Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I believe the bible is 100% truth, Do you have a problem because my views differ from yours ?

Do you really believe rocks turned into Dogs ?

People will believe whatever, as long as it has nothing to do with GOD.

Believing in Evolution is what suits the lifestyle of many Atheists, It gives a reason to be morally unaccountable, Where people can go out get smashed every week, do drugs, pick up, live the life they desire, "Do what thou wilt"

Some people really love self gratification.

"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing ..."

A quote from the notorious serial killer Jeffery Dahmer, Typical death bed conversion hey ?.

The Bible isn't a biology book. Whether you believe the theory of evolution to be correct or not is beside the point.

Read the Bible " the church is the pillar of truth" Get on board.

Last edited:
Yes I believe the bible is 100% truth, Do you have a problem because my views differ from yours ?

Believing in Evolution is what suits the lifestyle of many Atheists, It gives a reason to be morally unaccountable, Where people can go out get smashed every week, do drugs, pick up, live the life they desire, "Do what thou wilt"

"If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing ..."

A quote from the notorious serial killer Jeffery Dahmer, Typical death bed conversion hey ?.
That made me laugh.

And as for whichever muppet was claiming belief was Illogical, the health benefits alone make it illogical not to have some form of belief.
Please enlighten me of the health benefits of believing in a man who lives in the sky?

See this is amusing.

You're pretty quick to pass judgement & tar all people with the same brush.

Maybe you should check your facts, Christians DO NOT accept evolution & if they do, they are conforming to the world & never have been true believers.

Your problem is you've been brainwashed by Catholicism, The catholic church has always been an apostasy.

I will agree that certain religions & religious people have caused problems in the world, But so have Atheists who have committed crimes just as bad, Were all human & do stupid things from time to time, They all fall under the same category regardless of who does believe in GOD or who's an non believer,The same laws that have been given apply to ALL.

The ever changing rhetoric coming from religion and church groups as they struggle to remain relevant has seen them fall foul of society's ever expanding intelligence over the decades.
Whether it was the realisation that slavery is not cool, that homosexuality is not a sin or that evolution is real.....there's still a number of those amongst the converted that struggle with the concept the rules have been changed and so they argue amongst each other, as they have done in these pages.

And just why have the rules changed? Because slowly but surely the church and it's medieval fairy tales have become more and more irrelevant over time. The internet has undoubtedly fast tracked this, because unlike previous decades knowledge is only as far away as your fingertips, and kids are exposed to more than just what Mum, Dad and the minister at church has told them to believe.

My Theory of evolution book came today, Did you know that nothing created everything,plants, animals, humans,Food,oxygen,water,sunlight, vitamins,minerals,the right living conditions.

For all of the flak evolution cops, It's pretty amazing how we ended up with everything that we need to survive, It's pretty amazing how all of this just happened by chance.

View attachment 112500
Echols, You seem like a pretty cool guy outside of these topics.

Can you please provide your own words & source of information other than videos from youtube.

In your own words, I'd like you to tell me how you end up with everything required to give life by chance ?
You can only eat, breathe or drink whats around you...
A half competent God would easily pop us into existence without any need for eating, breathing or even crapping...did you ever think of that.
Don't tell me you believe a banana is shaped to fit a monkeys hand.

What's your evidence for intelligent design.

Please enlighten me of the health benefits of believing in a man who lives in the sky?
Equal to the health benefits of prayer...

If fear of punishment from a third party is the only thing stopping you from raping and murdering people, then it is very fortunate for the rest of us that you found religion.

Some of us are able to hold ourselves to a moral standard.

You're pretty quick to pass judgement & tar all people with the same brush.

Maybe you should check your facts, Christians DO NOT accept evolution & if they do, they are conforming to the world & never have been true believers.

Your problem is you've been brainwashed by Catholicism, The catholic church has always been an apostasy.

I will agree that certain religions & religious people have caused problems in the world, But so have Atheists who have committed crimes just as bad, Were all human & do stupid things from time to time, They all fall under the same category regardless of who does believe in GOD or who's an non believer,The same laws that have been given apply to ALL.

Maybe you should consult the head of your church...the one which acknowledges categorically accepts evolution as real phenomena.

Are you saying the Church sees abortion as murder because they make money out of births?
Not at all. They see it as their sphere of influence...their God being personally responsible for the creation of each life.
Whether a child, or any human for that matter lives or dies is at their God;s discretion, he gives life and he takes it away. It is the absolute corner stone of their faith. Whether you die a long agonizing death from cancer is God's will, totally at his discretion, whether you are still born or die from a petrol inferno on the side of the road at 3 years old or are necklaced in Pakistan. For humans to have the power to control their own destiny is a direct threat to their God's power, and ultimately their power, the power of the church.
For humans to have the same power is a demarcation issue. It diminishes their power and influence.
It is not for you to have control over your own destiny in their mind.

Not at all. They see it as their sphere of influence...their God being personally responsible for the creation of each life.
Whether a child, or any human for that matter lives or dies is at their God;s discretion, he gives life and he takes it away. It is the absolute corner stone of their faith. Whether you die a long agonizing death from cancer is God's will, totally at his discretion, whether you are still born or die from a petrol inferno on the side of the road at 3 years old or are necklaced in Pakistan. For humans to have the power to control their own destiny is a direct threat to their God's power, and ultimately their power, the power of the church.
For humans to have the same power is a demarcation issue. It diminishes their power and influence.
It is not for you to have control over your own destiny in their mind.

We haven't created life from scratch yet. So I don't think the Church is worried about humans encroaching in the God area and taking over that spot if that's the angle you going for.
The abortion side of things is simply protecting the defenceless and the innocent.

Wanking and contraceptives is a Church
teaching thing about the acts that produce the most sacred thing of all ... Life.

Stem cells I think is about producing something that has potential to be human for research.

Free will is a corner stone of religious belief.

Anyway I could be just missing your point things do get lost in translation.

But yes the miracle of life is a cornerstone of the Church and at the moment it's still a miracle and the Church doesn't like anyone mucking about with miracles.

Ps don't think it has anything to do with encroaching. The church sees it as wrong and it's has simple as that.

Last edited:
You're smart guy Bloods & seem to have done a lot of research.

Christians should deny evolution being taught as fact, Thats kind of the whole point of believing in GOD an not conforming to the world.

I can see people who believe in GOD are slowly but surely having their rights taken away & it's only a matter of time before religion will most likely be outlawed.

Which will make you happy seem you're anti-religion & many other non believer here who seem to be the same as you, It's pretty sad so many believers who are genuinely good people, have to cop the flak because of a minority.

if I seem anti-religious its because i am. your completely right i believe the world would be a better place without religion.
because it serves no positive purpose in the modern world. I mean seriously your denying scientific fact based on your limited interpretation of a book. you see raising children in utter ignorance, actively teaching them incorrectly because it conflicts with your beliefs about thousand year old camp-fire stories? and have the audacity to call yourself a genuinely good person? knowledge has brought us out of the dark ages discovery intervention all of it. but you would stand against it because you are smart enough to realise that if this is correct then your little book is simply wrong. and that is what makes people like you mutters far from being stupid you are aware of the clear issues and rather then face what you know this means you retreat from reality.

and this is why your wrong about the point of belief, for most Christians it is the belief in salvation, particularly protestant belief that which does away with atonement. the idea that there's a guy in sky ready to take care of you and everything will be all right, even if your a total campaigner.

as for your "rights" name one right, religious people have had taken away? really this should be good. (bonus points are available if you list your "right" to stone me for blasphemy)

Last edited:

The benefits are well documented.

It is not my job to educate bigots. Also, perhaps you should lay off the strawmen, they really don't do you any favors as far as people respecting your input.

I expect more from a mod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The benefits are well documented.

It is not my job to educate bigots. Also, perhaps you should lay off the strawmen, they really don't do you any favors as far as people respecting your input.

I expect more from a mod.
Please, if the benefits are so well documented, name a couple?

Teach this supposed 'bigot', will ya? I'm sure your sky fairy will look favourably upon this.

Please, if the benefits are so well documented, name a couple?

Teach this supposed 'bigot', will ya? I'm sure your sky fairy will look favourably upon this.

Catch a bigot a fish and he is fed for a day. Teach a bigot to catch a fish and he is fed for life. - JungleMuffin, 2015.

Or something like that.

If you're going to come into a thread (especially one of this magnitude) and express your opinion, then the onus is on you to be informed, not on me to inform you. As I said, it's hardly top secret knowledge.

I'm certainly not going to spend my time providing sources to refute the view of someone who is arguably trolling for lulz.

Catch a bigot a fish and he is fed for a day. Teach a bigot to catch a fish and he is fed for life. - JungleMuffin, 2015.

Or something like that.

If you're going to come into a thread (especially one of this magnitude) and express your opinion, then the onus is on you to be informed, not on me to inform you. As I said, it's hardly top secret knowledge.

I'm certainly not going to spend my time providing sources to refute the view of someone who is arguably trolling for lulz.
You're really struggling in this thread.

ha! I guess the irony is lost on you.

Now, how about some of this evidence you speak of? Just a tid-bit?

You mentioned it, so you can at least bring a sliver to the table.

As I said, it's not my responsibility to educate you on what is more or less common knowledge.

You can literally type 3 words into google and come up with the responses kid, maybe give it a crack eh?

As I said, it's not my responsibility to educate you on what is more or less common knowledge.
You brought it into the conversation. It's your duty to back it up with something factual. "Go look it up" is a weak stance to take.

You can literally type 3 words into google and come up with the responses kid, maybe give it a crack eh?
Ha! Kid? You're embarrassing yourself now.

You brought it into the conversation. It's your duty to back it up with something factual. "Go look it up" is a weak stance to take.

Ha! Kid? You're embarrassing yourself now.

I couldn't care less if it's a weak stance to take. I plain and simply don't have the time, or patience, to provide references for every random that cries "Sauce?" everytime they get stomped in an argument.

I'm not your mother, it is not my job to wipe your arse for you. You wear big boy pants now, I'm sure you can manage to find the exact same sources I did.

I couldn't care less if it's a weak stance to take. If plain and simply don't have the time, or patience, to provide references for every random that cries "Sauce?" everytime they get stomped in an argument.

I'm not your mother, it is not my job to wipe your arse for you. You wear big boy pants now, I'm sure you can manage to find the exact same sources I did.
Nice melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back