Mega Thread The Franklin Mint - All Buddy angst, rants, etc to go in here AND NOWHERE ELSE

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he is dwelling on that great decision.

Believe me, Buddy doesn't have the capacity to dwell.

Dwelling requires a certain degree of self-reflection, intelligence even.

The only dwelling Buddy is gunna get near is his Bondi millionaires pad purchased with his filthy blood money.

As we lost Ablett, I can empathise. If he had gone to a big club like Sydney, it would have been a million times worse.

F#*$ it felt good when we beat Gold Coast in Ablett's first game against us, although he didn't give a s*#$ as he was raking in the cash. I suspect buddy is a bit the same

If I were the Swans, I'd watch out for who Buddy speaks to tomorrow.
He has a history of looking at moves after a losing Grand Final!

Maybe Gold Coast, for the lovely beaches?

I have mixed emotions about him now. If they'd beaten us today I could never not hate him for it all. But having beaten them/him a lot of my angst towards him as dissipated. I'm taking a little enjoyment out of seeing him hurt not because I wish bad things for him but because to me I get the impression it's finally hit him what a mistake the move was.

Going to the team bus 30mins earlier than the next player illustrates just how alone he is. A few rooms over his ex teammates are celebrating a premiership without him, not because they hate him (they don't) but because he's no longer a part of that Hawthorn world. He obviously couldn't find comfort in his new teammates. Perhaps because when things got tough he was pretty much left to do it all, again alone.

The booing Hawks fans have locked the door on him after he walked out it, and the fairweather Sydney supporters will surely do the same in time once they start to really doubt their $10M "investment" has any chance of delivering another flag.

He'll be invited back to premiership reunions decades from now but I doubt he'll feel like he belongs.

The week of pain for bud started tonight. So close yet so far.

Could've won it had he played against the tigers. And he was one of Sydney's best today (didn't need to use secret agent plan as they were getting curb stomped everywhere else).

Anyway 1 down, 8 years to go...

That would be right ..he knew what was going to happen.My last word on buddy if I can hold my tongue is he is filth to the enth degree...he screwed us over the COLA screwed us over its time for US to SCREW them over....him and his bimbo of a Gf can go F%^k themselves and to be honest i hope lake takes him out and gets banned for all of next season.....GO THE BIFF thats how we send a message to the AFL and the comp.Cause it ain't working playing NICE.Booing seems pointless i reckon go the biff and thats the way you send a message.....people should hurl stuff at him know it won't happen but i reckon if it were the 70's it might happen.....ahh dreams.

Landed on him nice and legally in the 1st quarter.

I have mixed emotions about him now. If they'd beaten us today I could never not hate him for it all. But having beaten them/him a lot of my angst towards him as dissipated. I'm taking a little enjoyment out of seeing him hurt not because I wish bad things for him but because to me I get the impression it's finally hit him what a mistake the move was.

Going to the team bus 30mins earlier than the next player illustrates just how alone he is. A few rooms over his ex teammates are celebrating a premiership without him, not because they hate him (they don't) but because he's no longer a part of that Hawthorn world. He obviously couldn't find comfort in his new teammates. Perhaps because when things got tough he was pretty much left to do it all, again alone.

The booing Hawks fans have locked the door on him after he walked out it, and the fairweather Sydney supporters will surely do the same in time once they start to really doubt their $10M "investment" has any chance of delivering another flag.

He'll be invited back to premiership reunions decades from now but I doubt he'll feel like he belongs.

You are magnanimous.

May I propose this comparison?

Right now, you have Paddy Ryder wanting to leave Essendon. He has, by most measures, been appallingly treated by the Bombers in terms of being injected with crap. He's endured a horror two years because of the stubborn board and egotistical Hird. His wife is jacked, and rightly so, because they're about to have baby, who, might have been exposed to risk due to the injecting program. Now he's leaving Essendon. And he apparently has a clause in his contract which would enable him to walk.

If anybody had reason to want to burn a club it's Paddy. Well, no. Because Paddy is insisting that Essendon are compensated for his loss via a trade.

Contrast that with Buddy. Swears allegiance all year. Even goes through the sham of 're-engaging' negotiations' with the club a couple of months prior to the Grand Final. Straight after the flag he bails. On a massive contract designed in such a way that no one in their right mind would challenge it.

Now, Buddy has tried to assuage some guilt by saying he hadn't decided until after the GF. Well, that's not what the club or anybody around footy think/know. He'd long gone.

And his actions totally screwed the club over. i despise him for his dishonesty and disloyalty. He owed us the same sort of courtesy that Paddy is now extending to Essendon.

You are magnanimous.

Right now, you have Paddy Ryder wanting to leave Essendon. He has, by most measures, been appallingly treated by the Bombers in terms of being injected with crap. He's endured a horror two years because of the stubborn board and egotistical Hird. His wife is jacked, and rightly so, because they're about to have baby, who, might have been exposed to risk due to the injecting program. Now he's leaving Essendon. And he apparently has a clause in his contract which would enable him to walk.

If anybody had reason to want to burn a club it's Paddy. Well, no. Because Paddy is insisting that Essendon are compensated for his loss via a trade.

Contrast that with Buddy. Swears allegiance all year. Even goes through the sham of 're-engaging' negotiations' with the club a couple of months prior to the Grand Final. Straight after the flag he bails. On a massive contract designed in such a way that no one in their right mind would challenge it.

Now, Buddy has tried to assuage some guilt by saying he hadn't decided until after the GF. Well, that's not what the club or anybody around footy think/know. He'd long gone.

And his actions totally screwed the club over. i despise him for his dishonesty and disloyalty. He owed us the same sort of courtesy that Paddy is now extending to Essendon.
Yeah I get your perspective. The way he left still doesn't sit right with me either. Though I take solace in the fact that despite screwing us over royally it has still led to what happened today which in my eyes, and hopefully the history books will reflect this too, is another huge badge of honour for the strength and perseverance of this club to overcome adversity. You can't buy that which is why Sydney will never get it.

Consider it the silver lining.

You are magnanimous.

Yeah I get your perspective. The way he left still doesn't sit right with me either. Though I take solace in the fact that despite screwing us over royally it has still led to what happened today which in my eyes, and hopefully the history books will reflect this too, is another huge badge of honour for the strength and perseverance of this club to overcome adversity. You can't buy that which is why Sydney will never get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are magnanimous.

Consider it a silver lining.

You are magnanimous.

He is no longer one of us.

He could have been a part of this, but his greed/treason got in the way.

Enjoy the loss, Lance Franklin, there's a few of your former teammates who are enjoying their third premiership tonight.

Oh, I agree. I just find it hard to wish him well. I hope that he continues to pay by not getting the flags and the love he so obviously craves.

Oh, I agree. I just find it hard to wish him well. I hope that he continues to pay by not getting the flags and the love from all and sundry that he so obviously craves.

You are magnanimous.

He is no longer one of us.

He could have been a part of this, but his greed/treason got in the way.

Enjoy the loss, Lance Franklin, there's a few of your former teammates who are enjoying their third premiership tonight.

Was also wondering if he learnt anything today. He could've been celebrating another Premiership with his good mates, instead of having them take the mickey out of him during the game.

But, as has been pointed out, he's not really capable of that line of thought.

All Franklin will have taken from this week is the huge media attention centred around his him & his "greatness", which he loves. So, he'll go back to Sydney surrounded by his close circle of adorers & carry on being "Buddy".

Oh, I agree. I just find it hard to wish him well. I hope that he continues to pay by not getting the flags and the love from all and sundry that he so obviously craves.
I don't wish him well either. I'm just not festering with anger when I see him now. More pity. And I think a proud person would much rather be hated than pitied.

Was also wondering if he learnt anything today. He could've been celebrating another Premiership with his good mates, instead of having them take the mickey out of him during the game.

But, as has been pointed out, he's not really capable of that line of thought.

All Franklin will have taken from this week is the huge media attention centred around his him & his "greatness", which he loves. So, he'll go back to Sydney surrounded by his close circle of adorers & carry on being "Buddy".

The thing that will burn in Franklin's tiny little brain is he wasn;t the best. He was upstaged. Beaten. the script he thought he had penned, was trashed.

Can we now shut this thread and move on?
He was smoked on the biggest stage by the team he dogged.
It's over, justice has been served. Stop making him relevant and feeding his ego.

I'm finding it very cathartic!

There will always be the need for a Buddy thread on our board. Better to quarantine it in one place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back