Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

Splitting bills. I don't really drink alcohol, so I don't think I should pay for others to drink. Paying for your share when eating out only seems fair.
So you don't buy your mates a drink?
I've got no issues with splitting bills, after all I am eating with family or friends so if I chip in a little to their costs its all good.

I hate filling up my petrol tank then having to pay $75-100. I get $20-25 each time, unless I'm heading into Melbourne. I probably don't save anything but then again I probably use my car less knowing I haven't got much fuel.
The car would be lighter so in that respect you'd be saving money.

Was cleaning up the other day and found a 1999 calendar and the dates are the same as 2010.:thumbsu:

KFC is probably my favourite food yet I've never bought it without using those coupons that come in the junk mail

I too grab the 2 cents free fuel when possible as well as giving the nozzle a shake and filling up on cheapo tuesdays (is it still tuesday or is it now wednesday? can someone let me know please), and all this despite the fact my car is a V8 and cops a flogging most of the time which all but renders my fuel savings efforts useless. I guess I'm just a creature of habit

I use coupons regularly, re-use teabags, etc. and I think this could be considered tight arse behaviour. (Rather I just think its clever).

However eating grapes before you pay for them or changing the appearance of tomatoes to get them cheaper is simply stealing.

hahaha!
Love it.
I had a mate who only smoked Guden Garan, Indian Herbal cigs, blech smelled and tasted like exotic mammal crap, just so no-one would scab off him. Later in life he was bemoaning his lack of youthfull sexual partners...hahaha....we told him why.

Scrimp at your own peril.:D

I think you mean "GUDANG GARAM", which is Indonesian? But yes, they stink to high heaven. :eek:

They're also the type that'll bring up the drink they (finally) managed to buy you six months ago, and that you still owe them that $7.50. The worst part is that they can somehow manage to make you look like the tightarse.

Got a mate like this..

He asked another mate of mine to buy him a McDonalds meal as he shouted him one "in round 7 last year". This happened to be round 4 the following season. Yes, he remembered the round, the opponent that round and the meal (it was a large cheeseburger meal for those interested).
He's a top bloke but he's just a bit weird sometimes, we share a few gags about it every now and then..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got a mate who is a shocker with this sort of stuff.

Playing indoor sports costs $8.

Tightarse would always inist on collecting the money to take to the counter. Most blokes would just chuck him a tenner because they didnt have exactly $8.

So Mr Tightarse would collect everyones money and go pay but no one would ever get any change.

Turns out he was getting a free game out of the excess $2 per person in the team and pocketing the rest.

Cringeworthy stuff, I dont know how people can live life being that cheap.

Do what my team does.
18 game season. We all bring tenners as its just easier.
We all pay $2 over price every week. We end up getting the last 3 games out of that weekly $2 plus a bit more.

In school we super glued 5c coins together and put them in vending machines. We assumed it wouldnt work as we thought it was a weighted thing, but it did. $2 value for 10 cents. Worked for about 2 months until the owner of the machine understandably changed it.

As for the petrol money debate, i have a tight group of 6 mates. We never ask for, or offer petrol money. It's just an unspoken agreement that we have. I will drive my mate if he needs me too, and he would do the same for me. Once we went on a holiday and we all pitched in to buy a guy his slab for the initial part of the holiday, but thats about it. But we all agree to it, so its fair IMO.

Not a tight arse story, just bad luck. Went to the Boxing Day test recently with my brother and a mate(mate 1). We also met another mate (mate 2) there who spent about half the day with us, but at all different times. Magically mate 2 kept appearing on mate 1's shout. It was complete coincidence. Mate 2 shouted as he is a good bloke. But it was just funny that mate 1 kept having to buy shouts of 4 whilst me and my brother got shouts of 3. I offered to take his shout but he insisted that it was just the luck of the draw and his shout was his shout. He ended up shouting four beers 5 times whilst me and my brother went for 5 shouts of 3 beers. 5.90 a beer so he ended up about $30 below us haha :thumbsu:

I use coupons regularly, re-use teabags, etc. and I think this could be considered tight arse behaviour. (Rather I just think its clever).

However eating grapes before you pay for them or changing the appearance of tomatoes to get them cheaper is simply stealing.

This is cheap, unless you like weak tea. I would never consider using the same bag twice, I like my tea to taste like tea.

I have three things two being beer related..

the First one I suppose I am the tight arse. often a few mates will come to mine for some pre drinks before pub/party one friend always turns up without his own beer and insists on buying a six pack off me pretty much every time, he does pay me $10 Which is about what the six pack would be worth because I rarely buy a slab of beer worth more then $40 but it just really annoys me that put in all the effort of buying it and put it in the fridge (Also he rarely pays me at the time or even that night), I have not said anything but I just feel some more compensation is necessary because i am giving up my house and I do supply some food

The other tight arse thing is one of my other mates does when drinking at my house over summer is he often had the same beer as me (because they were on special) he would drink at my house then when we were leaving count how many drinks he had left and in a day or two he would be back to claim the beers and this is where the problem started.. I noticed that when I would check the fridge there seemed to always be a lot less beer then I remember I could have possibly drunk, this kept happening everytime so one night i made sure i remembered how many drinks he said he had which was 3. so the next day when he came to collect his drinks I made sure I walked over to the fridge with him and he took 5 out, I pulled him up on this and let him know that he was clearly trying to steal my beer it has not seemed to happen since.

one last one happened over summer too.. one night I took one for team, (yes I picked up the fat friend so my mate could be alone with the much more attractive one) I stayed up until 4 in the morning when i had to start work at 8am for this too, he should be forever in debt to me as he did get a root that night but two days later he wanted me to go to some shop with him (about a 30 minute drive) I say yeah I'll come then the tight arse trys to claim that i will owe him petrol money
needless to say he went alone that day

I have three things two being beer related..

the First one I suppose I am the tight arse. often a few mates will come to mine for some pre drinks before pub/party one friend always turns up without his own beer and insists on buying a six pack off me pretty much every time, he does pay me $10 Which is about what the six pack would be worth because I rarely buy a slab of beer worth more then $40 but it just really annoys me that put in all the effort of buying it and put it in the fridge (Also he rarely pays me at the time or even that night), I have not said anything but I just feel some more compensation is necessary because i am giving up my house and I do supply some food

The other tight arse thing is one of my other mates does when drinking at my house over summer is he often had the same beer as me (because they were on special) he would drink at my house then when we were leaving count how many drinks he had left and in a day or two he would be back to claim the beers and this is where the problem started.. I noticed that when I would check the fridge there seemed to always be a lot less beer then I remember I could have possibly drunk, this kept happening everytime so one night i made sure i remembered how many drinks he said he had which was 3. so the next day when he came to collect his drinks I made sure I walked over to the fridge with him and he took 5 out, I pulled him up on this and let him know that he was clearly trying to steal my beer it has not seemed to happen since.

one last one happened over summer too.. one night I took one for team, (yes I picked up the fat friend so my mate could be alone with the much more attractive one) I stayed up until 4 in the morning when i had to start work at 8am for this too, he should be forever in debt to me as he did get a root that night but two days later he wanted me to go to some shop with him (about a 30 minute drive) I say yeah I'll come then the tight arse trys to claim that i will owe him petrol money
needless to say he went alone that day

You need new mates.

My old high school was on top of a large hill, one of my mates dad used to pick him up and turn off the car engine at the top of the hill as they left, put it in neutral and roll down the hill to save petrol.

A mate of mine used to do that years ago when we were at school.

For those in Hobart, with a bit of luck, we could get from Mt Nelson all the way through the city and onto the Brooker in Neutral.

It was rare to get a perfect run with the lights and the G-force was high when getting onto the outlet but the satisfaction if it was done was fantastic.

Grow my own herb...but I'd do that even if I wasn't tight / poor :D

"herb" eh? I presume you're talking about basil, oregano, etc? ;)

If you're talking about actual herbs, it's a very cheap, convenient way to flavour your food. I have basil, lemon basil, sage, oregano, marjoram, rosemary, chives, garlic chives, parsley, mint and vietnamese mint - all in pots in my small backyard. Save the seeds each year and you never have to pay for herbs :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back