The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun Liberal Party pulling porkies again.

HS says AG report said Gove overstated cost of $6.9b when it was actually according to HS $4.9b

That’s blatant bs because the report said actual cost was $5.9b .

The two Dept Heads said $6.9b figure was upper end ie worst case. They stated costs b/w 6-7b which was fairly accurate

Also the report states …

View attachment 1934275

That was 7 months after the ‘22 election. Where in the report does it say the govt lied?? HS lying again

$589m cost to cancel was high but better option than spending/wasting billions more
How about not doing it in the first place and not looking like a bunch of clowns.

I mean kind of but not really.

I can still go shop in several locations. Not to mention it's not costing me the figures you're talking about there.
Well yes, but the fact there are only 2 major chains makes competition stifled and prices do not go down

I mean kind of but not really.

I can still go shop in several locations. Not to mention it's not costing me the figures you're talking about there.
Have you not seen food inflation in Australia over the last four years and are you not limited to 3 or 4 shops to buy food from ex markets?

Have you not seen food inflation in Australia over the last four years and are you not limited to 3 or 4 shops to buy food from ex markets?
Need an Asda to drive down prices. Used to love buying my lunches from there, could make 5 lunches for 2 pounds.

Yeah I have. We can buy food, fruit/veg in several locations where I live. There's no doubt it's expensive but again, nowhere close to the car insurance that we were talking about.

And there is collusion between the big 2 so theres not much point shopping around.

We need more competition or nothing is going to change.

And there is collusion between the big 2 so theres not much point shopping around.

There's almost no chance of this happening. Who's going to try and take them on when they're so established?

Aldi has found a foothold to an extent. Costco works at times as well.

We always go local butcher/fruit veg etc where we can.

I still can't work out how exclusivity contracts with stores are allowed under law, such as Ryobi with Bunnings.

There's almost no chance of this happening. Who's going to try and take them on when they're so established?

Aldi has found a foothold to an extent. Costco works at times as well.

We always go local butcher/fruit veg etc where we can.
Agree it sadly wont happen, but its the only way for change.

Im lucky i can get most of my stuff at wholesale prices through work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't seen construction prices so I'm not sure he has!

Yeah I have. We can buy food, fruit/veg in several locations where I live. There's no doubt it's expensive but again, nowhere close to the car insurance that we were talking about.
I think if you compared the increase in percentage terms you may be surprised.

Hey! They got caught out by the ACCC for that.
Sure, they got gauged by the two of them whilst purchasing the wet lettuce leaf to slap them with.

but they got caught!!! :drunk:

How about not doing it in the first place and not looking like a bunch of clowns.
You're giving Chairman Dan thinking dumbo (he's got elephant ears) would be smart enough to think of this.
Stupid ALP lifer never held a real job in his life.

I think if you compared the increase in percentage terms you may be surprised.
Oh it's substantial, it's still not insuring a car by paying 75% of it's total value every year.

Put it this way, I can still afford to eat whatever I like, there's no way in hell I'd be owning a car over there though.

Need an Asda to drive down prices. Used to love buying my lunches from there, could make 5 lunches for 2 pounds.

We've got Costco but that only works when buying in large numbers. Not for me personally.

I find plenty of bargains at NQR but there aren't that many of them around anymore.

We've got Costco but that only works when buying in large numbers. Not for me personally.

I find plenty of bargains at NQR but there aren't that many of them around anymore.
We've got 5 supermarket chains in Ireland, including Lidl and Aldi which are reasonably popular. It definitely helps keep the prices down. Went to Coles just before and couldn't believe how expensive some s**t is in comparison to back home. Spent $20 on Bananas, Mayo, Tomatoes, Milk and a Pepsi Max. Can get that in Ireland for about $15 AUD

We're apparently listed as a future Costco location so keen for that to go ahead.

Our two NQR's are both rather ordinary.

We're apparently listed as a future Costco location so keen for that to go ahead.

Our two NQR's are both rather ordinary.
You shopping at Costco

Kt013U7YoM5GrilubU5FEwhLab0=.gif

We've got 5 supermarket chains in Ireland, including Lidl and Aldi which are reasonably popular. It definitely helps keep the prices down. Went to Coles just before and couldn't believe how expensive some s**t is in comparison to back home. Spent $20 on Bananas, Mayo, Tomatoes, Milk and a Pepsi Max. Can get that in Ireland for about $15 AUD

Lidl was heading to Aus and pulled out. They poached a mate of mine to work a management job, that's how far advanced they were. Also purchased land and had plans drawn up to build supermarkets.

Lidl was heading to Aus and pulled out. They poached a mate of mine to work a management job, that's how far advanced they were. Also purchased land and had plans drawn up to build supermarkets.

When was this? Have you got links to why Lidl pulled out of the Australian market?

When was this? Have you got links to why Lidl pulled out of the Australian market?

Don't know why they pulled out but they had got as far as purchasing land / hiring staff.

They would have made an absolute motza during covid if they stayed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back