Society & Culture Things that s**t me part X- The Tenth edition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how is a show/movie well written? correct punctuation, english?
I'll use How To Get Away With Murder for example

Firstly, the way Annalise Keating is written is sublime. She has a hard edge to her character and she's cool as a cucumber to the public. We're made to believe she's the biggest badass that exists in their world, and nothing can get in her way. However, 3 episodes in, we start to see her behind closed doors, what she's like when the night rolls out and she's by herself, away from the public. Her character changes, but not in a way you believe she has bipolar, but in a way that's real, that shows humanity and ultimately makes her believable and more than just a character but an actual person.

Secondly, the legal cases are complex enough for you consider them interesting and unique, but also well explained that you can follow along and understand how and why they do things. The shows ability to mix and alternate between the lecture and then able to use the theories presented in the lecture, to be used then practically in the court house or on cases is perfect and, in a way, it's like an engaging lecture of it's own/

Thirdly, the show's ability to take one scene (the murder scenes) and shoot them from different angles, taking into account different perspectives of the people and present them over the course of a few episodes. This is all while maintaining a storyline structure which doesn't confuse the viewer as to what's going on, and paints a strong picture of the overall event through tidbits that makes you remember, until it reaches the complete rendition of what happened come episode 9.

Firstly, the way Annalise Keating is written is sublime. She has a hard edge to her character and she's cool as a cucumber to the public. We're made to believe she's the biggest badass that exists in their world, and nothing can get in her way. However, 3 episodes in, we start to see her behind closed doors, what she's like when the night rolls out and she's by herself, away from the public. Her character changes, but not in a way you believe she has bipolar, but in a way that's real, that shows humanity and ultimately makes her believable and more than just a character but an actual person.

Secondly, the legal cases are complex enough for you consider them interesting and unique, but also well explained that you can follow along and understand how and why they do things. The shows ability to mix and alternate between the lecture and then able to use the theories presented in the lecture, to be used then practically in the court house or on cases is perfect and, in a way, it's like an engaging lecture of it's own/

Thirdly, the show's ability to take one scene (the murder scenes) and shoot them from different angles, taking into account different perspectives of the people and present them over the course of a few episodes. This is all while maintaining a storyline structure which doesn't confuse the viewer as to what's going on, and paints a strong picture of the overall event through tidbits that makes you remember, until it reaches the complete rendition of what happened come episode 9.
You're only halfway in, a lot more surprises to come.

i like your second point. and i can comprehend the use of well written. before i just thought it was an off the cuff remark reviewers used to sound intelligent, deep and engaged.

1. Wait until later on in the series, you'll see how she changes once time catches up to the murder scene.

2. It came off as though she was asking the students how to solve these issues because she couldn't be ****ed. It was a good way to tie it in, but I felt those questions could've been asked in the office. It would have been more realistic.

3. It was nice, the way they continued to reveal more information as episodes went, but it became repetitive. I also felt that there were too many close calls with the murder and disposal.

1. Wait until later on in the series, you'll see how she changes once time catches up to the murder scene.
I don't think she changes.

She's just like the rest of us. We put on a brave face in public, but deep down, behind the covers, we're all just an absolute wreck.

The episode when her mum visits was extremely realistic, and is a reason why this show is great, it's horrifying because of how real it is (in some scenarios).

2. It came off as though she was asking the students how to solve these issues because she couldn't be stuffed. It was a good way to tie it in, but I felt those questions could've been asked in the office. It would have been more realistic.
I wasn't talking about the questions. I was talking about her theories like, discrediting the witness, finding an alternative suspect, bury the evidence. She then applies the same theory to her current case.

When she asks the questions, she was doing it to basically brain storm ideas. Like the first episode, when everybody had to come up with a way to prove x is not guilty, she then decides that none of them are better than her own. Later, she uses it as a way to give hidden messages in some instances.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw an ad on channel ten for some shitty spelling bee reality show. * me, when will it end. You've got parents on there in tears over their kids spelling words out in front of an audience.

safe_image.php

^this guy. Today's reply to Sunrise's Cash Cow. This kind of stuff reminds me of this:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back