Time for the broom

Remove this Banner Ad

Financially and loss of players leading to being at the bottom of the ladder for 10-20years

I think you've got a helluva lot of dots to join between Chapman giving a full explanation to the members (as promised - are you saying he was an idiot to promise this?) and this causing the club financial loss and loss of players and being bottom for 10-20 years.

Are you saying the truth is so bad that, if revealed, would have totally destroyed the club?*

Just asking, maybe you know something we don't?

* I suspect it would have been hugely embarrassing to Trigg and Chapman, but that's not the same as 'destroying the club'.

It's worth adding that the reaction to our "scandle" from AFC supporters has been very different to that of the Essendon supporters.
Yes, staggering the support for Hird with supporters heads in the sand ... yet unlike AFC, Essendon turned over their CEO, Footy Ops, Chairman & Coach (crazy if he comes back!)...

I think you've got a helluva lot of dots to join between Chapman giving a full explanation to the members (as promised - are you saying he was an idiot to promise this?) and this causing the club financial loss and loss of players and being bottom for 10-20 years.

Are you saying the truth is so bad that, if revealed, would have totally destroyed the club?*

* I suspect it would have been hugely embarrassing to Trigg and Chapman, but that's not the same as 'destroying the club'.
I doubt Demetriou would have said that he wished that AFC management had properly explained Tippett-gate, if it meant destroying the club financially.

AFC management have just been hiding behind this excuse to avoid further embarrassment as the ex-Fat Controller knows all.

Yup...but apparently they get to stay because "everyone's entitled to make one mistake"...

So let's think this through: if someone defrauds the club of $250 000, would they be allowed to stay, on the basis that "everyone's entitled to one mistake"?

Of course not...even though doing that would have cost the club less money than the Tippett fines, we wouldn't have lost a key player for nothing, and we wouldn't have lost two years of draft picks...
There are small mistakes ... & almighty huge f*ck-ups - where you should be accountable (immediately) in the real world.

You completely miss the point on purpose so you don't have to answer the question well done Mr Politician

You completely miss the point on purpose so you don't have to answer the question well done Mr Politician

I am honestly at a loss as to why Carlton have hired this man?

I mean what is his legacy? He has taken Adelaide to a weaker financial position relative to the other clubs from when he took over, especially by approving the building of that white elephant out at West Lakes. Fought tooth & nail to stay at footy park, to keep Craig, diss his own members, dismissed Rendell, lost us draft picks by bungling Tippets contract, fought against AO, praised himself over AO & then it comes out that the very deal he approved isn't a very good one! Not to mention the onset of mediocrity in every facet of the AFC (marketing a prime example)

I mean, you could not write a worse script for a CEO. Be gone!

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. You keep saying that chapman telling the truth could destroy the club. How would it destroy the club? and please, be hypothetical if you have to......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question. You keep saying that chapman telling the truth could destroy the club. How would it destroy the club? and please, be hypothetical if you have to......
I answered your first question(Even though my question was not answered) and now I need to answer a second question and then a third and then a fourth and then a fifth and a sixth. I will not give an 10 page dissertation that you will then try and dissect while avoiding a very very simple question

My point is simple there is a scale of consequences and at a point any sane person would not perform the action

I was wondering what the **** your syntax meant, i get it now.

I meant, "being turned over, not already has been turned over"

One down. When's the next one?
being
verb
used to indicate something that is due or destined to happen.

I answered your first question(Even though my question was not answered) and now I need to answer a second question and then a third and then a fourth and then a fifth and a sixth. I will not give an 10 page dissertation that you will then try and dissect while avoiding a very very simple question

My point is simple there is a scale of consequences and at a point any sane person would not perform the action
I think you need to read that through and work out if it makes any sense at all to you - if it does you should stop posting.

I think you need to read that through and work out if it makes any sense at all to you - if it does you should stop posting.
I answered your previous question now you move the goal posts.

I will not keep answering questions as they are not relevant to the hypothetical question I asked.

If you answer I will provide you with a hypothetical scenario

I answered your previous question now you move the goal posts.

I will not keep answering questions as they are not relevant to the hypothetical question I asked.

If you answer I will provide you with a hypothetical scenario
You have not answered anything. All you've done is blather and bullshit and talk in ridiculous circles.

Kane's sig seems very appropriate right now.....
Now for the insults

I get it if you answer the question you think it hurts your position.

I have no fear in answering the opposite question

If there are no consequences to telling everything the they absolutely should tell everything

Now for the insults

I get it if you answer the question you think it hurts your position.

I have no fear in answering the opposite question

If there are no consequences to telling everything the they absolutely should tell everything
It doesn't hurt my position at all because from the beginning my position has been that the truth being told would not harm the club. I am still waiting for you to tell me in some reasonable detail, how it would harm the club, besides just vaguely and ambiguously saying "financially and loss of players".
What consequences could there possibly be? They have ALREADY BEEN SANCTIONED, and AD has stated that they should come clean to the fans.
The only possible reason to not come clean would be to cover their own butts and keep their jobs.
This would NOT in any way harm the club.

It could potentially harm the club if there was a non-disclosure agreed to and the AFL/agent/father/player sued the club.
Sponsors could pull out due the part they played being disclosed and why would a potential club sponsor give money if the club discloses your arrangements at will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back