3DS The Nintendo 3DS Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

n4fe78a6b22e42.png

Really disappointed with what transpired earlier today;

Completed the Majora's Mask Console pre order online (put in cart, checked out, put in card details, authorised payment, and reached an order confirmation page). I didn't receive an email regarding the order, but just assumed that their ordering system may have been a bit overloaded, so thought nothing of it. Check a few hours later while on break at work, and still no email, nor any charge for the deposit on my card. As a precaution, I shot down to my local store to try to pre order one, only to be told that they were ordered to stop offering pre orders at 5pm. After that, everything was riding on this online order. When I got home from work, I logged into my EB account, and sure enough, there was no order for the console in my order history. I'm kicking myself because I should have noted down the order number from the confirmation screen, but was just like "nah, don't worry, I'll just write it down once I get the email, if I need to".

I've contacted EB and asked them to look into this. I'm hoping there might be some fragment of bits somewhere in their system that will be related to my order. If not, it looks like I'll miss out, and I can't say I'll be rushing into getting any old New3DS, considering I could've had one months ago and was specifically waiting for this. It really takes the excitement out of the Majora's Mask launch, too.

EB tend to have some good customer service, so I'm hoping this will end well. In the meantime, I'm forced to watch the pricks who snaffled up some consoles flog them on eBay for a tainted profit, whilst people who actually want it will miss out, or have to pay through the nose.

Really disappointed with what transpired earlier today;

Completed the Majora's Mask Console pre order online (put in cart, checked out, put in card details, authorised payment, and reached an order confirmation page). I didn't receive an email regarding the order, but just assumed that their ordering system may have been a bit overloaded, so thought nothing of it. Check a few hours later while on break at work, and still no email, nor any charge for the deposit on my card. As a precaution, I shot down to my local store to try to pre order one, only to be told that they were ordered to stop offering pre orders at 5pm. After that, everything was riding on this online order. When I got home from work, I logged into my EB account, and sure enough, there was no order for the console in my order history. I'm kicking myself because I should have noted down the order number from the confirmation screen, but was just like "nah, don't worry, I'll just write it down once I get the email, if I need to".

I've contacted EB and asked them to look into this. I'm hoping there might be some fragment of bits somewhere in their system that will be related to my order. If not, it looks like I'll miss out, and I can't say I'll be rushing into getting any old New3DS, considering I could've had one months ago and was specifically waiting for this. It really takes the excitement out of the Majora's Mask launch, too.

EB tend to have some good customer service, so I'm hoping this will end well. In the meantime, I'm forced to watch the pricks who snaffled up some consoles flog them on eBay for a tainted profit, whilst people who actually want it will miss out, or have to pay through the nose.

I wouldn't stress too much.

Seems to be a bit of a marketing trend with EB games. Things sell out quickly, then the get another "limited" batch. This has happened with Titanfall LE and Smash Bros. 3DS console.

A good way to shift more units. I'm sure in a week or two there will be some more consoles for pre ordering.

I'm really worried I missed out on the Collectors Edition MM3D :( I went into my local EB Games two days after the game was announced and asked to pre-order the Collectors Edition, they said they didn't know if we were getting a special edition but put in my pre-order anyway ... if they didn't have a Collectors Edition on their system then I wonder if I still get it ... ugh. Might go in this weekend and double check.

I had no idea the collectors edition of Zelda was announced for Aus...!! shite!!

I don't think they ever did announce anything, my friend asked his local EB games and they said nothing is announced, he asked for months and yesterday when he went in to pre-order the MM 3DS he asked again and they said they sold out before Christmas ... errr. Very annoying.

It was probably only confirmed in a single Nintendo AU/NZ tweet.

I called up VR Distribution, who Nintendo use to sell off to a bunch of wholesalers, they told me Gametraders and Shin Tokyo in Adelaide will have the special edition. So call up VR (08) 8234 1355 and see who's getting it in your city. I called both stores and neither knew about getting it. Might change closer to the release date... might just be impossible to find them. I bet EB games staff keep most of the shipments of this rare s**t and are the ones selling them on eBay.

Last edited:
Who'd you go through?

The Gametraders guy I spoke to was such a dickhead, when I asked about the Special Edition he was like "it doesn't seem that good anyway man just has a poster n stuff man".. like anyone gives a s**t what he thinks about it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds stupid if I just say 'I know a guy'.... without adding that he owns a game retailer.
It sounds like supplies are pretty much sapped everywhere now though & the only hope is more stock comes through & is allocated to the stores somehow

I don't think they ever did announce anything, my friend asked his local EB games and they said nothing is announced, he asked for months and yesterday when he went in to pre-order the MM 3DS he asked again and they said they sold out before Christmas ... errr. Very annoying.
It sold out despite there being no advertising online.

that sucks. my local EB is the swanston st store which has the nintendo experience store incorporated. they are pretty on the ball with all this info and provide live updates via their facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ebgamesswanstonstvic

Update on my earlier post:

I was told what effectively amounted to "tough s**t". I understand that there's not much that can be done when it's "sold out", but given that they would have a decent number held aside in reserve, in case of faulty models, order errors (i.e mine, I would have thought) and more, I would've liked if they could have offered one of those. Instead, I was told to try stores from now, up until the release date, in the hope that someone cancels their order, which isn't going to happen.

I'm going to go into EB Games and check which one they have me down for, I hope it is the collectors editon *crosses fingers*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back