Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately work. It is hard enough as it is without people creating unnecessary bullsh**. Honestly part of my job description must involve in the finer print solving problems and watering down problems that were unnecessarily created in the first place.

im thinking deeply about my time at uni, a number of years ago. a long time ago. intro tutes.....yes i recall one tutor saying she forgot something and left the room and asked everyone to introduce themselves to each other and talk amongst ourselves. it was awkward, so i broke the silence. other person replied. i looked around and it was like people watching tennis, heads moved back and forth between speakers.

as a freshman the concept of mixing with unfamiliar persons is daunting. for years you have manouvered yourself into a clique at school, and now you gotta do it again.

im thinking deeply about my time at uni, a number of years ago. a long time ago. intro tutes.....yes i recall one tutor saying she forgot something and left the room and asked everyone to introduce themselves to each other and talk amongst ourselves. it was awkward, so i broke the silence. other person replied. i looked around and it was like people watching tennis, heads moved back and forth between speakers.

as a freshman the concept of mixing with unfamiliar persons is daunting. for years you have manouvered yourself into a clique at school, and now you gotta do it again.

Oh so this!

I went through a stage where I was having nightmares that I failed Uni and spent all this time running around floors trying to convince lecturers that I had handed the work in.

I really struggled with the jump from HS to Uni...it was probably the loneliest I have ever felt in my life....all these people around, who were total strangers.

I feel sad now thinking about it...and it was 1987! :cry:

Whenever I am eating something in the office, people ask what it is, or say something like "gee that looks like a big meal"

They also comment on my clothing, which ******* shits me, not because of what I'm wearing...but they can get away with it because I'm a 22 year old skinny bloke.

If I turned to one of the (numerous) fourty plus, overweight men or women and said

"s**t mate, looks like a decent serve of Carbonara" or "I dunno about those pants, are they a bit tight fitting?"

It's found offensive.

* off and mind your own business.

Morons who use the hack line '......say hi' - for example, you mention Sabbath is in your opinion the best band of the 70s and some jerkoff chimes in with 'Led Zeppelin and The Eagles say hi'. Oh yeah, do they? You get it.... that's so clever, because a band is saying hi to you to let you know they should be considered and are just waving hello to remind you they are around. Ugh, that is the f****** worst.

Also, when (usually the same type of person) uses the other hack line '(insert random year) called and they want their joke back'. Did they really?

Morons who use the hack line '......say hi' - for example, you mention Sabbath is in your opinion the best band of the 70s and some jerkoff chimes in with 'Led Zeppelin and The Eagles say hi'. Oh yeah, do they? You get it.... that's so clever, because a band is saying hi to you to let you know they should be considered and are just waving hello to remind you they are around. Ugh, that is the f****** worst.

Also, when (usually the same type of person) uses the other hack line '(insert random year) called and they want their joke back'. Did they really?
1982 says hi and they want their joke back.

This video gave me an insight on how low some people are. Walking past a young kid with only a garbage to keep him warm in shocking conditions. Not giving a s**t about him as they are going by their daily routine. It took a homeless man to go up to him to ask how he was and offering him his very own jacket and money to that kid! That homeless guy deserved the $500 he received from the producers as he was only person decent enough to give when himself didn't have much.

jerkstore-1.jpg

It's not much easier now.

Clubs may be more prevalent, which is good because it's where you probably where you create genuine friendships.

Unfortunately, I go to a uni with only one club.

And making friends in classes is pretty much a roll of the dice, as having 1 or 2 classes with someone for 10 weeks is s**t all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever I am eating something in the office, people ask what it is, or say something like "gee that looks like a big meal"

They also comment on my clothing, which ******* shits me, not because of what I'm wearing...but they can get away with it because I'm a 22 year old skinny bloke.

If I turned to one of the (numerous) fourty plus, overweight men or women and said

"s**t mate, looks like a decent serve of Carbonara" or "I dunno about those pants, are they a bit tight fitting?"

It's found offensive.

**** off and mind your own business.
... what are you wearing?

It's not much easier now.

Clubs may be more prevalent, which is good because it's where you probably where you create genuine friendships.

Unfortunately, I go to a uni with only one club.

And making friends in classes is pretty much a roll of the dice, as having 1 or 2 classes with someone for 10 weeks is s**t all.
You always say "yeah won't lose touch, catch up for a few beers etc etc" but you never do.

Just got an sms from vodafail

" Remember to recharge by the 2nd of march for a free hand-shandy/small northern town/million dollars caaaaaaaaash "

* looks at date.......*

sost.gif

When individual pages of BF threads get blocked by the interwebs filter at work. latest one is the "violence in society" thread on SRP

i think we must use these categories:
http://mss.ms/datasheet/websense/Websense_URLCategories.pdf

the reason for blockage:

Sex
Sites that depict or graphically describe sexual acts or activity, including exhibitionism; also sites offering direct links to such sites.

Sitting at a red arrow to turn right when theres no traffic at all
Pedestrian crossings are just as bad if you just miss the light going green. You hit the button you wait for no reason then the green man appears.
Seems to be worse at new traffic light installations and some old ones that have been fiddled with.

I was on the Maroondah Hwy walking East at the railway station carpark. It took a good 3 minutes to before the pedestrian light went green. That was just to cross a road with width of 4 meters. No one was waiting on to turn on both sides of the intersection.

They re did the Webb St/Princes Hwy intersection recently. Before the rebuild you could cross the Highway in one go. Now unless you are Usain Bolt it takes two cycles. 1 to get halfway across then the other to get the rest of the way.

Billboard for 'The Block' near my place that says 'We Will Block You'

Waiting for Boris to put a new record out

Script spoilers for the new Terminator film - plot sounds horrible

People that say 'gimme the deets' instead of details

A 600ml bottle of water at Adelaide Oval cost $5

V8 car racing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back