Traded Tom Mitchell [traded to Hawthorn with pick 57 for pick 14 & 52]

Who won this trade?

• Sydney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely pick 7 for Mitchell would be a no-brainer for the Swans. They'd take Laverde and their midfield for the next five years is:

Jack 27
Kennedy 26
Bird 26
Jetta 25
Hannebery 24
Parker 22
B Jack 20
Perris 20
Jones 19
Heeney 18
Laverde 18

And also some combination of Towers 24, Rohan 23, Biggs 23, Cunningham 21, Lloyd 21. Unbelievable depth really. You can see why Mitchell's not getting a game. Replacing him with a guy three years younger (Laverde) is good for the age spread.
There's going to be some serious salary cap pressure on that midfield once COLA is phased out. Helps Sydney that a few of those guys (Perris, Heeney, the Jacks) are from NSW. Will be tough to hold onto Hannebery, Parker, Jones, Cunningham etc though, even in spite of a strong culture.

There's going to be some serious salary cap pressure on that midfield once COLA is phased out. Helps Sydney that a few of those guys (Perris, Heeney, the Jacks) are from NSW. Will be tough to hold onto Hannebery, Parker, Jones, Cunningham etc though, even in spite of a strong culture.
Harry in a NSW boy

Are u forgetting that Mitchell must agree to it? Not sure why you would mention other clubs.

If Mitchell does choose Carlton, all other clubs are off the table. Simple fact.

Carlton won't give up a pick as low as 6 for a guy who is playing reserves no matter what people value him as.

Yes, contracted. He can stay there if he and Sydney want.

But if he wants to leave, then the swans can either deal with clubs (unless he picks just one) or they can keep him.

If a deal cannot be met he will either stay at Sydney (and they can pay him currently what is in the contract) or they can have a disgruntled player on their list.

If both clubs cannot reach an agreement it will be tried to be sorted by the afl. They won't be telling Sydney that they deserve pick 6 for a guy not in their best 22

Where has it been said that he is disgruntled? Both his father and manager have said that he is happy at Sydney...

SEN saying he's meeting with blues after grand final and they are prepared to offer pick 6. Just what the swans need....
Oh god no.....they already have Isaac Heeney locked up with pick 17-18......geez they are soooo lucky

My guess is that after two weeks of chest beating and huffing and puffing, we will cave and throw Pick #7 on the table for Mitchell + Membrey/Towers, which I think would be a good return as it also helps us gain another highly rated player that can help address a need (Membrey as a solid, lead up forward with beautiful kicking and marking, Towers as a tallish, outside, line breaking speedster).

Frankly I think the Swans will keep him, and with an injury free preseason/ season he will play every game for us next year.

That said, if hypothetically we were going to consider trading him, then we wouldn't be throwing in steak knives to get a deal done, would likely need to be making us a deal too good to refuse.

As an aside to that Membrey is out of contract and if given opportunities elsewhere doubt the Swans would be standing in his way with unreasonable trade demands.

So you could probably pick up Membrey cheap, but wouldn't expect him to be thrown in as a sweetener in a Mitchell deal from our end.

Frankly I think the Swans will keep him, and with an injury free preseason/ season he will play every game for us next year.

That said, if hypothetically we were going to consider trading him, then we wouldn't be throwing in steak knives to get a deal done, would likely need to be making us a deal too good to refuse.

As an aside to that Membrey is out of contract and if given opportunities elsewhere doubt the Swans would be standing in his way with unreasonable trade demands.

So you could probably pick up Membrey cheap, but wouldn't expect him to be thrown in as a sweetener in a Mitchell deal from our end.
I love the kid but if he was best 22 he would be playing in a GF this week.

He is fit enough to get 29 , 13 tackles against the tigers.

he is competing with parker , jpk etc that's why he cant break in

I seem to recall a similar situation in 2008 with a player called Ryan O'Keefe.

Pelchan didn't want to put up hawks first and second from recollection and we didn't want to part with him. In this situation he was uncontacted.

That's such a shame no-one wanted to talk to him :)

I've gone off the Mitchell band-wagon. Let Sydney find a way to keep paying 4-500K a year for him.......which they won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems like MM still thinks carlton is in premiership window. They will go for the ready to go Mitchell and woiuld prefer him over Moore who will take a long time to develop

Back