Pets Things that please me

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ended up getting the GF DVD for 180 bucks off an online retailer, it's as cheap as I could get it (includes shipping). Came in less than 2 days!

Have just chucked on the 2009 GF, love this game and can't wait to watch it with MMM commentary.:)

When did they start giving alternate commentaries for the GF DVDs? I was hoping there may be one for 1997, but alas no.

Yes, it is hard. Once you put it on it's hard to lose - especially as you get older, your life gets busier, and your metabolism slows down.

I put on about 5-10kgs in my mid 20s and I still struggle to keep it off. I am very glad I have never been severely overweight.
Yeah I'm finding this is becoming me now. However, I haven't deviated from 78kg for a good couple of years now, and that's despite going to the gym less as I've started working, and still eating a fair bit of s**t (a little healthier now though).

Still reasonably fit though, can clock just over 11 minutes for a 3km run.

Ended up getting the GF DVD for 180 bucks off an online retailer, it's as cheap as I could get it (includes shipping). Came in less than 2 days!

Have just chucked on the 2009 GF, love this game and can't wait to watch it with MMM commentary.:)

When did they start giving alternate commentaries for the GF DVDs? I was hoping there may be one for 1997, but alas no.

2001 was the first year they had alternate radio commentaries, from memory.

Also not sure if the set is "on special", but I think it's the regular price (makes sense as to how it came down to $120 after the 25% off sale from December 26th - January 14th) but it scanned in at $160 at Target. I was curious about the price so I scanned a copy when i walked past the dvd area last Tuesday, was mainly interested in seeing the different number editions that they had (being that the set is supposed to be limited to 4000). A lot of the copies I have seen are in the 2900 range (JB Hifi and Target stores in different suburbs). My copy is 1945.

Last edited:
2001 was the first year they had alternate radio commentaries, from memory.

Also not sure if the set is "on special", but I think it's the regular price (makes sense as to how it came down to $120 after the 25% off sale from December 26th - January 14th) but it scanned in at $160 at Target. I was curious about the price so I scanned a copy when i walked past the dvd area, was mainly interested in seeing the different number editions that they had (being that the set is supposed to be limited to 4000). A lot of the copies I have seen are in the 2900 range (JB Hifi and Target stores in different suburbs).
Yeah mine is in the high 3000s range. Amazing how much the Saints dominated the first half but kept blowing golden opportunities in front of goal, they should have won that year. Schneider missed one from the top of the square in the first, McQualter from a similar position in the 2nd, a couple of missed set shots from inside 30m..... Could have been a 5 goal margin at half time and nearly game over with heavy rain in the 2nd half.

NSWCROW weight loss update.

Lost 4 kilos in the 3 weeks since my last doctors appt.
118.5kg now
Lost 3cm off the waist too.

Have started eating 2 pieces of dry toast for brekky and on only1 pack of twisties instead of 3 :thumbsu:

Yes, it is hard. Once you put it on it's hard to lose - especially as you get older, your life gets busier, and your metabolism slows down.

I put on about 5-10kgs in my mid 20s and I still struggle to keep it off. I am very glad I have never been severely overweight.

I am one that didn't really obsess over my weight (as in weigh myself weekly), once every couple of weeks / sometimes months was enough. I'd say I stacked on 20+ kilos over the years after I finished high school. I have been losing some, but gaining it back over time, lose it again, gain it back. Funny thing is that in 2014 I bucked the trend - normally would drop it in summer due to being more active and put it back on when hibernate in winter. In 2014 I lost 10kg's in the winter months (not a faulty scale either I weighed myself on different scales to confirm).

Everyone tells me that my eating habits (bread being the culprit) are my down fall. If I didn't eat bread on a regular basis, I could possibly be thinner than I am now. Take away bread and I am left with little else to chow down on. A lot of my friends are the gym type that are too focused on their bodies - something I am not. I have a pretty good fitness base.

Not meaning to be rude for people trying to lose weight and what not but is it really that hard?

Stop eating s**t and start exercising. Not rocket science
Do you eat healthy everyday?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Try to. and if I was fat and wanted to lose weight, I would try even harder
You "try to", so it means you don't.

Yeah, people do that as well, yet they probably gain weight by even just sticking to the same diet regiment as you. Not everyone's built the same.

It's easy said than done
If you're strong enough, you'll be able to
You "try to", so it means you don't.

Yeah, people do that as well, yet they probably gain weight by even just sticking to the same diet regiment as you. Not everyone's built the same.
I can't the remember the last time I had takeaway (bar subway). Would be over a month. I bet anyone who eats my diet (which isn't even that good) wouldn't be overweight

If you're strong enough, you'll be able to

I can't the remember the last time I had takeaway (bar subway). Would be over a month. I bet anyone who eats my diet (which isn't even that good) wouldn't be overweight
You'd be wrong.

Even eating something as stupid as a bit too much white rice or bread can lead to inability to lose weight for some.

People make excuses not to eat healthy. It's not that hard to follow a decent eating plan that consists of high protein, good fats and a moderate amount of low GI carbs. People who eat a s**t load of sugar and processed foods are generally the ones who complain about not being able to lose weight. It really isn't that hard, however people will continue to make excuses and eat s**t because it's the easy thing to do.

You'd be surprised how little it takes to put on weight once you get older, and how difficult it is to get rid of.

A small number are blessed with good metabolisms. Another small number are in active jobs that allow them to keep fit naturally.

The rest of us watch what we eat religiously and exercise like mad, or get fat. Sometimes both.

If you think you're not going to be 5-10 kilos heavier at the end of your 20s than at the beginning, you're probably kidding yourself. Pretty much everyone is.

You'd be wrong.

Even eating something as stupid as a bit too much white rice or bread can lead to inability to lose weight for some.
"Bit too much" makes it sound like they have had an extra slice of bread as a once off. They should be exchanging that white rice for brown rice for start

People make excuses not to eat healthy. It's not that hard to follow a decent eating plan that consists of high protein, good fats and a moderate amount of low GI carbs. People who eat a s**t load of sugar and processed foods are generally the ones who complain about not being able to lose weight. It really isn't that hard, however people will continue to make excuses and eat s**t because it's the easy thing to do.
I eat a shitload of sugar and processed foods, but I also exercise semi-regularly and stay fit. I'd still be able to outrun a lot of people who would eat healthier than me, but don't have the fitness base I've built up from years of swimming. I'm never going to have a six pack, and I could lose a couple of kilos, but I'm happy with my weight. I don't like fruit either, but have tried to eat a lot more veges as I've got older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back