The Klopp Files

Remove this Banner Ad

This gif is underrated. One of the best of all time

jurgen-klopp-pissed.gif

Choke or no choke that Palace game was bloody marvellous (as was the Chelsea one before it to be fair).

At the cup game a few weeks ago Palace fans sung "we won you the league" at us. To which we replied "you won us the league". :)

Choke or no choke that Palace game was bloody marvellous (as was the Chelsea one before it to be fair).

At the cup game a few weeks ago Palace fans sung "we won you the league" at us. To which we replied "you won us the league". :)

Did it really matter much though?

I remember there was a huge goal difference gap that they needed to reel in.

Did it really matter much though?

I remember there was a huge goal difference gap that they needed to reel in.

It didn't matter as long as Man City won their last two games (two homes games, against Aston Villa and West Ham), which was always going to happen, or we made up a goal-difference of -9 against Man City (the reason why we were pushing forward so hard, even at 3-0 up).

It still sucked though.

Makes no sense. The league was lost against Chelsea. Realistically we needed 14 wins in a row to win the league. The fact that we came close against a side which spends money like City does was amazing in itself.

It may not have made a difference in the end but for me at the time it was a huge result. It meant that we could afford a slip up against West Ham or Villa and it was still our title to win.

That took a lot of pressure off and the ground in those two matches was pretty free from the tension you would expect from two must win games.

Besides all that it was quite funny too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the moment they lost the league.

gerrard-slip.gif

jose.gif

Sorry Jod:p
* off mate.

But you are right, it was. There was no choke against Palace. We were winning comfortably 3-0 but a win wasnt enough. We needed more and more goals as the title was in City's hands.

Was it naive to go looking for more goals? Of course. That draw took the pressure off City. We should have just won 3-0 and gone onto the last game of the season with the chance of a slip up from City.

It meant that City needed to lose on the final day, a draw was fine for them. Our title race was over when we lost at home against Chelsea which again was naive as we only needed to draw that match. Chelsea were sitting back, we should have let them. 0-0. Fine. Move on and beat Palace and Newcastle and be champions.

Oh well, nothing can be done about it now. :(

Probably a good thing you didn't win the title, apparently it would have just been a Bradbury.
I wouldnt even care if people wanted to spout that crap. I would have been ridiculously happy so the amount of *s given would have been zero.

Shame :( Maybe one day. Maybe Klopp can make it happen.

It may not have made a difference in the end but for me at the time it was a huge result. It meant that we could afford a slip up against West Ham or Villa and it was still our title to win.

That took a lot of pressure off and the ground in those two matches was pretty free from the tension you would expect from two must win games.

Besides all that it was quite funny too.

Nah it was irrelevant. You had 2 home games against sides that were safe from relegation. Luckily for City the Villa hand was rescheduled to mid week in the last round of the season when Villa were already safe. Had Villa still been fighting relegation they would have been a chance of picking up points.

Going for broke against Palace was the right thing to do, nobody expected to be challenging for the title against a team that spent as much money as City.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back