Time for the broom

Remove this Banner Ad

And I can't disagree with you. The only thing I'll say is - the better you do on field, the better you look off field.
You have it in reverse!

The better you set things up off field, generally leads to better on field performances. Exhibit A - Costa/Cook at the Cats. If only we had their class at AFC...

You have it in reverse!

The better you set things up off field, generally leads to better on field performances. Exhibit A - Costa/Cook at the Cats. If only we had their class at AFC...

Unfortunately we have a few incompetent fellows who are quite fond of "jobs for the boys" and who without merit have found themselves in control of the Crows, with no accountability to anyone.

Caught up with a passionate Port Power mate of mine the other day. He's a very smart bloke (for a Power supporter that is o_O). I said you must be wrapped with Hinkley. He said its not just Hinkley, but the whole administration from Kochie down. Making some tough moves a few years ago.

I thought to myself 'well, we've got Chapman and Trigg'. Needless to say I changed the conversation.

Come on Chappie and Trigg. Rendell went for a back room conversation. You have been exposed for breaking rules, publicly lying or both. Wear yourself what you have expected others to wear!

Right title for this thread. Time for the broom.

Forgive my ignorance, I've not been on here much lately. What's the story with the banners?

Oh - I tried hanging one at the Friday night Hawthorn game that said "Sack Trigg + Chapman". I was nearly immediately threatened with eviction - have a look in the Trigg resign thread, there's email and such. Fun was had by all!

Oh - I tried hanging one at the Friday night Hawthorn game that said "Sack Trigg + Chapman". I was nearly immediately threatened with eviction - have a look in the Trigg resign thread, there's email and such. Fun was had by all!
Wow, I commend your braveness and the attempt. Very ballsy.

Which page of the Trigg thread?

Has the hysteria subsided since the last time I read this thread? Back then the world had come to an end because Port got a bigger crowd to a game against a top side…Geelong I think, than the Crows pulled against a bottom side -Melbourne.

Now that a like for like can be compared (Port V Melbourne, Crows V Melbourne), has some perspective crept into the debate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends whether you like weak slippery bullsh1t artists as your Chairman.

Can you give me an example in fact? I am happy to be wrong, but I think people over-estimate the role a Chairman plays in day to day management. I think there has been some spin from Chapman, no doubt. But on the whole, I think he has acted with integrity. I don't mind him going. I personally think that he is on the back nine, but I don't hold him in the same breath as Trigg.

Can you give me an example in fact? I am happy to be wrong, but I think people over-estimate the role a Chairman plays in day to day management. I think there has been some spin from Chapman, no doubt. But on the whole, I think he has acted with integrity. I don't mind him going. I personally think that he is on the back nine, but I don't hold him in the same breath as Trigg.
Chapman promised a full explanation of Tippett-gate to supporters.

Still waiting...

I doubt he can. Regardless, is that a hanging offense?
Wrong!

The ex-Fat Controller was disappointed that AFC never provided supporters a full explanation.

The only thing stopping them was further embarrassment.

Basically Chapman cannot be trusted & is incompetent in his role as Chairman.

On paper, Chapman was everything you'd want in a chairman. Unfortunately, I think he treats the AFC as his plaything, and a place he can go and kick back with his mates. The fact that both he and Trigg's families go on holiday with one another is proof of that. The relationship between Chairman and CEO was far too much of a friendship, instead of being the business relationship it needed to be. When in high level positions, once you cross that line with people you work with, the hard decisions become much harder to make.

Fair question.

Firstly, Chapman did not accept Trigg's resignation, a weak decision and poor judgement which became cancerous at the club. If he had got rid of Trigg we could have got a new CEO and a fresh start two years ago. What was best for his mate took priority over what was best for the club. (I know this is opinion, not fact).

But at the time Chapman said EVERY player, staff member, vice president and sponsor supports Trigg staying. I don't believe he consulted EVERY one of them, but was that the right thing to do anyway, to try to read the wind (noting he diid not ask the members). First warning bell to me that he was a spin merchant.

Then Chapman lied to the supporters. He said we would give a full explanation of Tippetgate - 'it's what the supporters deserve' IIRC - but then weasled his way out of this promise citing 'legal reasons'. Since when was it illegal/libellous to tell the truth? The truth is it would be embarrassing to tell the truth because Chapman, contrary to what he told the public and the AFL, knew all about the secret Tippett clauses when Trigg briefed the Board about it in August 2011. Yet he told the AFL the first he knew about it was when the Tippett to Sydney deal fell through. This is why supporters think he kept Trigg on to protect his own lie, that Trigg might have 'taken one for the team' in taking the penalty rather than the whole Board being implicated in knowing about the deception of the AFL.

Then Chapman promised he would personally respond to every member that emailed him with questions about Tippettgate. He did respond to a few, but then when the questions got too tough (refer to DABM) or he just got too many emails he walked away from this promise too.

We have a Chairman who the members and supporters cannot trust and do not respect. We believe he is a liar. Anybody who closely followed Tippetgate doesn't believe a word Chapman says now and want him out of the club so we can have a leader we can respect and trust.

Let's just hope our Chappie is on the back 9. Worst case scenario he'll take the CEO job himself - I don't believe even he would think he could sell that one - or give it to a mate. For example, it is rumoured one of the people he's mentioned, Kate Berry, is a family friend.

The other fear is he will engage an HR company to find the new CEO. The HR company will be one run by a mate, who will receive a big fee for the work and then suggest someone already at the club.

Will we see a continuation of the mentality that the club is their personal plaything?

You Sir get this for your efforts:

upload_2014-7-23_14-54-19.jpeg

Bob should have thrown himself on his sword after Tippettgate. Should have been a dual show with Trigg.

Even worse was Bob's handling of Trigg to allow him to stay and then have the nerve to welcome him back as the prodigal son after his "holiday" as if nothing had even happened.

What else for the "jobs for the boys" club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back