Multiplat The Last of Us

Remove this Banner Ad

The DLC is phenomenal! The story, the writing, the juxtaposition, the pacing, the atmosphere, the fun, the sadness, the gameplay. It once again manages to just be so damn perfect, I don't know how they do it, but *en hell are they good.

One thing that again works supremely well is the ability to make these environments feel and look like they have gone through a post apocalyptic hell. It's not just your usual 'demolish everything' or throw rubble around everywhere. There's so much attention to detail to every element of any area that you really feel every spot has been lived in and then trashed to hell through what has gone on. It's not surprising this DLC is 5GB+ with how many new assets have obviously been used.

Onto the story.
I loved how they played off two so different parts for the majority of the DLC. Offering on one side the story of Ellie split right in the 'missing' sections from the main game. The moment of the game that is so dark, desperate and sad. Then they place it alongside the story before the main game that is so fun, so so playful and still both offer just as much entertainment to watch and play through. The turn later in the story with Ellie and Riley story hit me like a ton of bricks, I didn't realise until I was in the latter stages what was going to happen. How they tie the moments together is genius, pure and simple.

I love the changeup in gameplay where you get to play the infected off onto the humans, that was something not really explored in the main game where it tended to be either humans or clickers and not really anything with both.

All the little nods to the main game, like the joke book, the arcade machines, the whistling, the origin of the bite. So well done, so awesome.
It kinda sucks that this is going to be the one and only story DLC for this game, as it feels like this should just be the beginning of many. Unfortunately that takes so much time and effort to create, so hopefully whatever efforts that could've been going into more DLC end up being put towards a sequel for this, as I am personally not even close to being done with this universe that has been created. I need more!!!

The DLC is phenomenal! The story, the writing, the juxtaposition, the pacing, the atmosphere, the fun, the sadness, the gameplay. It once again manages to just be so damn perfect, I don't know how they do it, but ****en hell are they good.

One thing that again works supremely well is the ability to make these environments feel and look like they have gone through a post apocalyptic hell. It's not just your usual 'demolish everything' or throw rubble around everywhere. There's so much attention to detail to every element of any area that you really feel every spot has been lived in and then trashed to hell through what has gone on. It's not surprising this DLC is 5GB+ with how many new assets have obviously been used.

Onto the story.
I loved how they played off two so different parts for the majority of the DLC. Offering on one side the story of Ellie split right in the 'missing' sections from the main game. The moment of the game that is so dark, desperate and sad. Then they place it alongside the story before the main game that is so fun, so so playful and still both offer just as much entertainment to watch and play through. The turn later in the story with Ellie and Riley story hit me like a ton of bricks, I didn't realise until I was in the latter stages what was going to happen. How they tie the moments together is genius, pure and simple.

I love the changeup in gameplay where you get to play the infected off onto the humans, that was something not really explored in the main game where it tended to be either humans or clickers and not really anything with both.

All the little nods to the main game, like the joke book, the arcade machines, the whistling, the origin of the bite. So well done, so awesome.
It kinda sucks that this is going to be the one and only story DLC for this game, as it feels like this should just be the beginning of many. Unfortunately that takes so much time and effort to create, so hopefully whatever efforts that could've been going into more DLC end up being put towards a sequel for this, as I am personally not even close to being done with this universe that has been created. I need more!!!
Interesting point re the battles combining the Clickers and Humans. I read a reddit ama with the creators of the game, and they mentioned that combining clickers and humans in fights was simply not possible due to it taking up too much space/memory in the game (a limitation of the ps3 console). I suppose that with the shortened length of the DLC, this possibility was able to come to life, and it was awesome!

Interesting point re the battles combining the Clickers and Humans. I read a reddit ama with the creators of the game, and they mentioned that combining clickers and humans in fights was simply not possible due to it taking up too much space/memory in the game (a limitation of the ps3 console). I suppose that with the shortened length of the DLC, this possibility was able to come to life, and it was awesome!
I spent as much of the DLC as I could engineering situations where they would fight each other before picking off the stragglers or sneaking past them.

I have a few question.. first of all loved the last of us game..

my brother owned out ps3 so I played the game in his account..
I bought our ps4 which I play on my account and also have ps+ on my ps4 account..

how much is the DLC?
if I buy it through my account will i be able to play it on his account?
will I run into any other problems?

Anyone else having trouble downloading the DLC? I click to download it and it says I don't have enough HDD space when I've got 10g free. I'm not sure what to do now.

I have a few question.. first of all loved the last of us game..

my brother owned out ps3 so I played the game in his account..
I bought our ps4 which I play on my account and also have ps+ on my ps4 account..

how much is the DLC?
if I buy it through my account will i be able to play it on his account?
will I run into any other problems?
DLC will work on multiple accounts as long as you install it on the account you want to play it on (you will have to log in with that account that purchased it to download it).

The DLC is $21.95.
Anyone else having trouble downloading the DLC? I click to download it and it says I don't have enough HDD space when I've got 10g free. I'm not sure what to do now.
You generally need more than double the size of the DLC for it to allow you to 'have enough space'. So you will probably have to clear off a few more GB.

That was much better than I expected but also much harder than I expected, survivor is going to frustrate the hell me.

I can't be arsed typing up all my thoughts on particular parts of the game, but it was amazing.

One thing I'll say is:

I've seen many girls give each other a little peck on the lips, just as friends. The only reason I had the 'lesbian' thing in the back of my mind was because so many people on forums were saying 'ZOMG DO YOU THINK ELLIE AND RILEY WILL B GHEY????'

Nothing in it imo.

But Bill on the other hand...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DLC will work on multiple accounts as long as you install it on the account you want to play it on (you will have to log in with that account that purchased it to download it).

The DLC is $21.95.
You generally need more than double the size of the DLC for it to allow you to 'have enough space'. So you will probably have to clear off a few more GB.

Cheers, just deleted 1GB and it worked.

how is that even possible?? lol is got 20 m/s ping, 12.55 Mbps download and 0.76 Mbps upload

u got NBN?

7708.gif

So I don't get it. I d/l the update and went in and it seemed to have an option to play the dlc, but I haven't bought it yet. I guess if I choose that it will take me to the store to d/l?

Didn't try it yet cos I'm still playing the game. Look, I know I'm extremely late to the party but * me sideways, this is one unbelievable game. I am so engrossed and immersed it's not funny. I'm glad, because my ps3 s**t itself a day after I bought this so I bought a second hand ps3 just to play this game. So the dlc is good timing!

:hearts: TLOU

Can get that speed with Cable

I get this with Telstra

View attachment 43778

is there anyway to improve those numbers? I basically signed up for broadband dodo, they sent me a modem, set it up the way the instructions said and havnt touched it since..

would a good quality modem/router improve it? settings?

is there anyway to improve those numbers? I basically signed up for broadband dodo, they sent me a modem, set it up the way the instructions said and havnt touched it since..

would a good quality modem/router improve it? settings?

Not with adsl. You'd need to go cable or fibre to get better speeds

Remove this Banner Ad

Back