Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, I didn't phrase that very well. It's the attitude around gun ownership in the US that interests me and while I understand these incidents are still in the minority I still struggle with the whole

"We are big supporters of firearms around here," Sheriff White told KETV"
It's ingrained in the culture. Much like binge drinking (which is completely baffling to people in some places) is in Australia or religious fundamentalism is in some other places.

Indoctrination is extremely powerful in young children.

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/flo...y-shoots-himself/story-fndir2ev-1227194078227

In the meantime Simple Jack another kids loses their life. I do understand what you mean though but if you are going to allow it then at least put strict laws in place to try and prevent these types of tragedies occurring
Says who? Some guy in another country?

That's just like some Saudi guy telling you that women shouldn't be allowed to drive in Australia. It seems totally reasonable to him but it's totally unreasonable here.

Different cultures can be very different.

Edit: I'll add that I agree with you that I find the whole situation ridiculous. But that's not really the point.

Says who? Some guy in another country?

That's just like some Saudi guy telling you that women shouldn't be allowed to drive in Australia. It seems totally reasonable to him but it's totally unreasonable here.

Different cultures can be very different.

Edit: I'll add that I agree with you that I find the whole situation ridiculous. But that's not really the point.

No, people in their own country. Mine was an opinion - I doubt my influence extends that far, I can't even get my kids to do what I ask.
I'm just surprised that it isn't stricter and then again having done absolutely no research on the matter, there could in fact be such conditions already in place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, people in their own country. Mine was an opinion - I doubt my influence extends that far, I can't even get my kids to do what I ask.
I'm just surprised that it isn't stricter and then again having done absolutely no research on the matter, there could in fact be such conditions already in place
True, but there are people who go against the grain in every country. And clearly not enough Americans want gun control to force the politicians to do something about it. The gun lobby is very powerful there.

WTF?
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/01/the-vajankle-is-a-fleshlight-foot-you-can-*/
qzusjj1hg4idcl1iuk4v.png

Why in the days of internet banking a transaction wont go through till Tuesday because of a public holiday.
The worst!!

You'd think it would be able to clear straight away via electronic payment.

There was a guy outside subi Centro with a sign "I have cancer, please give"

Now I'm not a callous person and I'm not adverse to giving a "beggar" some coin but I just wondered if the fact that he said he had cancer improved his lot because for mine it did nothing but leave me feeling confused and not very giving

Would "I have cancer" encourage you to donate more than the standard homeless or unemployed sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back