The future of the ABC - Guthrie sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

You are arguing the right of 150 ISIS members to return to Australia once they are done. You are arguing against the deportation of terrorists currently residing in Australia. Its the same line your ABC is taking. There's no middle ground.

Na m8 you are being ridiculous.

My main problem with it is how loosely defined it is. They want to make the broom as big as they can so they can sweep as much of us up IMO

The other issue is that just like all all the other crazy ass legislation being rushed though (silence of the media, removing whistleblower protections, Snooping on our meta data) there seems too be a lack of any increase in oversight/transparency/safe guards. They are so far up all our asses with no restrictions, its more dangerous then a bunch of whacked fundiez in a sand pit the other side of the planet.

But yeah, my real agenda is fighting for the rights of terrorists eh ? That is such a pathetic line BTW

Yes mate, it's a legal matter.

My understanding of the legislation as drafted is that its not a legal matter. Same mechanism as when the immigration department grants someone their citizenship, can I sue the department if stuff that up and one of their rubber stamps lops the head of a loved one?

If you were "suspected" of terrorism you would be treated the same as everyone else.

What can the Australian goverment do to save these kids from the hands of their mother (and husband re the 14 yo girl) who is most likely an ISIS member, from the middle of a warzone? Invade?

We invaded with the U.S. & Briton not that long ago, part of the reason the whole area is such nut case area now.

In saying that I'm not advocating invasion but I was also against it as were the majority of Australian at the time, a lot of you people that screemed we had to give the Middle East democracy are now telling us we have watch out for terrorists on every corner. That war has worked out well then.:eek:

My understanding of the legislation as drafted is that its not a legal matter. Same mechanism as when the immigration department grants someone their citizenship, can I sue the department if stuff that up and one of their rubber stamps lops the head of a loved one?

"Citizenship would automatically be stripped from a person convicted of damaging Commonwealth property or possessing a 'thing', such as a book or downloaded file from the Internet, that is in some way connected with terrorism."
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...connected-with-terrorism-whistleblowing.shtml

No need to sue, Head lopping stamp obviously falls under this "thing" category, deported.

The other issue is that just like all all the other crazy ass legislation being rushed though (silence of the media, removing whistleblower protections, Snooping on our meta data) there seems too be a lack of any increase in oversight/transparency/safe guards. They are so far up all our asses with no restrictions, its more dangerous then a bunch of whacked fundiez in a sand pit the other side of the planet.

and people voted for this coward......

How can you say legislation is not a legal matter? The criminal code is legislation!

What did you study at uni?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11665445_448188595354291_2995398984271281889_n.jpg

the Libs and Murdoch just buying from Koch bros script and try to recentre the equilibrium dialectic further to the right.

just like Murdoch never sends orders from Manhattan News hq about what to publish tomorrow, their editors and reporters know what is expected to be in print at 4am.

The ABC will learn to self-censor. This is the most insidious part.

Last edited:
the Libs and Murdoch just buying from Koch bros script and try to recentre the equilibrium dalectic further to the right.

Willie Sutton was once asked why he robbed banks, and his response was : because that’s where the money is.

Murdoch is similar, he puts his papers (tabloids) and Fox where the $ are.

Willie Sutton was once asked why he robbed banks, and his response was : because that’s where the money is.

yeah, but an administration who are further to free-market right, and anything-goes-capitalism, will endorse his policies. so he gets his gov't. we get the gov't we deserve too, cos we are idjits

page trois.

trois de page

aka, where the silcone is. #DowCorning

i told u, i optioned a script called "Attack of the Silly Cones!". Getting John Waters involved. zombies, dog pounds in san fernando valley LA and small puppies evo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back