Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about this one is speed. The quicker you are off the plane the quicker you get your bags, the quicker you get through immigration and the quicker you get well earnt first holiday beer. It is really surprising how efficiently a plane is unloaded especially in Asian countries.

in azn countries baggage comes on even quicker than passengers do (most times). its amazing.

I agree to an extent, some of the priorities seem off and in my opinion channel 7 reporting the Clarkson incident before Nepal was worst of all. However, while the earthquake in Nepal was incredibly tragic, what else can you report on except that it happened? There have been stories about miraculous survivors days after it happened, but what else really is there to say? People have donated and everybody knows it happened.

The executions were news because they were contentious. There were people on both sides and it was the culmination of a decade long story. Of course it was going to occupy a fair amount of news time.

And people love royal babies. Hardly surprising at this point.

Talking about the earthquake with friends and hadn't spent much time reading into it. Log onto news.com and top two stories were about the scum smugglers. Promptly lost my s**t. On that note what is deal
with massive outpouring of grief for these two. I mean candle light vigils around the country. Give me f**king break

Talking about the earthquake with friends and hadn't spent much time reading into it. Log onto news.com and top two stories were about the scum smugglers. Promptly lost my s**t. On that note what is deal
with massive outpouring of grief for these two. I mean candle light vigils around the country. Give me f**king break
What did you expect?

What did you expect?

Reply I was expecting. You google news and it is the first result, so you would hope for a little less of this insular bullsh*t. Not isolated to just them. Rarely watch the news on telly but did a week or so ago on 7 I think and the first ten minutes was dedicated to these blokes. Reinforced my total dislike for the mainstream. Almost sickening how for a country full of well travelled and open minded individuals people can still stomach this garbage.

Because Indonesia is so wrong when they uphold their own clear and undisputed laws. The sanctity of human life must be prioritised over the idiocy of human life. [/sarcasm]

Over 350 lb, eat free. **** me.

Liking the 24 oz beers though. That's just over 700 mL for those who don't speak 1800s.
And if you finish one burger, you can get another free!

What about the Octuplet burger? 8 patties, 40 slices of bacon cooked in lard, a whole tomato, 8 slices of cheese... with a side of flatliner fries cooked in lard, and one of those shakes with butterfat cream! That wouldn't be less than 25-30,000 calories

On the Indonesian executions, one thing that I can't get over is the case of Martin Anderson. The bloke was caught with 50 grams of heroin and was accused of being a drug dealer and cops the death penalty. Other than the whole 'you probably shouldn't be using death by firing squad in 2015' thing, I'm not that invested in all this, but his case just seems ridiculous.

Maybe he was involved in some s**t - he was there on a fake passport - but still, it's pretty ****ed up that the two Australians, the French bloke and #maryjane get all this attention (although maybe the latter two do deserve the help) yet no one really seems to care that someone just got killed for possessing 50 grams.

And if you finish one burger, you can get another free!

What about the Octuplet burger? 8 patties, 40 slices of bacon cooked in lard, a whole tomato, 8 slices of cheese... with a side of flatliner fries cooked in lard, and one of those shakes with butterfat cream! That wouldn't be less than 25-30,000 calories
Only go for that if you've given up on life.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

newspaper-burgerhigh.jpg

I don't think any one person would attempt the $1,000 one, but people manage to eat the slightly less ridiculous burgers (10 patties etc.).

After an hour of high intensity exercise (I'm not a big guy) I reckon I could maybe eat a burger with 500g of beef in it at a stretch. Then I'd lie on the couch for hours.

How people eat stuff that is 1kg+ of meat I have no idea...

Football terminology I don't understand.

In recent years the channel 7 commentary team use a term called "coal face" when referencing certain moments of matches. Can someone explain to me WTF they are actually talking about ? It's not a reference to mud on players faces :p.

I originally thought (well assumed) they said goal face, that was until this weekend where I actually read the term coal face in the paper over the weekend.

Football terminology I don't understand.

In recent years the channel 7 commentary team use a term called "coal face" when referencing certain moments of matches. Can someone explain to me WTF they are actually talking about ? It's not a reference to mud on players faces :p.

I originally thought (well assumed) they said goal face, that was until this weekend where I actually read the term coal face in the paper over the weekend.

Sounds like a war term.

Also, with your viewing of the GF that many times, how long 'til you go to 427 viewings to surpass Tucky's games record?

Sounds like a war term.

Also, with your viewing of the GF that many times, how long 'til you go to 427 viewings to surpass Tucky's games record?

Some time away yet.... maybe never ? I would like to get to 250 (been in the 240's for weeks now :p), had the number in mind once I reached the 200 milestone ages ago... wanted to get to the same amount of games that Luke Hodge has played.

427* would be a nice number, but while I will re-watch the match again in the future, I don't think that I will watch it with the same ferociousness as I have in the past.

Sci fi/fantasy nerds, usually female, who 'ship' George R R Martin and JK Rowking (shipping is an erotic, often sexually graphic fan fiction coupling of two fictional characters, usually)

:eek:

Some time away yet.... maybe never ? I would like to get to 250 (been in the 240's for weeks now :p), had the number in mind once I reached the 200 milestone ages ago... wanted to get to the same amount of games that Luke Hodge has played.
You'll have a few weeks to catch up to his current number ;)

Only been in the UK a few months now on a temporary visa and am allowed to vote in this week's election due to working here and being from a commonwealth nation. Meanwhile non commonwealth natives must become a resident before being allowed to vote, despite Europeans making up a large portion of London (and the rest of the UK). Why do I have more of a say just because i'm from australia and not italy, france, USA etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back