Tony still a Pom? All he needs to do is show a piece of paper to clear it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you naive enough think that the PM office when Rudd or Gillard were in charge didn't look into these things? Of course they would/did , 100+ spin doctors have to prove their worth & costs.
Can you think of any reason why he doesn't produce it. Clears up all doubt don't you think?

Can you think of any reason why he doesn't produce it. Clears up all doubt don't you think?

Has it been formally requested or should he read BF and take that as a formal request?

I'm sure a simple FOI request would sort this out, but a cursory Google search shows no evidence. Gillard's on record as renouncing her's on entry to Parliament in 1998, no such information seems to exist for Abbott which seems a little odd.

When did Gillard renounce her British citizenship? When did Penny Ying-yen Wong renounce her Malaysian citizenship? When did Stephen Conroy renounce his British citizenship? The fact that you only question Abbott's citizenship suggests that you are muck-raking rather than making some valid point about our political process.

Section 44 (i) is a bit messy due to its ambiguity of whether Britain constitutes a foreign power. Sue v Hill ruled that it does, but it should be noted that three of the seven judges found that the court did not have jurisdiction to hear the case.

Ideally, the constitution should be cleared up but there doesn't seem to be the political momentum to make the necessary changes.

The House of Reps Inquiry into the conduct of the 1996 federal election recommended "deleting section 44(i) on "foreign allegiance" and otherwise amending the Constitution to make Australian citizenship a necessary qualification for membership of the Parliament".

Bob Brown submitted an upper house bill to this effect in 2003. If enough Labor members had showed up it would have been passed.

Later that year an upper house motion of support, submitted by Andrew Bartlett, for a similar measure was passed but without any further action along that path.

When did Gillard renounce her British citizenship? When did Penny Ying-yen Wong renounce her Malaysian citizenship? When did Stephen Conroy renounce his British citizenship? The fact that you only question Abbott's citizenship suggests that you are muck-raking rather than making some valid point about our political process.
Jeebus what a bunch of winners. It's like an English cricket team. :eek:

OK, in what forum and under what authority?

BF here and BF in the UK or something formal?
Yes. Bf here and bf in the UK.
I made the mistake of thinking you were serious, so I answered your question.
Should have realised you were just sitting with Clive Palmer, making jokes.
lol

a queensland blogger is a formal request?

lol
Why can't he make a formal request?

Who is allowed to?

Who is allowed to?
I'm sure the next time PR has lunch with Tone, he'll ask him.

Who is allowed to?

Anyone is allowed to ask but it has to be an appropriate forum to be formal thus requiring a response.

should we run murder trials on the net or should we limit it to certain forums? is it that hard to understand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOI requests, for a small fee, can be made by anyone. So yes, a Qld blogger is a formal request, and as I know you are so fond of rhetorical questions at the end of a post, why was this FOI request turned down?

I thought legal issues were decided in court. is that not the case anymore?

Anyone is allowed to ask but it has to be an appropriate forum to be formal thus requiring a response.

should we run murder trials on the net or should we limit it to certain forums? is it that hard to understand?
Before we get into the usual boring conversation, where you don't know what you're talking about, and then deflect for as you long as you can. You should look up what the freedom of information act is...

Or you could talk to Tom Cruise (he has played a lawyer before) when you have croutons with him this weekend, and get back to us.

I'm not the one demanding the government take immediate notice of anything I'm saying and answer my demands.
Not liking he's demanding Tone hand-deliver his Tuesday night pizza.

He's made an FOI request for a public document. Which has been made secret and the FOI rejected.

Is Tony Abbott a dual citizen?

Simple question, simple yes or no answer backed up by a simple document.

Not liking he's demanding Tone hand-deliver his Tuesday night pizza.

He's made an FOI request for a public document. Which has been made secret and the FOI rejected.

Is Tony Abbott a dual citizen?

Simple question, simple yes or no answer backed up by a simple document.

but the request needs to be made through a formal channel. may be the request should be made through the courts?

or do you think blogging is a formal request?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back