Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly you aren't all about that bass
Bass?
LBF_spotted_bass.jpg

Good message? What?

Song 1 - it's OK to be fat
Song 2 - men are liars

Yep, she's a wonderful role model.
No clue about the second song but that's not how I've interpreted the first song and depending on what you mean by fat, I would say it is okay.

No clue about the second song but that's not how I've interpreted the first song and depending on what you mean by fat, I would say it is okay.

Cliffs for the second one are that if your lips are moving then you are lying.

How did you interpret the first song? 'Don't worry about your size' doesn't exactly promote healthy body image.

I wouldn't say encouraging obesity is a good message
And where does it encourage obesity?

Don't be an idiot and think anything other than the Hollywood skinny is "obesity".

Cliffs for the second one are that if your lips are moving then you are lying.

How did you interpret the first song? 'Don't worry about your size' doesn't exactly promote healthy body image.
Errrr yes it does.

Or do you think eating disorders are healthy?

It's about being happy with what you were born with - tall, short, no arse, big arse etc. and that so much is fake and impossible to emulate

Don't know where anybody gets the idea she is promoting obesity - talk about clutching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You may be right about the message it's "meant" to send but like Mika's "Big Girls" song, people will use it to justify their obesity and inflate their own idea of their self worth
Then how is that on the onus of those who make the song, and not on those who use something irrelevant to promote their own unhealthy lifestyle?

Clearly you aren't all about that bass 'bout that bass no treble.

Legit thought the last word was trouble

#hipster

Edit - appears I wasn't the only one

Also, while we are on things like this. An article appeared in the Herald Sun yesterday, written by a woman, calling Jamie Oliver a dickhead because he punishes his child using chilli.

Could you imagine the uproar if a man could a woman a dumb bitch in an article?
Just read this now. The overriding theme of the article comes when Wendy delivers the news that hundreds of thousands of Aussie mums and dads have always wanted to hear.

All you have to do is talk to your kids - and the problems will go away.

It shouldn't be but it's obvious what will happen
It still makes no sense to the point of being just as illogical as those who use irrelevant material to promote their obesity.

I'm also of the opinion that people can do whatever the * they want to their body and if they want to live an unhealthy lifestyle then go ahead, although expect whatever negative thing that occurs from it.

And those who fat shame because they think they're doing them good, aren't, and are just dickheads.

It's about being happy with what you were born with - tall, short, no arse, big arse etc. and that so much is fake and impossible to emulate

Don't know where anybody gets the idea she is promoting obesity - talk about clutching

Nah, it's a song predominantly about "booty". Not too many Miranda Kerrs in the video clip.

Not sure pink hair and inch thick make-up sells a message much of an anti-fakeness message either.

Just read this now. The overriding theme of the article comes when Wendy delivers the news that hundreds of thousands of Aussie mums and dads have always wanted to hear.

All you have to do is talk to your kids - and the problems will go away.
That's too logical for people.

Been trying to get rid of heaps of s**t from my fb news feed but this morning it wouldnt let me "hide all from news.com.au". campaigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back