Tony still a Pom? All he needs to do is show a piece of paper to clear it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we get into the usual boring conversation, where you don't know what you're talking about, and then deflect for as you long as you can. You should look up what the freedom of information act is...

Or you could talk to Tom Cruise (he has played a lawyer before) when you have croutons with him this weekend, and get back to us.

the courts or possibly parliament is the appropriate forum for the request.

sorry to disappoint, I don't know Tom.

An FOI applicatin is a formal request PR, there is an office that handles the requests and thus far they have been denied. I think you can the appeal to the Admistritive Appeals Tribunal if you're unhappy with outcome.
All request for this informatipon have gone through the correct channels thus far.

lol

a queensland blogger is a formal request?

lol
You know very little about me and although we know quite a bit about you and your business dealings if I make a FOI request, should we be laughed at merely because I post on here? LOL What is wrong about asking a simple question? What is strange that it is easily answered.

but the request needs to be made through a formal channel. may be the request should be made through the courts?

or do you think blogging is a formal request?
http://www.oaic.gov.au/

Can you be honest and admit that this wasn't just a random demand on a blog but a formal FOI request by the blogger? Do you think that certain classes of people should be denied the ability to lodge FOI requests?

"Individuals have the right to request access to documents from Australian Government ministers and most agencies under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)." - http://www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-of-i...nformation-act/the-freedom-of-information-act

As in mentioned many times, including at the time of the formal renunciation.

Should be easy to post links for evidence of Gillard, Wong, Conroy and Ludlam all renouncing their foreign citizenships then.

Personally I think that citizenship of Australia should be enough to stand for parliament, along with a declaration of any other citizenship. As I posted earlier this is a view that has been supported a number of times in parliament.

http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/members/Julia_Gillard.shtml
Ms Gillard was born in Barry, Wales in 1961. She is the daughter of a nurse and aged care worker. Her family migrated to Australia in 1966 and she grew up in Adelaide. Ms Gillard became an Australian citizen in 1974 along with the rest of her family, and renounced her British citizenship before entering Parliament.
The UN reliable enough for you Lester?

Should be easy to post links for evidence of Gillard, Wong, Conroy and Ludlam all renouncing their foreign citizenships then.

Personally I think that citizenship of Australia should be enough to stand for parliament, along with a declaration of any other citizenship. As I posted earlier this is a view that has been supported a number of times in parliament.
You are free to start a thread on those other people you mention, this thread is about the current PM.

I do remember around 2011, a cry out about Gillard's citizenship status.
Dunno if it was on bigfooty.

Just submit an FOI and you should be able to secure those documents.

Maybe. But that is not the law.

You are free to start a thread on those other people you mention, this thread is about the current PM.

I'm not really interested in the dual citizenship of those people. I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of just going after one politician or those from a particular side. If there is a point of principle being sought here then apply it across the board.

I'm not really interested in the dual citizenship of those people. I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of just going after one politician or those from a particular side. If there is a point of principle being sought here then apply it across the board.
Agree but the original question is about Abbot and it can be easily resolved.

http://www.oaic.gov.au/

Can you be honest and admit that this wasn't just a random demand on a blog but a formal FOI request by the blogger? Do you think that certain classes of people should be denied the ability to lodge FOI requests?

"Individuals have the right to request access to documents from Australian Government ministers and most agencies under the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act)." - http://www.oaic.gov.au/freedom-of-i...nformation-act/the-freedom-of-information-act

no, but we are talking about different issues. the FOI relates to the release of information.

if you want Tony to produce it, or take issue with his status, the courts and possibly parliament is the appropriate forum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know very little about me and although we know quite a bit about you and your business dealings if I make a FOI request, should we be laughed at merely because I post on here? LOL What is wrong about asking a simple question? What is strange that it is easily answered.

I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to the link provided in the thread.

I question the purpose of an Australian FOI request.

I have looked into what it takes to renounce British citizenship in the past (for personal reasons) and from what I could determine there's no interaction with Australian Government departments, thus no documents to search for.

Whatever documents the PM may or may not have are personal documents and fall outside the bounds of the FOI system.

I question the purpose of an Australian FOI request.

I have looked into what it takes to renounce British citizenship in the past (for personal reasons) and from what I could determine there's no interaction with Australian Government departments, thus no documents to search for.

Whatever documents the PM may or may not have are personal documents and fall outside the bounds of the FOI system.
A FOI request was also made to the British Home Office, who denied on grounds of it being personal information, they wouldn't even provide an answer to if the document existed or the dating of it, which is all that was needed.

Has it been formally requested or should he read BF and take that as a formal request?
Skipping the usual power raid s**t fest. I'm going to reply to your original post again.

Yes, it has been requested.
No he shouldn't take people talking about it on a footy forum as a formal request.

Skipping the usual power raid s**t fest. I'm going to reply to your original post again.

Yes, it has been requested.
No he shouldn't take people talking about it on a footy forum as a formal request.

I will ask one more time for the slow learners.

the issue is whether he meets the legal requirement. the appropriate forum to challenge a legal issue is a thing called a court.

so has the issue been taken to court?

the document is the side issue and would form part of discovery.

Last edited:
A FOI request was also made to the British Home Office, who denied on grounds of it being personal information, they wouldn't even provide an answer to if the document existed or the dating of it, which is all that was needed.

yet if the request was made by a court, it would be produced immediately. I wonder why no one cares enough to go through the formal process. or do they already know the answer and just choose to make noise over a non-issue?

I will ask one more time for the slow learners.

the issue is whether he meets the legal requirement. the appropriate forum to challenge a legal issue is a thing called a court.

so has the issue been taken to court?

the document is the side issue and would form part of discovery.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/foia1982222/s11.html

Read the act...
That is a link to the act, section 11.

Stop wasting peoples time with your disingenuous questioning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back