Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If pick 6 isn't involved I'm all for it. If for some reason it isn't good enough for GWS then go for Membrey and have Lachie play down back. Jaksch over having the chance to pick up one of these guys who could slip through Brayshaw, McMartin, Durdin, Laverde ?

I think it depends on whether the Dees get pick 3 as compo for Frawley as to whether one of those guys slips through to us (Wright, Durdin, Lever). Also, if we feel like we can get the player we want a bit later in the first round then I could live with pick 6 changing hands, but I'm still hopeful we can keep it and upgrade our 2nd to a late 1st which we will trade for Jaksch.

If we get Jaksch and Jones I'd see us going for a mid otherwise we run the risks of other KPP's leaving due to a lack of opportunity.

They'd both be best 22. Who would put their hand up to leave? Watson? White? No big loss either of those two.

But I agree if we get those two guys we will most likely grab Laverde or another mid.

I just don't know why Shane rogers would say jaksch is a pick 12 or 14 could've kept his mouth quiet. All he had to say is yes we keen on jaksch and that he wants to come to us. But don't say what he is worth or not worth. Things like that can push him away

I just don't know why Shane rogers would say jaksch is a pick 12 or 14 could've kept his mouth quiet. All he had to say is yes we keen on jaksch and that he wants to come to us. But don't say what he is worth or not worth. Things like that can push him away

He wouldn't have said anything that he wasn't already discussing with GWS. Both teams know that's his real worth so no point hiding it, won't affect the deal at all.

Struggled a bit against the likes of Freo, Sydney and Port away. Anyway Johnson is just a first year player who debuted after strong VFL performances. It's far too earlier to write him off.

Oh no, certainly not writing him off, I guess I just don't share everyone's enthusiasm just yet.

And for the record I loved the Chief :D

I would hate us to do the deal involving Hawthorn and GWS where we give up 6 and get back Jacksh and 18. Hawthorn end up out of that trade like absolute bandits! GWS rightfully wouldn't accept 18 for JO'R on it's own so...

Not a good deal for us. KJ would want to turn into some sort of player for us to do that deal. Massive no from me, find another way...

Jaksch would already where he sits after meeting with numerous clubs and constant discussion with his manager.

To be honest pick 12 is a lot for someone who is uncontracted and has only played 7 games in three years.

Oh no, certainly not writing him off, I guess I just don't share everyone's enthusiasm just yet.

And for the record I loved the Chief :D

I certainly hope Johnson makes it as a proper half forward who can rotate through the middle so we can rotate our mids through the forward line more often.

Jaksch is out of contract right?

Well if he officially nominates us, and GWS doesn't want to do a reasonable deal. Get him to go pre season draft for nothing then.

I would hate us to do the deal involving Hawthorn and GWS where we give up 6 and get back Jacksh and 18. Hawthorn end up out of that trade like absolute bandits! GWS rightfully wouldn't accept 18 for JO'R on it's own so...

Not a good deal for us. KJ would want to turn into some sort of player for us to do that deal. Massive no from me, find another way...

100% agree - that deal is a 11/10 for Hawthorn, 9/10 for GWS and a 6/10 for us - why should we do deals that strengthen them more than us. Really hoping #6 is off the table and we work with the rest to get the best results possible. Live with the results, let our draft recruiters have a go and see how we pick.

100% agree - that deal is a 11/10 for Hawthorn, 9/10 for GWS and a 6/10 for us - why should we do deals that strengthen them more than us. Really hoping #6 is off the table and we work with the rest to get the best results possible. Live with the results, let our draft recruiters have a go and see how we pick.

Exactly.
IMO #6 would possibly be enough to get both these guys. (plus a swap of picks later)

Still wouldnt do the deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he picks us out right, then we will get him for our second. They won't let him walk into the pre season.

As much as I would like to get the deal over and done with as early as possible, I cannot see us giving up pick 6 for Jaksch. If so, then I would expect a pick between 12-15 to come back our way. Pick 18 (from the Hawks) or pick 20 or so will not be a good deal for us. Unless..... It is pick 18 and 20. I think would be happy with that.

We then would end up with Jaksch, pick 18, pick 20 and pick 26. We saw how well Brisbane did with 2nd round picks!

Saints can have jaksch I'm tired of this s**t

We went into 2014 with fewer talls than any club. We had injuries to Waite, Henderson, Kreuzer, and Giles at times and managed to hold it together. We've lost Waite but will gain Jones. Structure wise we are no worse off. We also still have the drafts to come to add more height. Plus Giles and Kreuzer will be over long term injuries.

Rowe, Jamison, Giles the key defenders
Watson, Henderson the swing men
Casboult, Jones the key forwards
Kreuzer, Warnock, Wood the rucks.

We can afford injuries to 3 key talls and 1 ruck or 2 key talls and 2 rucks as long as one isn't Casboult.

Jaksch gives us cope to add more versatility, cover for injuries and the potential to incrementally improve the quality, but it is still potential, not a certainty.

We are not so desperate that we have to pay big overs.

What ever happens happens
Too true!
I need to be put into suspeded animation and woken up the second the trade period closes.
The hours trawling through forums five times a day at all hours for a heads-up is taking it's toll.
It's like a kid waiting for Santa.....but with stress.

Maybe not so bad. It's telling Jaksch we rate him, at the same time were letting GWS know he's not worth pick 6. So if we're thinking 2nd rounder and a player (Lucas maybe), then maybe he is trying to let them know that's where we rate him if they want to deal with us.

We could always try and squeeze a Woodward out of Hawthorn with that deal.

Carlton: #18 & Jaksch & Woodward
Hawthorn: O'Rourke
GWS: #6

That balance things out. Maybe over-balances but.......

We could always try and squeeze a Woodward out of Hawthorn with that deal.

Carlton: #18 & Jaksch & Woodward
Hawthorn: O'Rourke

That balance things out. Maybe over-balances but.......
Another one (which may get called down) - but there was some talk of Robinson to Hawthorn:

Carlton: #18, Jacksh & Shoenmakers
Hawthorn: O'Rourke & Robinson

Shoenmakers was shocking in the VFL grand final by all accounts, and I dont rate him as a defender - but have seen signs as a forward. Having Shoenmakers, Jacksh, Jones and Casboult could build a solid forwardline and allow Henderson to return to defense.

I think Hendo is settled in the Forward line and should stay there unless we got someone amazing like Boyd. Jaksch to the backline... done.

Not keen on Shoenclangers and his haircut wouldn't fit in around the club...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back