ed with, and played have no ability to pull up from a run whatsoever.

Getting pretty over FIFA 16 already. Headers are over powered and lack any sort of direction, directional passing has been completely stuffed with, and played have no ability to pull up from a run whatsoever.
it might be easier if you play with any team other than Hull ;)

it might be easier if you play with any team other than Hull ;)

Haha, I keep getting 1-1 draws, and then just got a 0-0 draw in the first game of the season. Just think that the adjustments are pretty stupid because they've tried too much to take away any sort of precision.

Getting pretty over FIFA 16 already. Headers are over powered and lack any sort of direction, directional passing has been completely stuffed with, and played have no ability to pull up from a run whatsoever.
Oh my goodness, the directional passing is completely ****ed! I have no idea how they stuff that up!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back