Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Methinks you have God mixed up with official church policy....We all know the Roman Catholic Church is populated by innumerable gay bishops!....And likely always has been....So it's hardly homophobic!

Given it's taken the church some 500 years to finally absolve Galileo of any wrong-doing, then one can garner the pace at which progress is made there!....Vatican City is an ivory tower, isolated from the rest of the world!

If you want to slag off on religion, then at least iron out your category errors to begin with, before dropping your baited lure in the water.
not a sin?

All I'm reading here is rant, blithering & baited breath.

Have a read of your criticisms in this post & recognize how self-referencing they are.

Also. finally....Please note the thread topic....And try to stay on it.;)

as usual you skip over the parts that you can't answer.

not a sin?

Just because a person has faith doesn't automatically render them a conservative!....You should understand that.

A person's sexual orientation is their own business.... As long as people obey the law.

Just recognize that your statement 'God hates gays" is a pathetically glib attempt at attention grabbing!

You may not respect the word & what it stands for, but others do....And that fact is what underlies your posturing here & what you are depending on by it's transparency!

Just because a person has faith doesn't automatically render them a conservative!....You should understand that.

A person's sexual orientation is their own business.... As long as people obey the law.

Just recognize that your statement 'God hates gays" is a pathetically glib attempt at attention grabbing!

You may not respect the word & what it stands for, but others do....And that fact is what underlies your posturing here & what you are depending on by it's transparency!
Sorry - is it a sin or not?

Only the mentally ill or those who can't use critical thinking could possibly believe in any supernatural being.

All religions are deluded cult like thinking, I almost feel sorry for the followers but they enable and financially supported some attrotious crimes committed by their religion figuires over the years.

* religion and * the people that believe in such crap.

Sorry - is it a sin or not?
Technically they were Laws (The Holiness Code), so you were breaking Holy law if you committed them. Also these Laws were only Hebrew Laws. If you were not of the Hebrew faith you could sleep with as many men as you had the strength to.

Here are a list of the Laws relating to sexual activities :rainbow:
  • Do not be sexually involved with your close relatives
  • Do not be sexually involved with your mother or step-mother
  • Do not be sexually involved with your sister, step-sister, or sister-in-law
  • Do not be sexually involved with your aunts (biological or through marriage)
  • Do not be sexually involved with your granddaughter
  • Do not be sexually involved with your daughter-in-law
  • Do not be sexually involved with a woman as well as her daughter
  • Do not be sexually involved with a ritually unclean woman
  • Do not be sexually involved with your neighbour's wife
  • Do not pass your seed/children through the fire to Moloch
  • Do not be sexually involved with a man as you would with a woman
  • Do not be sexually involved with a beast

Last edited:
Technically they were Laws (The Holiness Code), so you were breaking Holy law if you committed them. Also these Laws were only Hebrew Laws. If you were not of the Hebrew faith you could sleep with as many men as you had the strength to.

Here are a list of the Laws relating to sexual activities :rainbow:
  • Do not be sexually involved with your close relatives
  • Do not be sexually involved with your mother or step-mother
  • Do not be sexually involved with your sister, step-sister, or sister-in-law
  • Do not be sexually involved with your aunts (biological or through marriage)
  • Do not be sexually involved with your granddaughter
  • Do not be sexually involved with your daughter-in-law
  • Do not be sexually involved with a woman as well as her daughter
  • Do not be sexually involved with a ritually unclean woman
  • Do not be sexually involved with your neighbour's wife
  • Do not pass your seed/children through the fire to Moloch
  • Do not be sexually involved with a man as you would with a woman
  • Do not be sexually involved with a beast
two christians in disagreement with regards to "God's mind" on homosexuals. What a revelation.

No not really. Leviticus is a time capsule from a primitive people. Most of what it talks about has no relevance to a modern Christian.

Wasn't Jesus an observant Jew?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:17-19).

Only the mentally ill or those who can't use critical thinking could possibly believe in any supernatural being.

All religions are deluded cult like thinking, I almost feel sorry for the followers but they enable and financially supported some atrocious crimes committed by their religion figures over the years.

**** religion and **** the people that believe in such crap.

If one believes in God then there is no distinction between what is natural & what is holy/divine/sacred.

Only atheists DIVIDE the cosmos into natural (visible) & the supernatural (invisible). Theists have no issue with the intermingling & presence of both, without need of falling into superstition.

The entire crux of your polemic hinges on the word 'supernatural' & all your assumptions thereafter fall flat.

Also....Last I checked, critical thinking entails consciousness....You know; that invisible 'supernatural' unexplainable phenomena, science can't quite seem to either do without/ nor do away with!:)

So you've experienced every religion under the sun & known to man have you?....Including those which no longer exist/abound?o_O....Yep....A Nice example of a non-deluded sweeping generalization in exposing your complete & utter ignorance!....You cretin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Jesus an observant Jew?

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. Therefore whoever relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven” (Matt 5:17-19).
Yes he was raised a Jew but he broke their Laws by claiming to be their King and was handed over to the Romans by their Priests to be crucified. That's hardly being observant :rolleyes:

However, my point was that Leviticus is full of arcane Laws that have lost their relevance to modern Christians. That doesn't mean the teachings in the New Testament aren't relevant though.

What's the point of having a intellectual conversation with someone who believes in a imaginary being and made up stories?

No point wasting my time , I gave an opnion and you were the first to name call me by calling ne a cretin.

What's the point of having a intellectual conversation with someone who believes in a imaginary being and made up stories?

No point wasting my time , I gave an opnion and you were the first to name call me by calling ne a cretin.

Catastic82 said:

"Only the mentally ill or those who can't use critical thinking could possibly believe in any supernatural being.

All religions are deluded cult like thinking,

**** religion and **** the people that believe in such crap."

You were saying?:rolleyes:....The thread topic is GOD. If there's no point in discussing the topic/notion....Then why are you here. Other than to troll?

Stating my opnion like I've said if you had bothered to read

Well yes....That is the issue!

I did 'bother' to read your opening 'opinion'!....And by it's very nature, it denies you a right at any further correspondence or rejoinder in this thread.o_O

If you can't both see & comprehend that....Then you are more lacking in any semblance of reason & sense than those for whom you aim your rhetorical arrows at!:)

nah.

the supernatural and superstition are inextricably intertwined.Superstition literally means belief in the supernatural. The giveaway is in the prefix.

"Superstition is the belief in supernatural causality"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superstition

Yes....But the issue at hand is establishing whether or not the nature of God is 'beyond' the natural!....Ergo the concept 'intertwined'!

Semantics neither precedes nor establishes the nature/grounds of our being/consciousness & identity, but rather, is dependent upon them.

For theists, God is no more 'supernatural' than our conscious being is!....Once again....The notion of a division of being is attempting to be established here by card-carrying atheists....This is what is meant by the theist principle of humans being 'made' in God's image. Not 'beyond' it!....The entire notion of 'the holy ghost' is our conscious nature/identity itself, which is both grounded & established in our 'invisible' conscious being!

A conscious being, by the way, which we as humans cannot do without!....Else we should end up as 'madmen'; just as Nietzsche had proclaimed/predicted, in questioning/doubting the very nature of our own existence/being.

Like it or not: We as humans partake of the invisible & are subjected to invisible forces via our very being....This truth is what gives rise to the study of psychiatry!....Of the propensity for humans to go awry via their invisible conscious being!:)

Last edited:
Yes....But the issue at hand is establishing whether or not the nature of God is 'beyond' the natural!....Ergo the concept 'intertwined'!

Semantics neither precedes nor establishes the nature/grounds of our being/consciousness & identity, but rather, is dependent upon them.

For theists, God is no more 'supernatural' than our conscious being is!....Once again....The notion of a division of being is attempting to be established here by card-carrying atheists....This is what is meant by the theist principle of humans being 'made' in God's image. Not 'beyond' it!....The entire notion of 'the holy ghost' is our conscious nature/identity itself, which is both grounded & established in our 'invisible' conscious being!

A conscious being, by the way, which we as humans cannot do without!....Else we should end up as 'madmen'; just as Nietzsche had proclaimed/predicted, in questioning/doubting the very nature of our own existence/being.

Like it or not: We as humans partake of the invisible & are subjected to invisible forces via our very being....This truth is what gives rise to the study of psychiatry!....Of the propensity for humans to go awry via their invisible conscious being!:)
dont see any connection with conciousness and the supernatural (that not of the natural world). In our limited knowledge of consciuosness, we know that consciuosness is the product of the mind which is in itself a product of matter. Your idealist appeals dont conform to reality.

Yes but a star dying and creating heavy elements could be seen as the biggest fluke ever. Surely once higher order is taken out of the equation any s**t that happens has to be a fluke.
What?
A fluke which happens constantly, in every corner of the universe and has regularly for 15 billion years?
The only fluke is that Christianity was chosen over any of the myriad other cults of the by the Romans and that their society lasted long enough to infect the world with it.

What a load of self-indulgent pseudo babble.
Foundationless crap every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back