Religion The God Question (continued in Part 2 - link in last post)

god or advanced entity?

• god

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • advanced entity

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam and Eve were created perfect. They would've lived forever if they didn't sin. The reason the people at the start of human history lived as long as they did is because they weren't far removed from mankind's initial perfect state.

Those Sumerian Kings must have been much closer to mankind's perfect state than Adam and Eve ever were. King Alulim ruled for 28,800 years, while his successor King Alalangar ruled for 36,000 years. En-men-Lu-Ana ruled for 42,000 years.

In contrast Adam was only 930 years old when he died. Obviously far more imperfect than those ruling in Sumer.

Last edited:

Those Sumerian Kings must have been much closer to mankind's perfect state than Adam and Eve ever were. King Alulim ruled for 28,800 years, while his successor King Alalangar ruled for 36,000 years. En-men-Lu-Ana ruled for 42,000 years.

In contrast Adam was only 930 years old when he died. Obviously far more imperfect than those ruling in Sumer.

In fairness most of those sumerian were around before adam.

William H. Shea, however, suggests that Alulim may be the same person as the biblical Adam

There exists nothing more nihilistic than religion. It is a denial of this world, and through its demands of abject supplication before an absurd fantasy figure, an utter rejection of any value attached to the being of humans.
Philosophical suicide.

according to historical records of where these myths come from the Sumer texts go back as far as 3500 BC, whilst judaic texts go go back as far as 2000 BC

Yes I'm well aware of when the various texts were written. I'm talking about the personages and the fact that the Judaic text suggests that that Adam was the first man on earth. I'm also responding to the claim that Adam's long life span was due to his greater perfection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I'm to be promoted to sub-editor I expect a substantial raise.
Several posters on here have tried to get a rise out of me. You will have noted my persistent refusal to succumb to this temptation. I'll have a word with Chief. He and I are like that (gestures with two fingers).

Yes I'm well aware of when the various texts were written. I'm talking about the personages and the fact that the Judaic text suggests that that Adam was the first man on earth. I'm also responding to the claim that Adam's long life span was due to his greater perfection.
Just a thought Roylion, wouldn't Adam's alleged perfection, by definition, exclude him from being human? Shouldn't we begin a search for our first antecedent who was actually of our genus?

Just a thought Roylion, wouldn't Adam's alleged perfection, by definition, exclude him from being human? Shouldn't we begin a search for our first antecedent who was actually of our genus?

We should Skilts!

Still I believe anthropologists, genetic and molecular biologists, archaeologists and the like are working hard on that task. Perhaps we need to take into account their evidence and conclusions.

We should Skilts!

Still I believe anthropologists, genetic and molecular biologists, archaeologists and the like are working hard on that task. Perhaps we need to take into account their evidence and conclusions.
Should only take couppla days.

28,800 years sounds like a long time to be married to Eve. I've had enough after 18 years with the same woman.
Yeah but dinosaurs were around then, so if she was nagging you could have flown your pterosaur to the other side of the world to chillax, have a spot of fishing, which were probably plentiful and massive, and sometimes weird looking.

Believing in Evolution is what suits the lifestyle of many Atheists, It gives a reason to be morally unaccountable, Where people can go out get smashed every week, do drugs, pick up, live the life they desire, "Do what thou wilt"

So most people who go out and get smashed, do drugs, etc on the weekend are Atheists?

To call such flim flam 'philosophical' shows you to be far too generous.
Delicious phrase...."flimflam" puts min mind of a light chocolate crepe smothered in cream......a religion I could get into.

So most people who go out and get smashed, do drugs, etc on the weekend are Atheists?
Religious belief has stopped multitudes of loose women from getting wine sodden and knocked up sans wedlock....Mary MoG excluded of course, that was Riz's old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back